Chivalry (competitive) scrims

• Seeing as how noone has posted about this yet. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CCDW Clans- Chiv DW . I am not the head of this nor is this post here to discuss the viability of any sort of competitive/organized play/balance etc… I just would like to see this succeed and therefore am bringing it to attention of all interested parties. With near 100 players in under a week, it is great to see some interest in this group and I am doing my part to advertise for anyone who has yet to come across it.

Cheers, optimal

• The best players in the game are participating.

We could use someone that can stream/record, though, if anyone is capable of that.

• Been gone for several weeks, it’s nice to see some of my favourite players in some of those clans. This is exactly what DW needs, some competition.

• Amaising man, at the same time in Europe i made a group fore scrims and 1vs1. Also in a week over 110 members in the group! Its so crap that we cant play together because of the pings!

The Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CDWL

• @Last:

Amaising man, at the same time in Europe i made a group fore scrims and 1vs1. Also in a week over 110 members in the group! Its so crap that we cant play together because of the pings!

The Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CDWL

I took a look of what DW competitive scene is like from that link and I’d like you to elaborate if these are really comp rules because I can’t believe it:

1. No Feints and no Hacks
    No feints, really? Are you serious? “Don’t use game mechanics.”

6. If a player hacks in normal games, this leads to exclusion of the Leaderboard for the Clan.
    So a player is allowed to hack in games that are not normal? Wtf?

9. Forbidden weapons: Ninja Claws and the Mace from the Knight.
    Forbidden weapons, seriously? And viking spear isn’t even on the list. What’s the reason that these two weapons are banned?

And not a single word about 3rd person so I assume it’s allowed?

• Apparantly feinting shieldusers is bad because pro-spartans lowers their shields after a feint so they can get hit. But the shield block 360 and kicks are really not an option in this game because everyone plays third.

• Allow feints and restrict 3rd then you can call it competitive scrims.

• Most DW players are bot-like in how bad they are. I’ve played a lot of it for the fast-paced noob-farming, all my classes are lvl 28 and up. I gotta say that when you encounter another good player and duel it out in FFA or LTS, it can be a pretty epic experience. However some of these rules are retarded. Ninja claws are really really annoying, but banning them? Same with Mace. Why is sarissa not banned, or 1-shot throw spear? Nodachi is there, Dane axe is there. The feinting thing I’m not even going to comment on, it’s been summed up above.

gl;hf, and imo GTFO tbh

• I sure do feel the love and respect from the MW forum lurkers look at this “gl;hf, and imo GTFO tbh” I mean yeah some stuff you said is relevant like the dory throw, or lemonator saying allow feints, and banning weapons after only a week or two? I can understand having LIMITS on number of weapons per team in a particular scrim but not this early on.

As the person who started and organizes most of the NA league:

1.Feints are allowed.

2.3rd person is allowed because DW is a smaller community so we don’t have exclusive luxuries to regulate that and who are we to say 3rd person is OP?

3. So you want rules on stuff like 3rd person but you are saying to make sure not to restrict feints or weapons (which I am not in the current 6v6 LTS games) I will not add lots of rules unless/until certain strategies become a problem (Ex. MASS DORY THROW o.o) It all comes down to regulation or no regulation and I’m going to start with little and work some in progressively. Change over time who ever thought of that?

4. Duels - any forms of ranged weapons won’t be allowed (So Viking is only allowed to melee) this is mainly because Viking can throw and then immediately attack afterwards which means if they miss throw on purpose (to get you to block) they can always hit you with melee with little to no windup, also to prevent spear chuking, and also to prevent HEALING while holding a thrown weapon up (which is very fast compared to MW)

I love how sour the MW people get towards DW… Then tell us we’re doing it wrong because it isn’t the MW way, then “Most DW players are bot-like in how bad they are”, and always with the negativity towards DW as a whole. I mean come on aren’t we supposed to be chivalrous?

• @Irish:

I sure do feel the love and respect from the MW forum lurkers look at this “gl;hf, and imo GTFO tbh” I mean yeah some stuff you said is relevant like the dory throw, or lemonator saying allow feints, and banning weapons after only a week or two? I can understand having LIMITS on number of weapons per team in a particular scrim but not this early on.

As the person who started and organizes most of the NA league:

1.Feints are allowed.

2.3rd person is allowed because DW is a smaller community so we don’t have exclusive luxuries to regulate that and who are we to say 3rd person is OP?

3. So you want rules on stuff like 3rd person but you are saying to make sure not to restrict feints or weapons (which I am not in the current 6v6 LTS games) I will not add lots of rules unless/until certain strategies become a problem (Ex. MASS DORY THROW o.o) It all comes down to regulation or no regulation and I’m going to start with little and work some in progressively. Change over time who ever thought of that?

4. Duels - any forms of ranged weapons won’t be allowed (So Viking is only allowed to melee) this is mainly because Viking can throw and then immediately attack afterwards which means if they miss throw on purpose (to get you to block) they can always hit you with melee with little to no windup, also to prevent spear chuking, and also to prevent HEALING while holding a thrown weapon up (which is very fast compared to MW)

I love how sour the MW people get towards DW… Then tell us we’re doing it wrong because it isn’t the MW way, then “?Most DW players are bot-like in how bad they are”, and always with the negativity towards DW as a whole. I mean come on aren’t we supposed to be chivalrous?

Don’t tell me I’m wrong when I say most DW players are shit. I’ve played enough DW to know otherwise. I’m a fan of DW And MW, so quit using my quotes as a representative of anti-dw MW players. Just because it’s negative doesn’t mean it’s untrue.

• I was hoping for feedback on the rules I put out so I guess they were good?
    but since it is a forum and all we like to do I argue about the things that don’t really matter in the long term I’ll take a go at what you said:
    Your logic: I played DW and all the players were bad and my opinion is as valid or more valid than the DW players who actually play the game regularly.

I don’t know if you are EU or NA but either way I’m sure if you were playing the players in this league you wouldn’t be calling them shit afterwards. At least not most of them. Did you even play on the servers where the good players hang out? Or did you just say “oh look a 29/30 official server better go slay some noobs in ffa!” and if you are EU I have no experience over there but I bet people on the top of their duel leaderboard are good.

Most players of any game are shit in comparison to the players who are skilled or play more come on that is just how the skill curve works in any game. Both of us were shit in our first 100 hours compared to now. All you are talking about is the high quantity of low quality players (which probably means a lot of new players which is good in my opinion not bad) but it’s in a “look how much better we are than you” manner. There is more people playing MW so you’ll have more high quality players it is that simple. If you’ve played LTS at the old colloseum server long enough or played duel with badgers you would know DW isn’t all shit players. Why shouldn’t I have quoted that it was exactly what MW players always say about DW.

What I really want to see is a good argument of why 3rd person should be restricted for the DW scene when restricting weapons or feints is something you guys don’t like. It kind of sounds like the EU players restricting feints and weapons is doing the same thing as restricting 3rd person in MW. Remove 3rd person! Remove feints! Remove weapons! There you go you restricting everything made the game more balanced because everyone is using the same thing! (but not as fun) No restrictions? Well if something is OP then it makes stuff less fun/fair but who decides what is OP and what isn’t when you don’t have a weapon damage table to analyze the actual numbers? (in regards to melee weapons) and 3rd person being unfair is really anecdotal evidence and I don’t like relying on what people say for balance rules unless everyone is saying it. I think if I put it to a vote on what should be not allowed then feints would be not allowed (DW scene doesn’t like feints but I certainly am not going to restrict feints since I want players to get better instead of getting rekt by feints), dory throw wouldn’t be allowed (since it is unblockable without shields and can insta kill with body shots), and maybe mace or Spartan shield bash. That does sound more like the EU rules maybe they put things to votes instead of an an executive power not restricting much of anything.

• @Oy:

Don’t tell me I’m wrong when I say most DW players are shit. I’ve played enough DW to know otherwise. I’m a fan of DW And MW, so quit using my quotes as a representative of anti-dw MW players. Just because it’s negative doesn’t mean it’s untrue.

I doubt you could even touch most of the people in this league, including myself.

• Rules are better.

But its easy to restrict 3rd. Its a server setting lol.

Though 3rd can’t be exploited as much as it can in MW becuase of the damage system.

• @TheMightyAltroll:

I doubt you could even touch most of the people in this league, including myself.

Hehe, you guys are so touchy. I didn’t say your “league” was shitty I said most DW players don’t have much MW experience/skill so your “league” is gonna be a small one. And some of your rules are stupid. This is all I said, please don’t get over-compensatey and start attacking me. Speaking of what I can touch, you may be surprised how far my reach goes, I’ll grab ya all over baby.

• Oy,

I wouldn’t say that the DW crowd is bad considering you haven’t played half of the people on the game and have never encountered most of the players in the upper tiers. That’s where the issue started.

As far as 3rd person is concerned there really is no point in restricting it at the current time. Nobody is doing MLG/getting paid for playing this game. I do like the points of what weapons are banned, i personally feel that the mace and claws have the highest rate of instantaneous hits that are nigh unblockable (besides the three swinging, spam hungry vikings). That I believe had a lot of thought put into it and is still not set in stone.

• Is bo staff still OP? Haven’t played since beta.

• @parkrangerstan:

Is bo staff still OP? Haven’t played since beta.

Right? Does anyone play this game still?

• Plenty of people play it.

• @Proshotv2:

Oy,

I wouldn’t say that the DW crowd is bad considering you haven’t played half of the people on the game and have never encountered most of the players in the upper tiers. That’s where the issue started.

As far as 3rd person is concerned there really is no point in restricting it at the current time. Nobody is doing MLG/getting paid for playing this game. I do like the points of what weapons are banned, i personally feel that the mace and claws have the highest rate of instantaneous hits that are nigh unblockable (besides the three swinging, spam hungry vikings). That I believe had a lot of thought put into it and is still not set in stone.

Lol I love how all of you are so cocky and sure of yourself. How do you know how much I’ve played, how good I am, or who I’ve played against. You’re as defensive as a brony - to the of becoming aggresively defensive and assuming things.

• No feints !?! Then, I’ve read it again since I doubt that shitty rule was real or not. Oh F***, it is ! ! Then, I told myself, what a noobs rule ! And then, I finaly laught to death ! it was to much for me ! Haha lolll HAHAHAH LOLOLOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!! Joke of the day !! ouch, my abs hurting me right now !

I’ve played both games and the feint is part of the game. Deal with it. nothing else to say. Learn to duck or something but realy this rule is a non-sense to all real players that wish to face some great opponents. welcome to the major league baby !