Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 32 (Big Picture Mode)

• Chivalry: Medieval Warfare now has Full Big Picture mode support!

New

Added Full Controller Support

• Players are now able to choose between keyboard and mouse and a gamepad

Removed Launcher

• Launching the game now goes through Steam Launch Options
    • Stay tuned for the new way we will alert users to Chivalry News

Fixes

• Fix issue where game crashes without Steam (bSteamEnabled = false)
    • Join Game now allows you to halt a search that’s in progress
    • Fixed issue users were having when trying to manipulate the advanced filters in the Server browser
    • Filtering by Locked servers now functions properly
    • Placeable variant of GiantSlayersFamilyInfo added for TO2 maps
    • -windowed now disables borderless

For those of you who already had binds you were comfortable with, you can set them in the “UDKPlayerInput.ini” file in your config folder.

• I’m curious how people with controllers will be able to stand against people with keyboard+mouse. I guess we’ll see.

• Worthless update.

Now fix the long loading times, flinch in release*, Knights still being the giant pussy class and remove MAA.

*=When you get hit and your tracers go all wonky causing your attack to fucking miss.

• Oh and autobalance. It’s nonexistant. “Please” fix.

• Fix the broken chase mechanic, increasing the speed but still have it inconsistent just killed hit and run tactics as well as any reliability of range for both attack and retreat. This single handed has wrecked this game and one “fix” that wasnt requested or needed.

• config ini files get overwritten each time the game is run :/

• ^oh yeah, great…… I finally got it reconfigure properly from the last update that trashed all my configs… guess another 2 hours of config and testing before I can play… again.

• Man isn’t saving backup configs great.

• I backed my latest settings up before it finished updating. must’ve had a premonition ;)

• PLS TB WHYYYYYY !
    i’ve been playing controller for years now and believe me the new config is bad, it really is, if you wanted to improve the old one you just needed to remove battlecry from D-pad left cause it was fucking up the crouch to dodge some times but thats all, and i’ve been spending hours to find the best binding for controller with xpadder so please go back to the old one or just make an option to chose between old one and new one cause if you got with that on console chivalry will fail terribly and im not joking, its unplayable !
    i manage to reach the top tier of player EU with the old binding so it is doable so please at least the option to chose between both !
    (i mean like c’mon stab on the stick ? atl attacks arent even necessary ive ben doing good without them so far and same button for feint and parry that make us press twice parry button to do FTP when keyboard/mouse just have to press parry to do them automaticly ! that is such a loss of time to do ftp in combat !)

• Good point actually, can we rebind controller controls?

• I already play with a 360 controller. Can you prevent this from messing up my setup? Thanks.

• Wait you can’t alter the controller controls? Not even with the ini files?

Thats hilarious. But it should of been completely expected lol.

• server browser is broken. You can’t right click on servers, position resets, it always shows the first server that you right clicked on.

• There is still no launcher appearing. I’m still having to open the steam client, go to library and then using the right click menu in order to play in 32bit, which is annoying. Oh and about that, why does 64bit mode have super-quiet audio? It’s been happening for ages, only seems to affect me and presumably at least a small amount of other people.

It’s like I have a different version of the game, especially when a couple maps (Bridge & Tavern) used to be unable to load for me and some other people a while ago, even after reinstalling the whole game… (at least that’s fixed now)

• thx for ruining my 2k hours of play time by redoing the controller layout with these shit configs ive played with controller since i started and i dont see how u think this layout can work at all its like u have zero thought put into how it would work playing against k&m users eg: how u gonna have toggle_duck on b key leaving your thumb off the thumb stick to lower your head to duck properly if u need help with good config hit me up cause u have a horrid layout as of now and if this is how its going to be when it come out for xbox good luck your player will have no skill and bitch and i certainly wont buy it

• fyi for controller users u can go redo the configs in the files still so u can put things where u want them will just take some time

• is anyone able to use borderless without taking a HUGE performance hit? Is it possible to get the same performance as full screen? I haven’t been able to figure that out. Would be great to do borderless but I can’t manage good performance. What is the secret?

• @koez1:

thx for ruining my 2k hours of play time by redoing the controller layout with these shit configs ive played with controller since i started and i dont see how u think this layout can work at all its like u have zero thought put into how it would work playing against k&m users eg: how u gonna have toggle_duck on b key leaving your thumb off the thumb stick to lower your head to duck properly if u need help with good config hit me up cause u have a horrid layout as of now and if this is how its going to be when it come out for xbox good luck your player will have no skill and bitch and i certainly wont buy it

Yeah the default layout is dumb i hope they dont use it when it comes out on consoles. Or i hope they let u customize the layout.I use controller also. What is your config just wondering. And what sensitivity do u use??

Mine is: A jump, B alt OH, X use, Y next weapon, LB stab, RB OH, LT parry/ feint, RT slash, Left thumstick sprint, Right thumstick shove, DPad: Up nothing, Down duck, Left play battle cry, Right alt swing. Sensitivity 1.75 but im trying out 201% now that they have the slider in the menu. The only thing i dont like about using controller is archer is really hard to play lol

• @Rickvs:

flinch in release*
    *=When you get hit and your tracers go all wonky causing your attack to fucking miss.

This is a very frustrating bug, whatever it is.