The Leveling System and HATS!

• Alright, I’m new to this and I’m sure there are other posts talking about the same thing, but WHAT THE **** IS UP WITH LEVELS!?

According to the devs, there is no limit… ok. According to the community, no one has made it to 90… ok. And according to personal experience, it gets insanely hard after level 20, and gets increasingly harder after every individual level. That little sliver of XP after a 15 minute match is so depressing I want to cry. I’m only a level 30 by the way, so all I got was a terrible hat that looks like the starting ones “silver”.

Now, I don’t know if this chart is true, but if it is, you need around 16,045,233 kills to reach 99. If that is true, then this is so unrealistic it’s insane.

http://pastebin.ca/2440808

The highest level I have seen in game is 60. The highest level I’ve SUPPOSEDLY seen on the internet so far is this “Ky Wild” person who posted an image when he/she SUPPOSEDLY reached level 80. I did not look into the case so it could be fake/photoshopped, comments were controversial.

NOTE: Again, this is probably fake, but until I KNOW it’s fake, I’m keeping it.

POST: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/19689-First-player-to-achieve-rank-80-and-obtain-the-secret-helmets

Other than these supposed Platinum and Diamond helms. The only CONFIRMED secret hats are:

Silver (Level 30)

Black (Level 40)

Gold (Level 50)

Pink (Level 60)

I’ll be honest when I say that my only drive in games are unlockables. That’s why I stopped playing DW after I got all classes to 25. So seeing possible unlockables at such an insanely difficult level to reach is killing me. And there might be even more on higher levels (if level 60 isn’t the cap after all). All I’m asking is if anyone has any kind of proof of “The Highest Level Hat” and what it is. Striving for something is one thing, but striving and not knowing when or where the struggle will end is just brutal for me.

Some non-level related hats (excluding DLC):

The Kickstarter Helmet for donating $150 (I REALLY wished I knew about Chivalry at the time, I’m a sucker for hats, would have done it).

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1711512107/chivalry-medieval-warfare

The Peasant Hat for winning the Emblem Contest (again, really wish I knew about Chivalry at the time).

Contest: https://www.facebook.com/Chivalrythegame/posts/577754365597575

The Beta Tester Hat for playing in the Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Beta (you get the idea by now).
    NOTE: This hat was REMOVED after the customization update.
    _

(no image available)
    _

That pretty much sums it up. Please give me further info on hats or any other unlockables that are “secret.” Like I said, they are the main thing that keep me pushing forward.

My Steam:

ID: gamerfreak126
    URL: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198036569973/

• @gamerfreak126:

Now, I don’t know if this chart is true, but if it is, you need around 16,045,233 kills to reach 99. If that is true, then this is so unrealistic it’s insane.

Yes it is correct. But nobody actually said that Chiv goes to rank 99. Whoever made that table just chose it as the upper limit arbitrarily.
    Currently pink helm is the final award. When somebody actually legitimately nears the next landmark maybe TB will add something new.

• Idk if you leave Your pc on at night but 324 hours in the last two weeks is a bit Extreme. As for the helmet I have 225 hours in chiv and currently sitting at lvl 39, With more than halfway of the xp-bar towards lvl 40 filled, so it does not seem to be that hard to Reach.
    To be honest I do mainly play FFA, it was the mode I did best on when I was noob, when on TO I just got rekt, and I have just stuck With it. Now I am gravitating to play more TO, once I grind out those few last kills for that sexy black helmet;)

• Ky Wild is rank 80 though, but the hats are fake, he also made a mod that increased his rank and that’s why mods or custom maps don’t give you any experience at all. Which is a good thing that he figured out, sadly TBS did a lazy fix again and people who enjoy mods got no real reason to play them if they also want to rank up.
    And really leveling starts geting harder at like rank 46/47, before that it’s a piece of a cake.

• There are only two “hidden” helmets that are missing from your list. Cartographer’s cap from map making contest, it’s a reskin of the peasant hat, and the polycount contest helmet, a wooden green round helmet modeled after the Polycount logo.

And the developer helmets/skins of course, you can get those by working at TBS.

• I hardly play anymore but seeing that xp bar almost reaching out and touching 49 is all that keeps me going. When I hit 49 I’ll probably quit because I can’t be arsed to keep grinding.

• @Oy:

I hardly play anymore but seeing that xp bar almost reaching out and touching 49 is all that keeps me going. When I hit 49 I’ll probably quit because I can’t be arsed to keep grinding.

worth grinding for gold sw4g hat

• @Rekrab:

worth grinding for gold sw4g hat

Eh, maybe, but rocking Antlers is still the high point of my play experience. Or peasant hat.

• If the sole reason for you to play this game is unlocking the next hat then I think you should move away from this game and go towards something like Team Fortress 2. It’s gonna take you forever to get to rank 50 (took me 965 hours, mostly on TO) and to get to 60 from 50 you need to more than double your entire kill count. The point of playing this game should be for the fun of getting better at defeating your opponents and not getting defeated. There are many ways to improve and almost always someone better than you to try to catch up to.

• One thing I don’t get is the sudden influx of level 60’s that I keep running into. Are these douchebags renting their own servers and bot farming? This is boggling my mind.

• i didnt even get to wear my swag gold hat for more than a couple days since i was bestowed the honor of wearing the peasant hat shortly after reaching rank 50

• What is your nick in the game?

• I don’t even wear my gold hat, prefer the standard vet helms. All a special helm does is make you more of a target for archers kek.

• I only use the gold helmet on My FFA archer, looks so purdy together with the green and yellow mason suit that I’m using. 2purdy4u