Torn Banner please fix my beloved poleaxe.

• This thread is long overdue, Its been far too long that my beloved poleaxe has terrible tracers since the handlehit “fix” where it phases through people at facehug range under certain conditions. The main problem is the turn rate cap on it, it literally has the worst freedom of movement, the weapon needs to have a less strict turn cap, its recovery times are also pretty horrific. Not that it needs a huge buff but lower recovery time and a smaller turn cap would be great.

big edit to prevent spread of misinformation

• Maul got the same turn rate as the poleaxe though.

• If thats the case why is it so much more beyond believably easy to turn with a maul?

• Typical spin to win metaknight post : muh beloved weapon can’t spin2win ;( endless tears

• I think turncap is higher on maul stab than pollaxe. Just give handle tracers back to it and gmace. You get double parried half the time on feints and it’s not like those weps were even that bad with handlehits…Ok maybe gmace was, but give it’s oh windup a .025 increase to compensate for handle return or something. It’ll be less retarded for trading but you can hit Shit with it more reliably.

• @Noobstomper:

If thats the case why is it so much more beyond believably easy to turn with a maul?

Maybe the release times on the maul oh bruh…dunno what else it’d be. Should still be increased on poleaxe so you can use it easier and it doesn’t feel so stiff

• make it 1shot maa, archer and 2shot knight

• @CRUSHED:

make it 1shot maa, archer and 2shot knight

Soo, dubaxe?

• All knight axes need this change. Un-fuck them pls TBS.

• pls make my poleaxe gud again

sow feels dirty in my hands

• Swords are for puny weaklings who need a thin sliver of metal to work for them. A return must be made to the weapons that show off our pecs, biceps, triceps, and more the best. Those weapons are not swords.

• Poleaxe can already 2 hit knights… But yeah the weapon control is awful please fix :( It’s nothing to do with spin2win I just don’t want to miss an easy Oh because my opponent side stepped 2ft to the left…

• Its not the best weapon for dragging left and right.

Thing is though when it hits it hurts. Its fine really. And many people complain about pole axe stabs being too good and hard to see coming.

• @lemonater47:

Its not the best weapon for dragging left and right.

Thing is though when it hits it hurts. Its fine really. And many people complain about pole axe stabs being too good and hard to see coming.

poleaxe stabs are ok its just that the windup to release animation doesnt really play so you get a lot of insta hits with it

• Its not even the spin to win factor, trust me I dont support spin2win, There is just such little control over the weapon and there should be more freedom.

• I’d say that the stab damage needs to be nerfed if the turncaps should be buffed.

• Every Knight primary has a retarded downside.

Dubaxe, Flail, Warhammer, Bearded Axe and even Grand Mace suffer from shit range that make it nearly impossible to hit a dancing opponent in a group fight. Hell, even people completely unaware of you just casually sprinting into 1 direction will occasionally not get hit because of some sort of bubble reappearance.

Poleaxe is one of the few weapons without that issue. People walk to the side instead of backwards to dogdge its attacks.

TLDR If you’re gonna increase the turnspeed on Poleaxe it’ll kinda outshine those other primaries so these should get some reach increase then.
    Poleaxe might be underpowered compared to the game’s global arsenal, but compared to the Knight arsenal, it could have been a hell of a lot shittier. Poleaxe isn’t in need of a buff any more than those other Knight primaries.
    IMO they even deserve higher priority.

• I’d say that the grandmace is on par with the poleaxe though, needs better dragablilities.

• @Xylvion:

I’d say that the stab damage needs to be nerfed if the turncaps should be buffed.

I can’t agree about nerfing the stab damage, it’s already only 12 more than a sword of war, and sword of war is much easier to land a stab and is a much better weapon overall.

However, I do agree currently poleaxe and grand mace are both on par with each other, but lack good drags and have lackluster feints

• Wut? if the poleaxe gets the same dragabilities that the SoW got it’s going to be so much better. SoW only got it’s stab, that’s it. Poleaxe got 3 viable attacks.