Torn Banner please fix my beloved poleaxe.

• Every Knight primary has a retarded downside.

Dubaxe, Flail, Warhammer, Bearded Axe and even Grand Mace suffer from shit range that make it nearly impossible to hit a dancing opponent in a group fight. Hell, even people completely unaware of you just casually sprinting into 1 direction will occasionally not get hit because of some sort of bubble reappearance.

Poleaxe is one of the few weapons without that issue. People walk to the side instead of backwards to dogdge its attacks.

TLDR If you’re gonna increase the turnspeed on Poleaxe it’ll kinda outshine those other primaries so these should get some reach increase then.
    Poleaxe might be underpowered compared to the game’s global arsenal, but compared to the Knight arsenal, it could have been a hell of a lot shittier. Poleaxe isn’t in need of a buff any more than those other Knight primaries.
    IMO they even deserve higher priority.

• I’d say that the grandmace is on par with the poleaxe though, needs better dragablilities.

• @Xylvion:

I’d say that the stab damage needs to be nerfed if the turncaps should be buffed.

I can’t agree about nerfing the stab damage, it’s already only 12 more than a sword of war, and sword of war is much easier to land a stab and is a much better weapon overall.

However, I do agree currently poleaxe and grand mace are both on par with each other, but lack good drags and have lackluster feints

• Wut? if the poleaxe gets the same dragabilities that the SoW got it’s going to be so much better. SoW only got it’s stab, that’s it. Poleaxe got 3 viable attacks.

• SoW is more viable in every situation than a poleaxe is currently, hence why we see many more messer/sow knights than poleaxe knights. poleaxe in its current form is just an enjoyable niche weapon with a lot of potential, but being held back by stupid turn cap and bad tracers on the overhead

• Am I alone in thinking that the stab tracer doesnt match the full length of the weapon? Time and time again I swear that I see it enter an opponents abdomen, but I whiff the stab.

I love the poleaxe and want to make it my main weapon. But it’s unreliable (at least in my hands).

I’ll stick with the longsword. :/

• the stab is bugged

• Poleaxe is good because it has an impossible to block broken buggy riposte stab

also, nothing should ever be done because noobstomper says it should, noobstomper, the guy that abused the heck out of bearded axe combo feint machinegun overhead flinch locks back when that was an issue.

• @Psyfon:

Poleaxe is good because it has an impossible to block broken buggy riposte stab

also, nothing should ever be done because noobstomper says it should, noobstomper, the guy that abused the heck out of bearded axe combo feint machinegun overhead flinch locks back when that was an issue.

humans seek to exploit their environment

nothing wrong here

• poleaxe is my favourite knight weapon. It’s fast, good range, and can reliably 2 hit kill and class in the game. You call that bad?

• It can’t two hit LMB vanguards.

Then again why use the maul if it could.

• why would LMB if you’re above level 12?

• @wyrda78:

why would LMB if you’re above level 12?

Left Messer Button is a very good attack if you know where and when to use it. Not LMBing ever is stupid, dumb and will get you killed.

Poleaxe LMB does slashing damage and is surprisingly fast. Good against MAA and archers.

• @Kreittis:

Left Messer Button is a very good attack if you know where and when to use it. Not LMBing ever is stupid, dumb and will get you killed.

Poleaxe LMB does slashing damage and is surprisingly fast. Good against MAA and archers.

I thought Jetstream and I proved that a couple of months ago when we wreckt people easily with only LMBs from all kinds of weapons, even brandi. LMB deals too much damage for how easy it is to land. imo it should be the weakest attack :L

• @Kreittis:

I know this, but Lemon’s post complaining that you can’t 2 hit vanguards with LMB was just silly.

I alt-LMB with the broadsword all day.

• the weapon hits too late in release with its overhead compared to weapons like dubaxe, it’s super easy to double parry if someone tries to follow up a feint with poleaxe overhead

• @zombojoe:

humans seek to exploit their environment

nothing wrong here

lol there kinda is

i think that’s why there’s this thing called… uhh… jail

• I was just saying. Especially with my 3 inches of mouse space.

• @Bighands:

lol there kinda is

i think that’s why there’s this thing called… uhh… jail

It’s all in the context bud. Exploiting video games is sad. Exploiting people is business.

• @Oy:

It’s all in the context bud. Exploiting video games is sad. Exploiting people is business.

and being exploited is all part of the plan