Please wait while the game loads

• What is up with this nowadays. Is this just server specific? I never used to have any problems connecting to a game server (at least back before the UI change).

Nowadays it is a crapshoot, sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

I kill off my steam process, restart CMW, sometimes that helps, right now it is not - can’t even connect to my own Simrai server (which pings from the cmd line as 50ms and shows up in the browser as 198).

Just don’t get it.

Oh now I am in.

Honestly if I had to guess I would say that something changed in how the code works for joining servers, perhaps when they fixed the crashes when server full, it is almost as if when 2 people are joining at the same time it locks up.

• Hmm I realize most people here play the forum not the game but surely someone else has noticed a difference since the last major patch… so much hanging and eventually gets in but frustrating.

• yawn so tiring

• Maybe its your Internet.

• Hey Greg,

I don’t get stuck there, but I get stuck in between map rotate/when game finish & goes to load into next map… I get stuck on the blue loading screen… sometimes sits there for about 5 minutes, other times just locks up… some times it loads straight away before anyone else an I’m sitting there for like 15-20 seconds before the next guy shows up as joined…

• @lemonater47:

Maybe its your Internet.

Go away troll.

• Take it how you want thing is no one is getting your problem. Not even on the steam forums.

• This happens sometimes, but just hitting cancel and trying again usually works.

• I get this all the time. Just don’t play bugger all anymore because I don’t have time to deal with silly bugs. Work 12 to 14 hour days and try to find time for a game with prehistoric bugs like this one which make you want to falcon punch a hole through your monitor. Bug fixes before features. Stop building a house on a broken foundation. That shit causes sink holes and sink holes kill people/cost money.

• I get this fairly often. Sometimes I can just cancel and try again, sometimes I have to restart Chiv. Sometimes when I cancel the server browser goes blank and I have to restart Chiv. I’ve also noticed the loading screen gets stuck more often now than before.

I’ve just accepted that it’s going to be this way.

• @Tyoson:

I get this all the time. Just don’t play bugger all anymore because I don’t have time to deal with silly bugs. Work 12 to 14 hour days and try to find time for a game with prehistoric bugs like this one which make you want to falcon punch a hole through your monitor. Bug fixes before features. Stop building a house on a broken foundation. That shit causes sink holes and sink holes kill people/cost money.

very good analogies tbh

agreed

• @zombojoe:

very good analogies tbh

agreed

Why are you not president yet? haha

I just tried to launch Chivalry and it exited steam instead. What?

• Are u still facing with this problem ? Cuz I am :(

• So I am pretty sure what this turned out to be was I setup a firewall, perhaps I added specific servers, perhaps I blocked UDP, don’t recall but disabling the firewall seems to have removed the issue.

• I find it only happens when I try to join a game that reaches capacity just before I join. For instance, it says 23/24, I try to join, it does this, cancel then refresh server browser and it says 24/24. Either that or it will go to the loading screen then take me back to the menu saying lost connection to host or some shit like that.

• Someone tell me why the previously custom, now official maps take 3 times longer to load than the old ones. K ty.

• @gregcau:

I never used to have any problems connecting to a game server (at least back before the UI change).

Lucky. I’ve had it forever.

• This happens to me only when trying to join a server that’s pretty full, most often when a spot just opened up. When the loading gets really long, it eventually fails and I attribute it to someone loading in faster than me and grabbing that open spot.

Other than that, doesn’t happen, though all map-to-map loading times have increased significantly for me (on Belmez I often load in and have already missed the first spawn wave) and general performance is a lot worse, but that’s been the case for going on a year now.

Ask Clayton, same rig as me pretty much and suddenly 120 FPS is hard to maintain on a lot of maps because of their “optimization” patch a long time ago.

• @lemonater47:

Take it how you want thing is no one is getting your problem. Not even on the steam forums.

I’ve seen this complaint.