Ok next laptop - recommendations?

• So I will need to purchase my next laptop (for business) and this time I am thinking I will make sure it is strong in the chivalry category. Usually I just customize to get a SSD, fast cpu and not much more.

If anyone has any experience with a business class laptop that can customize the upgrades (video card, gpu whatever) that can serve well as being a robust laptop (I do use a lot of wear and tear due to travel) and a solid gaming computer let me know what I should aim for (e.g. I can never figure out the video cards to get).

• alienware is pretty good

• @zombojoe:

alienware is pretty good

If you want to pay for brand, ayylienware is eager to take your money.

Nothing beats custom built computing machines thought.

• @zombojoe:

alienware is pretty good

Website seems to only want to give me a 13" screen

• @Kreittis:

If you want to pay for brand, ayylienware is eager to take your money.

Nothing beats custom built computing machines thought.

Well actually alienware laptops aren’t too costly at all. Their prices compete with other similar laptops anyway.

Its the alienware desktops which cost an arm and a leg just for the name.

• Alienware may be costly, but I think for gaming you will want a gaming laptop. For gaming, laptops have to be built specially designed to deal with heat, otherwise it’ll overheat, and the CPU clock speeds and such will have to be throttled back. The was a problem with my old Samsung laptop that had an i7-3610QM and 650M. Had to the laptop on stilts made of an eraser and a fan running air over it at max setting to cool it while I gamed.

• I recommend getting a desktop. Lugging it around with you on your travels will make you strong.

• Does CMW run on windows 8 - I am always leary of upgrading too early

• Not sure. I’m running 8 on mine but I don’t have chiv installed. Killing Floor, Garrysmod, Thief, Minecraft blah blah blah all run fine. Although chivalry is a different beast altogether.

• Well I play Cmw on windows 8 and 8.1. I was testing windows 8 developer previews before release.
    Its very good imo. My versions are now 64bit. Atm I have a windows 10 rig some were being tested.
    The best thing about w8 is it always gets the drivers right, without any fuss. It managed to setup a
    BFG 3 way sli board with no problems at all, were the drivers don’t exist as bfg went bankcrupt.

• @loin:

Well I play Cmw on windows 8 and 8.1. I was testing windows 8 developer previews before release.
    Its very good imo. My versions are now 64bit. Atm I have a windows 10 rig some were being tested.
    The best thing about w8 is it always gets the drivers right, without any fuss. It managed to setup a
    BFG 3 way sli board with no problems at all, were the drivers don’t exist as bfg went bankcrupt.

Why haven’t you gone bankrupt? Making all these computers all the time.

• because loin makes a lot of money since hes a savant