How do I unlock my FPS?

• I did some googling and I tried, I set it in both of the smooth areas

1. Go to Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config
    2. Open UDKEngine.ini
    3. Ctrl+F and typ “framerate”
    4. Set bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE (tried false and true)
    5. Set MinSmoothedFrameRate=0
    6. Set MaxSmoothedFrameRate=120
    7. Launch game, feel the smoothness

Turned off vsync

To no avail little help?

Will it even make things smoother with a 60 hz monitor?

• That’s the wrong bsmoothframerate.
    There’s 2 in the same config file, one that says 22 and 62 or something by default, change that to like 122/122.
    Then there’s another line called mindesiredframerate or something similar, increase that to 60 instead of 35 (as your monitor is only 60Hz)
    Other than that, yes 120 fps is a lot smoother with lower hz monitors, although I’ve only tried it with 75hz and not 60 so it might be the 15 difference that made it look smoother. But it should probably look slightly smoother for you.

• @Xylvion:

That’s the wrong bsmoothframerate.
    There’s 2 in the same config file, one that says 22 and 62 or something by default, change that to like 122/122.
    Then there’s another line called mindesiredframerate or something similar, increase that to 60 instead of 35 (as your monitor is only 60Hz)
    Other than that, yes 120 fps is a lot smoother with lower hz monitors, although I’ve only tried it with 75hz and not 60 so it might be the 15 difference that made it look smoother. But it should probably look slightly smoother for you.

Still stuck at 62, I set BOTH of the smooth areas to 120

MinDesiredFrameRate=60.000000

bSmoothFrameRate=True
    MinSmoothedFrameRate=120
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=120

bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE
    MinSmoothedFrameRate=120
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=120

• Make sure you exit steam first and make the file read only after the edit, but before you launch the game.

• @RavnosCC:

Make sure you exit steam first and make the file read only after the edit, but before you launch the game.

I exited steam, made sure everything is set as show above, resaved the files. Right clicked\properties read only. launched steam\game, 62 fps

p.s. I say files because there was no udkengine.udk in the config file so I copy pasted it from pc server\cooked, maybe I need to delete everything and reinstall the game idk.

• crap I had my steam folder in a diff location I was looking in the wrong place, reinstalled everything. working now