Played DW today

• say what you want about dw, it still has worse mechanics than MW…

however, guess what doesn’t happen.

you don’t get backswung every other hit, people don’t spin in circles constantly. Hit trades are a bit less prevalent but still there. swinging constantly is not the number 1 tactic.

and the healzzz, my god you can actually stay in a fight after being hit once by an archer because backing off for a bit actually allows you to stay in fights if you can manage to chill for a little while, instead of it being a better option to just die.

chase works to where you can still catch a runner but doesn’t have any nitrous involved, and you can escape grouped opponents and group fight better because you can kite easier.

It’s not perfect, neither is… but it certainly has some better things than mw.

MW is mechanically better having cftp and other necessary mechanics, but dw has some nice things too.

I think we should take the good from DW and implement into MW… because MW is a freaking mess right now.

for DW sake, pirates are a nightmare… what a horribe idea to give people actual shotguns

• When you ask anyone who actually plays DW properly what the weakest class is they’ll all say pirate.

• faster healing in CMW, and bring back forward chase pls

• Backswing Dory EU meta though, but no feints.
    What I like about DW is how smooth the animations are, sadly everything is like 20% faster than MW which ticks me off.

• who the fuck are you?

• DW is pretty fun game, imagine how it would be if it actually got patched for the better. And yeah, pirates UP.

• DW is 100 times more polished than MW, and it doesn’t even get patched. It’s a shame that it lacks some MW mechanics and a TO mode.

Pirates are not so powerful thanks to the healing mechanic, they only have 8 shots, with some strats you can shut them down. Shields work pretty well against them. They’re nothing in comparison to 0 penalty 100% accuracy + 25 ammo archers in MW, or javelins which are OP atm. It’s not possible to do anything about them without hampering your setup because TB has always pushed this stupid rock/papers/scissors playstyle. Anything is viable in DW.

Both games are not competitive so…hopefully TB can merge some ideas for a sequel, hopefully focusing on melee skills and reaction time instead of rock/paper/scissors gambling simulator cavemen bullshit

• I almost want to buy DW after watching your Clay’s stream last night, looks like it plays much smoother than MW currently.

• thats because they stopped patching it ^

• @Xanith:

I almost want to buy DW after watching your Clay’s stream last night, looks like it plays much smoother than MW currently.

it’s under 4 dollars, i’ll gift it to you if you want.

No TO is def my biggest issue with it, plus a lot of the attacks like slashes hit really fast which is something to get used to. Pirates are underpowered by themselves, but when they work with a team like most archers in MW do, they are very powerful. The blunderbuss is like… wait until they get hit once and then kaboom boom shoop baby shoop time. Plus they can do that thing where they hit you with an attack, pull out the gun, and shoot you point blank before you can do anything, that’s pretty awesome tactic.

the range game like i said is an issue to not having cftp… you can wait until people swing and miss to get free hits which is pretty caveman if you ask me.

i just decided to play it yesterday for fun, and it was fun at least that. It’s got some really big differences from mw that i like. I really am just getting tired of this new meta in MW, all of a sudden anyone is good now because i think it takes less thought to swing all the time and spin constantly than it does to need to make decisions more. As far as i know, dw doesn’t have any 1 shot weapons either.

stamina recovery is also MUCH faster, and when you get stun locked… you don’t get stuck there for eternity and can still defend yourself.

can read feints better too, better animations.

• Thank you for the gift based Clay! <3

• Clay, please either enable past broadcasts on stream in EU time.

• @Kreittis:

Clay, please either enable past broadcasts on stream in EU time.

past broadcast is on m8

• never before did i think DW would end up having better mechanics than CMW

how the mighty have fallen

• So all you critics really didn’t play the game that much.

All it needs is CFtP.

Jump kicks would be nice also.

• DW is pretty fun so far but holy shit, that movement speed makes every weapon have insane ghost range. I keep dying because I don’t parry people who look like they’re not in range but the MaA footspeed makes them hit me every time.

• @Xanith:

DW is pretty fun so far but holy shit, that movement speed makes every weapon have insane ghost range. I keep dying because I don’t parry people who look like they’re not in range but the MaA footspeed makes them hit me every time.

nonono Knight got MaA footspeed++, the rest are a lot faster.

@Lemon
    I played this shit for like 60 hours or so, Not only does it need CftP but the ridicolously large bubble needs to be smaller, the weapons needs to be slower, the foot speeds needs to be slower. After that the TO maps could be ported and DW could actually be populated, because it is so much smoother than MW but just too fast to be fun.

• @Xylvion:

nonono Knight got MaA footspeed++, the rest are a lot faster.

@Lemon
    I played this shit for like 60 hours or so, Not only does it need CftP but the ridicolously large bubble needs to be smaller, the weapons needs to be slower, the foot speeds needs to be slower. After that the TO maps could be ported and DW could actually be populated, because it is so much smoother than MW but just too fast to be fun.

DWs bubble has always been smaller than MWs bubble lol. In fact now they are the same size pretty much.

The majority of people who play DW think MW is too slow.

• @50ShadesofClay:

past broadcast is on m8

Strange, at first they didn’t show up so I assumed that you turned them off after the, uh, “incident” but now they seem to work again.

As an apology, I’d like to share my DW experience.

• B-but feint is noob…