Melee: Battlegrounds

• @CRUSHED:

Combat looks terrible lol

Gee, I wonder why? Maybe because the game is looking for funding on Kickstarter and is most likely in pre-Alpha.

Oh, and look who I found on their concept art!

Fucking Masons

• I see the vanguard in there.

• M&B combat is a giant no go for me.

• I think the most interesting aspects are the base building and massive multiplayer battles, proper sieges and such. Plus, yeah, it’s in alpha. Of course it’s gonna look rough. Combat looks fine to me. They have basic attacks and ripostes in there, it’s just the animations that look kinda wonky.

• Animations are definitely gonna be worked on, since their development chart says they are just 55% done:

• I would not worry about the combat system. They say that the combat is one of their main focusses. And pretty sure those guys know what they are doing, considering their many years experiance in balancing multiplayer close combat in their cRPG mod of M&B.
    Its also one of the main reasons for making their own game engine; to improve on it and make it even more addictive and skilled.

I would love to see what they can do with their own engine. Thats why i backed my few bucks and i dont think that i will regret it :)

• Its not about animations but combat system.

• I don’t know how relevant this game will be compared to M&B Bannerlord, Chivalry and The Slashering. But I liked to see a passionate team of indie devs so I donated a bit.

• @CRUSHED:

Its not about animations but combat system.

worst game if it has autobl0ck

honestly if it can do 200v200 stable battles and formations actually provide an advantage over barbarian style swarming that should be good enough for almost anyone

• Actually this looks amazing, exactly like the sort of games that I fantasise about making myself. For example the Stronghold game-mode, a mix of strategy and action, like Age of Empires except you’re one of the individual soldiers, and you have to go and capture resources, build your own fortifications or raid or siege the enemy’s. Or go and ambush the enemies’ resource caravans while they’re bringing it back to their base. $150 pledged. Wish I had more money.

• @wyrda78:

Actually this looks amazing, exactly like the sort of games that I fantasise about making myself. For example the Stronghold game-mode, a mix of strategy and action, like Age of Empires except you’re one of the individual soldiers, and you have to go and capture resources, build your own fortifications or raid or siege the enemy’s. Or go and ambush the enemies’ resource caravans while they’re bringing it back to their base. $150 pledged. Wish I had more money.

Wow, nice! And I agree! Watching these guys it feels very similar to how Chivalry started out. Just a bunch of people coming together to make something awesome. I donated some as well. Here’s to hoping it turns out well.

• I first saw this on the total war forums. And its popular with total war fans it seems.

Though many of them haven’t actually seen any medieval combat game.

• @lemonater47:

I first saw this on the total war forums. And its popular with total war fans it seems.

Though many of them haven’t actually seen any medieval combat game.

well they all want to be leading all those armies in the RTS mode

wait till you see their disappointment

• that doesnt look good tbh

• very nice, but slasher’s combat takes a huge dump on this tbh

still tis a welcome improvement over M&B, but as a wise man once said, its not hard to improve on bullshit

• I think chivalry has spoiled me with its combat. That video looks awful.

• I have to agree, nothing here looks new or innovative. Comparing Chiv, Slasher, and this; Melee: Battlegrounds doesn’t excite me.

• Looks rigid as fuck, think I’ll pass on this one.

• Well duh, it’s pre-alpha! :P I don’t know how perfect Chivalry combat system looked in pre-alpha.

And what is this Slasher everyone is talking about? I can’t find anything about it on google or youtube.