Melee: Battlegrounds

• Slasher showed that bad combat in pre alpha is no excuse

• @CRUSHED:

Slasher showed that bad combat in pre alpha is no excuse

AKA building on a bad foundation is a terrible idea.

• @Kreittis:

AKA building on a bad foundation is a terrible idea.

But its alpha!

• I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; needs moar bears.

• This game sounds interesting !
    But really, is a +500 players on a map with a physic driven combat with no fps drop nor high latency game, doable with the actual tech and conexion ?

• I dunno. Total war rome 2 can handle an entire city being destroyed in an instant. Modify a units throwable to be explosive and set the radius and damage to 99999 as well as upping the force and you have thousands of physics based objects as the city is destroyed by the shockwave in about 3 seconds. Building and wall fragments that interact with each other. The thousands of men standing on the wall flying through the air. All their gear which are seperate physics objects. Literally thousands of things flaying around from one explosions. Its an instant 60 to 40 drop in FPS but with the amount of shit going on its pretty amazing.

As long as there’s no fire. That game doesn’t handle smoke and particle effects very well lol. But thousands of physics based objects that all react with other physics objects it can handle fine.

• Yeah, true. However I’m not sure that it’s the same if all units are players, and that every movement of the weapons have to be calculated in real time, with enough fluidity to be readable… well we’ll see :)
    Anyway it looks very promising.