The old alt swing nerf

• Back in Chivalry’s worst hours namely the June 2013 patch we got this random nerf to alt swings

Alt swings have a .1 longer windup.

Back in the day you could actually open with an alt attack without fuelling the hittradeengine.

Now there is only one correct way to do alt attacks and that is to combo into them. This is one of the factors that has made parring so easy.

Back then we didn’t have a bubble alt slashes where realy good because you have to block with a 180° turn
    but now they are fine and dont deserf to be worse then their counterpart

• I use alt attacks all the time, that extra 0.1 seconds can either throw the opponent off guard or my attack reaches longer than with a regular attack.

• @Xylvion:

I use alt attacks all the time, that extra 0.1 seconds can either throw the opponent off guard or my attack reaches longer than with a regular attack.

This, alt attacks are good panic fuel

• The current alt attacks are fine.

They were nerfed because alt attacks were faster than normal so there were no reason to not use alt attacks. Current alt attacks can be used to extend range as said above and they obviously come from different side than the normal attacks. No reason to buff them.

• Nice try funnyhead.

• Are you intentionally being retarded or does it come naturally?

It was a band aid fix to nerf alt swings because there were massive timing inconsistencies with alt swings (because they just took the combo animation I believe) across all weapons, some were insanely fast. Rather than mirror the attack and have exact timings they just randomly added 0.1 on.

Were you even playing the game when that patch came out?

• Remember pre-nerf hatchet alt overheads? I don’t want that back.

• March 29, 2013 - CU1 Patch 1:

-Updated some alt swing animations to be consistent with normal swings throughout the entire release.

I dont consider the current alt swing animations as broken, i think that you can clearly see what is going on.
    Also i wouldnt say they were faster than their counterpart but its a fact that an alt slash starts in a position closer to the enemy and hence hits earlier in the realse than a normal swing would
    But we are allready in backswing meta there anything hits with the first tracer.
    So give me your opinion whether the you think that alt swings with current animation would be fine without the speed nerf

• @Xanith:

Remember pre-nerf hatchet alt overheads? I don’t want that back.

This was then there was no bubble and before the 0,4 minimumm windup nerf.
    It was an amazing time back then with dodgeattack/combododge
    But currently Hatchet is the second worst weapon in the game just a little better than flails and no illusions it wont get better from this

• I don’t really consider it a nerf. Since it has a different timing you can throw off opponents.

• Alt swings are the least of Chivalry’s problems.

• i use alt swings to drag the warhammer

• @dudeface:

Alt swings are the least of Chivalry’s problems.

Unless you count that alt riposte that lacks windup animation when you cftp. Big problem

• would be nice for some weapons if alt was the SAME speed, swords for example, would completely change the lookdown overhead game, now you could guess which side the smash is coming from. Old alt swings were faster, why do you think everyone bound primary to alt swings at one time? Band aid fix is right.

that .1 is nice to have for the maul - more hangtime

• I use alt overheads to drag shortsword, just cause it’s fun.

• @Xylvion:

I use alt overheads to drag shortsword, just cause it’s fun.

^its amazing for fast one handers.