Instigator Set

• Hello :smilet-digitalpoint

I made the instigator set for the Polycount Arms & Armor competition. I did not won but hopefully you guys will like it anyways:

Workshop link

• The helmet looks really blocky

• Very sexy renaissance-ish!

• @Zombojoe The helmet looks edgy because the poly count budget specification is really low in comparison to the sword.
    Sword triangle limit: 5000
    Helmet triangle limit: 1200

My entry helmet was all about round shapes and I fought every single triangle to fit the budget and still get some shape variety.
    Also, you are seeing it on a sort of high resolution zoomed image but I promise it’s harder to notice ingame.

helmet wires:

@SavageBeatings Thanks!!! I love the late medieval and early renaissance style for chivalry

• only 1200 lolwut?

that cant possibly be right

• @zombojoe:

only 1200 lolwut?

that cant possibly be right

All helmets were restricted to that. I did a noobish try at making a helmet for the contest as well, was hard to keep it below 1200.

• how is it that a shortsword can be 2000 poly but a helmet which is infinitely more detailed has to be lower?

TBS pls

• Because you see a weapon model up close and fairly static (while not swinging) all the time, helmets you mostly only see from a distance and they are always in movement so a the higher detail is wasted. That said I do feel the helmet limit is a bit too restrictive but I haven’t done any sort of performance budgeting to justify it.