2 Easy steps to fix all Archer Problems

• I don’t see why you shouldn’t keep on working with balancing the game? It’s not some abstract concept or ritual. Its about looking at competitive game and try to spot very weak or overpowered and exploitive gameplay aspects.

Look at a game like CS. It’s not like they just stopped changing weapon damage etc. after 1.0. I guess it’s quite normal for games to have several weak spots / not working concepts when they are released, especially when it comes to multiplayer.

On topic though, I’m pretty sure that some tweaks will be made to the ranged classes, also since this thread is not the first stating this particular “problem”.

• @DeminRamst:

@faltion:

you cannot block while reloading the javelin, which just cries, “kill me please!” I wouldn’t care if it restarted the reload animation if you block, just let me block.

Switch weapons after a javelin throw, unless not in danger. Not knowing this makes you a bad javelineer, not the class bad.

While I am a bad javelineer, I do know to do this and do it often, but I think it’s sort of exploiting the system. You can switch to a secondary and then back to the javelin and throw it faster than if you waited for it to reload.

• @StiffWood:

I don’t see why you shouldn’t keep on working with balancing the game? It’s not some abstract concept or ritual. Its about looking at competitive game and try to spot very weak or overpowered and exploitive gameplay aspects.

Look at a game like CS. It’s not like they just stopped changing weapon damage etc. after 1.0. I guess it’s quite normal for games to have several weak spots / not working concepts when they are released, especially when it comes to multiplayer.

Actuall balance is fine, but games these days don’t seem to tweak a weapon here and there… they change EVERYTHING. n00b whine is often misinterpreted as viable feedback and the developer makes adjustments to the game based on the lowest common denominator.

I’m not saying REAL balancing problems shouldn’t be fixed if they are encountered. But trying to distinguish which problems are real and just bandwagon OP mentality seems to throw a lot of developers for a loop.

Plus, I just don’t want to play a game that’s constantly flip flopping all its weapon stats around. It’s like playing a chess game where the pieces randomly get new moves and different restrictions.

• Increase the velocity speed? The arrow feel slow to me. :(

I did go to archery in reality through

• @EricFong:

Increase the velocity speed?

It’s not a gun. I think it’s a semi accurate speed to a real bow (really depending on the bow though).

• @Jake:

@EricFong:

Increase the velocity speed?

It’s not a gun. I think it’s a semi accurate speed to a real bow (really depending on the bow though).

Honestly, its not semi accurate, have you ever shot a bow? Especially long distances, yes different poundage does make a difference, but still this feels very slow, especially since its as precise as it is people move really fast, so by the time i shoot even ahead of the player, they are gone… In real life they would have a dam arrow in their face.

• If they made them faster, it would have to cause less damage because otherwise it would upset the balance of the game. They made them slow so you can predict what your opponents doing, and shoot based on that. This game is all about skill

• I’m still only in support of faster projectiles with a significant drop in damage, bumping up headshot multipliers in the process. Making any aspect of the game easier without adjusting the skill ceiling as well is just going to make it less competitive.

• @SlyGoat:

I’m still only in support of faster projectiles with a significant drop in damage, bumping up headshot multipliers in the process. Making any aspect of the game easier without adjusting the skill ceiling as well is just going to make it less competitive.

Increased projectile velocity is really i ask for the bows too :). They could use new animations and sounds though. Do not really like the current ones.

• @EricFong:

Increase the velocity speed? The arrow feel slow to me. :(

I did go to archery in reality through

As an archer irl, I think what needs to be done is to slow down the draw speed for archers and crank speed for crossbows. Archers are making easy kills by shooting a guy from 10 feet away, then drawing and shooting him as he charges in before he can connect. Or, worse, they sprint away, turn draw and fire all in a blink of an eye while their opponent is still running after them.

But once again this is only a small irritant and my own opinion. If the majority think ranged combat is fine as is I bow to this. My rule for Chiv as always is not to change (read : nerf) anything to support whiners that may destroy the great gameplay.

• I would like to be able to toggle the arrow cam so that it is always on or always off.