Bring back flinch in release already

• Now I’m really interested in trying the mod out. I’ve gotta try to get some scrims going with the mod enabled to really test it out. Has anyone done this yet?

• I will update the mod very soon with a needed bugfix (forgot something in javs and now they bug out but ez fix) so once that update is out the mod is ready for competitive for good

i didnt scrim on it yet but we just played like 7 maps TO with 24 comp players and its amazing

• @CRUSHED:

Health regen doesnt get increased from crouching. Stamina crouch regen is just there as option, noone has to do it, when you do it, everyone sees you are low on stamina and you are a super easy target for archers & throwables. The boost also isnt that big

Dodge is removed from MAA. FHF is a huge buff for them and MAA right now is extremely good in 2v1 keeping the enemy under control with supporting flinches etc.

Can i have your caveman babies?

Nice mod, the game felt like it was closer to its true potential…getting rid of casual/unbalanced mechanics like dodge, trades. It’s better to have FHF when so many weapons can 1-2 shot and drain your stamina fast.

Pickaxe is fun as hell.

• @ashvins:

Can i have your caveman babies?

Nice mod, the game felt like it was closer to its true potential…getting rid of casual/unbalanced mechanics like hit trades and dodge.

Pickaxe is fun as hell.

I’m glad you liked it I updated it today and its more balanced & even better with the new minimum windups

I think most people will think dodge removal is an overnerf but MAA is much better now actually compared to vanilla chiv but in a more skill based way. Instead of being an easy mode class with a crutch mechanic its much more skill based and u can pull more stuff off now

I removed the 2 new weapons for now because alot of people thought this was a joke mod bcause of them but i actually want people to scrim on it and try it ;) maybe i will readd them at some point later

I just love the new possibilities for big plays, i love how low hp isnt a death sentence anymore, in vanilla once you have low hp in a scrim anyone will just trade you for an ez kill but here you can actually clutch 2 people or so with 1 hp haha

• Exactly, having low hp is terrible because anyone can finish you off with a hit trade or get you to low HP with a trade. People say you have to cftp, but good luck doing that against weapons that drain all your stamina after 3 swings, at that point you can’t evade a trade. Then you have to deal with archers, firepots and slow HP regen, it’s extremely frustrating for the wrong reasons. That’s why i’m bitching so much about certain mechanics that in my opinion limit the skill ceiling. Your mod fixes most issues and i can’t wait to scrim with the mod.

• but MAA is much better now actually compared to vanilla chiv but in a more skill based way. Instead of being an easy mode class with a crutch mechanic its much more skill based and u can pull more stuff off now

You make me chuckle everytime, buff the movement speed a bit and then why not.

• maa will be balanced once you add workhammer
    pls

• @Edmund:

Did you try the FHF mod yourself? Rumpel was extremely useful without dodge, he just kept flinching and assisting with the Morning Star and it was very hard to decide which one to attack in 1vs2+. The footspeed was fast enough to let him flank you and force you into turning 180 to stay alive.

I agree with him that one-shotting MAAs should probably be removed now since you can’t teleport out of the way anymore.

• @Fang:

Did you try the FHF mod yourself? Rumpel was extremely useful without dodge, he just kept flinching and assisting with the Morning Star and it was very hard to decide which one to attack in 1vs2+. The footspeed was fast enough to let him flank you and force you into turning 180 to stay alive.

I agree with him that one-shotting MAAs should probably be removed now since you can’t teleport out of the way anymore.

wtf tb i’m an maa player and even i say make this mod live.

fook clashing just make this mod live. it’s amazing.

• i just fear that a knights with morningstar will allways be stronger than MAA with the same weapon.
    Knights cant be one shoot by archers you know and with the lack of dodge compaired to the other classes there is no difference in MAA ability to evade projectiles.

• They’re faster tho

• @Edmund:

Rumpel was topping the scoreboard without the dodge and current movement values, and said it plays just fine, except getting killed in one hit.

It’s arguable though.

• @Butcher_:

Rumpel was topping the scoreboard without the dodge and current movement values, and said it plays just fine, except getting killed in one hit.

It’s arguable though.

it was nice cutting his head off repeatedly after switching to messer. damn morning star stabs can suck my blade

i didn’t even notice dodge was gone, maa was still powerful.

• I think it’s a good idea to remove dodge, that way people can use footwork instead of teleportation magic.

• @50ShadesofClay:

it was nice cutting his head off repeatedly after switching to messer. damn morning star stabs can suck my blade

i didn’t even notice dodge was gone, maa was still powerful.

maa has never needed dodge

ppl always complain about archer melee and all that is an incredibly inferior version of MAA melee

• The ninja dodge in DW is a lot more balanced than the MaA dodge because it’s actually a DODGE, not a teleport. Really though, MaA footspeed compensates for lack of dodge, I hardly use it when I play MaA unless I’m fighting another MaA, then it just turns into a teleport war.

• Yay! MAA no longer a wizard class.

• I don’t care about dodge being gone at all. However, if we want TBS to inherit this mod’s changes, we still have to consider that TBS probably won’t ever remove dodge, but they may be more than willing to nerf it to reasonable levels (more than just nerfing its stamina values).

I’m guessing addig ninja roll for MAA is hard due to lacking animations? But it would be sweet, a badly placed ninja roll gets you punished because they’re a bit laggy. If you anticipate one, you truly can just sprint and chase the roll and hit them or, if you’re too slow on the swing, feint or force a parry. They can’t be used offensively because they’re slower and have long durations. It’s actually a dodge. No dodge-in-parry with DW ninjas either, I think.

• ^Nope, a badly-used roll is the easiest way to die as a ninja and the easiest way to defeat a good ninja is to anticipate his roll. With teleport spam a barely competent player can defeat a moderately skilled player half the time, whereas if they were both Knight or VG the ratio would be far different. Even doing good with Archer takes more practice than being good with MaA dodge.

• @a:

I don’t care about dodge being gone at all. However, if we want TBS to inherit this mod’s changes, we still have to consider that TBS probably won’t ever remove dodge, but they may be more than willing to nerf it to reasonable levels (more than just nerfing its stamina values).

I’m guessing addig ninja roll for MAA is hard due to lacking animations? But it would be sweet, a badly placed ninja roll gets you punished because they’re a bit laggy. If you anticipate one, you truly can just sprint and chase the roll and hit them or, if you’re too slow on the swing, feint or force a parry. They can’t be used offensively because they’re slower and have long durations. It’s actually a dodge. No dodge-in-parry with DW ninjas either, I think.

The reason for dodge removal is pretty simple, its not because I think its unbalanced, the way dodge is right now just doesnt work with FHF. You could dodge out of attacks and then flinch knights/vanguards without them having a chance to FTP an attack so basically every good backdodge would be a freehit.

Unless I can find a way to fix this with for example, removing their ability to attack for a second after dodge, its best to just remove it and find more skill based solutions to improve MAA. FHF is a huge buff for them because the biggest fear of maa is gone (getting traded when going in for a hit that should flinch)

its more about decision making and positioning now, you cant get caught in these situations where its 1v5 anymore and escape easily