Play for free weekend crowd is rotten-they broke vote kicking

• 20% team damage
    74 ping

Gets kicked. What?

I was playing in a server and this archer started shooting arrows at me. He was a low ranker like many of the garbage people brought in from the play for free deal.

So, I initiate a vote kick. And his blue smurf friend tells me to stop vote spamming. I voted once. Then after dealing with another dude shooting arrows at me, the smurf vote kicks me. At least I got to kill that 1 archer from before.

This sort of stuff shouldn’t be going on. Fix this or at this rate, I’m not going to be able to play. I’ll have teammates spawn killing me and when I defend myself I’ll get vote kicked.

These low life forms also outnumber us, which means they can kick players of higher rank.

• Not like that’s any news to rage about. People are assholes.
    Just play on a server with some of your steam friends.

And 20% is actually pretty much, that’s like every 5th attack. I’d kick that if I didn’t know the background.
    Better stock up your dealt damage before attacking nubmates.

• I votekick anyone with 10% or many team damage. The only exception when they fought back against a teamkiller. 74 ping is too much also.

• 20% teamdamage is a lot. If a person got more than 5% teamdamage and 20 kills then they have hit way too many friendlies as well and I’d prefer to get rid of them. Sometimes I can let people with 70% or so go as well as they perhaps accidentaly hit a team mate at the start or something similar.

@Nere. It’s more than every 5th attack on most servers, simply because teamdamage is usually 50% not 100%.

• @wyrda78:

I votekick anyone with 10% or many team damage. The only exception when they fought back against a teamkiller. 74 ping is too much also.

74ping is too much? What? Are you occupied all day with votekicking?

• Against someone with 74 ping I can dodge backwards and still get decapitated by their zweihander. And ping more than 60 is too much.

• @wyrda78:

Against someone with 74 ping I can dodge backwards and still get decapitated by their zweihander. And ping more than 60 is too much.

74 ping is quite manageable. A zwei has pretty good range, so if your opponent is close enough you won’t be able to back dodge out of it.

20% team damage would definitely cause me to raise an eyebrow, but in any case this kind of thing just happens. The best thing you can do is not engage the trolls and they will likely go away. If they don’t, then find a new server.

• @lejosh:

74 ping is quite manageable. A zwei has pretty good range, so if your opponent is close enough you won’t be able to back dodge out of it.

I’m not stupid. High ping seems to give an invisible extension to their weapon models.

• You can catch up to people who are back dodging with shortsword if you just know when to start your attack, not that hard really.

But I agree 74 ping is bad. mine is usually between 48-88 depending on the server location/population.
    When I’m at 48-56ish almost everything is fine. Above 70 everything is just desynced, in between 56-70 weird shit starts happening and above 70 I’d be better off not playing on the server. Above 80 it’s basically impossible to see ripostes or read feints (Still possible, just a lot harder).

• @INerevar:

Not like that’s any news to rage about. People are assholes.
    Just play on a server with some of your steam friends.

And 20% is actually pretty much, that’s like every 5th attack. I’d kick that if I didn’t know the background.
    Better stock up your dealt damage before attacking nubmates.

on 50% td server its actually 40% of your attacks that hit team members. td that is registered doesnt change when the actual team dmg is changed i believe, im not sure about this though.

• @J-D:

on 50% td server its actually 40% of your attacks that hit team members. td that is registered doesnt change when the actual team dmg is changed i believe, im not sure about this though.

I already posted that earlier, plz :<

• @wyrda78:

I’m not stupid. High ping seems to give an invisible extension to their weapon models.

I wasn’t implying that you’re stupid. I know what you mean, though. In your screen it looks like you dodge out far enough but get hit anyway.

• @Xylvion:

I already posted that earlier, plz :<

what does that change?

• @Userper:

what does that change?

The course of the whole universe mate.

• It is amazing how ping is such a factor with this game. Too low ping 20 or less and everyone else is laggin behind. 30-50 seems optimum, 60-90 it just gets hard to play as you are now lagged, 100+ is simply retarded and annoying to fight against and often will get a shit ton of kills because they are desynced or lagging like crazy and impossible to hit.

I have looked into all types of network setting tweaks, settings, UDK lag compensation and have found nothing that helps. SO I usually just play on my own server because I have a high ping kicker that kicks @120 and I can admin and kick those that abuse voting of any kind.

• On the free weekend everyone here decided to populate the 100%FF server. Bunch of rank 0’s on 100%FF was interesting to say the least….

• What’s annoying is that people votekick for no reason other than frustration a lot of the times. I assume they play in groups on some kind of voip and target people. Pick archer and get too many kills? Going to get votekicked. A little too good with a sword? Expect to be votekicked. Keeps happening to me and it’s frustrating.

although i do spam voice commands cause they’re hilarious

• @Ready:

On the free weekend everyone here decided to populate the 100%FF server. Bunch of rank 0’s on 100%FF was interesting to say the least….

It it was pretty hilarious.

I joined the fray and just rocked the maul. Though it was 20 seconds for each one shot kill overhead teamkill.

• @lemonater47:

Though it was 20 seconds for each one shot kill overhead teamkill.

This is why I never help you in fights haha.