Mercs

• This mod makes Chivalry a more skill based, consistent & more fun game. Combat is deadlier, harder & less random. This mods only goal is to improve Chivalry’s gameplay mechanics & balance wise and make it an overall more fun and less frustrating experience for competitive & casual players.

**Workshop link

**http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=346926111

**Donate

**http://swordfightingonline.com/donate-to-mercs-mod/

MERCS is now open source! I’d appreciate it if you would give credits when you modify it or use it somewhere.

Download link MERCS 1.92 Source: http://uploaded.net/file/qmonnkxp

**Current Features

First Hit Flinch - you can now flinch releases: hit trades are greatly reduced

Handle Tracer Rework - several weapons have handle hits but only from the tip to the halfway point

Health Regen - 2x when standing still, regular speed when walking

Archer Projectiles - flinch players but do less damage to knight, vanguard, and maa classes

Archer Ammo Reduction - Light XBow: 15, Reg Xbow: 12, Heavy: 10

Vanguard Charge Attack - disabled

Several other timing and damage changes to almost all weapons.

**UPDATE 1.92

[b][size]
    [/size][/b]Mercs Update 1.92 Released

Changelog:

-Fixed some weapon skins not working
    -Fixed light crossbow and heavy crossbow flinch not working
    -Flails are now secondary knight weapons
    -Light crossbow now has 15 ammo
    -Crossbow now has 12 ammo
    -Heavy crossbow now has 10 ammo
    -Messer slash windup reduced to .525 (from .55) and Messer overhead windup reduced to .575 (from .6)
    -Billhook stab windup increased by .025
    -Bearded axe slash parry drain increased by 2
    -Poleaxe slash windup reduced by .025
    -Norse overhead combo slowed down by .025
    -Added 4 new skins - you can find them as "clone" weapons in the weapon loadout

Sword of war (Cold Fury) (Credits: Oilystool)
    Messer (Savage Reaver)
    Poleaxe (The Warbringer)
    Fork (Peasants pricker)

**UPDATE 1.87

[b][size]
    [/size][/b][color][font]Mercs 1.87 Update is released! Update your servers[/font][/color]

[b]Keep in mind the changes are still WIP
    [/b]

Changelog:

-Lowered SoW Stab windup down to 0.625
    -Raised Billhook Stab windup up to 0.625
    -Slowed down Poleaxe slash to 0.525, increased Poleaxe turnspeed to 53.000, increased Poleaxe OH & Slash Release to 0.55
    -Reduced Throwing Axe damage to 50
    -Reduced Throwing Knife damage to 32
    -Flail OH,Slash and stab combo faster by 0.25
    -Heavy Flail OH,Slash and stab combo faster by 0.25
    -Added new Knight weapon: Poleaxe 2 - its the poleaxe just with a new updated skin, identical stats
    -Poleaxe now has vanilla skin again

UPDATE 1.86

[color][font][font]Mercs 1.86 Update is released! Update your servers[/font][/font][/color]

[b]Keep in mind the changes are still WIP and will most likely receive some tweaks
    [/b]

[font]Changelog:[/font]

[font]-Grandmace OH damage reduced to 113[/font]
    [font]-Polehammer OH damage reduced to 113[/font]
    [font]-Poleaxe values reverted to vanilla except for stab windup[/font]
    [font]-Dane Axe swing damage reduced to 90[/font]
    [font]-Bardiche OH windup increased to .6[/font]
    [font]-Norse to-OH combos speed up to .6[/font]
    [font]-Brought back new feint lockouts for two handed swords and spear type weapons[/font]
    [font]-Something about the poleaxe[/font]

```**UPDATE 1.85**

[b]Keep in mind the changes are still WIP and will most likely receive some tweaks

[color]Changelog:[/color]

[b]Claymore [color]- Overhead to .525, Slash to .525, Stab to .65, Slash base damage increased to 75, Overhead base damage to 80. Stab base damage to 70[/color]

[b]Greatsword[color] - Slash base damage to 85, Overhead windup to .55[/color]

[b]Billhook [color]- Stab to OH combo slower by .25[/color]

[b]Bardiche [color]- Slash damage type to Cut, Overhead damage type to Chop, Slash base damage to 110, Overhead base damage to 95[/color]

[b]Spear - [color].525 windup on LMB, .65 windup on Upper Stab[/color]

[b]Brandi -[color] .65 windup on Upper Stab[/color]

[b]Fork -[color] Thrust windup to .675, Stab windup to .6, Slash windup to .5, Thrust base damage to 65, Stab base damage to 55[/color]

[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][center][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]Polehammer -[color] Overhead base damage to 115, Stab base damage to 65[/color][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/center]

Mercs 1.8 Update is released! Update your servers

[b]Keep in mind the changes are still WIP and will most likely receive some tweaks[/b]

Changelog:

Minimum Stab windup to .5
    Man at arms blunt resistance buffed to .65

Longsword: Overhead windup .55, Slash windup .525, Stab windup .65, Slash Base Damage to 80

Sword of War: Overhead windup .525, Slash windup .525, Stab windup .65

Messer: Slash windup to .55

Dub Axe: Overhead base damage to 123, Overhead release to .6, Turn speed buffed to 53,000 (Same as buffed Bearded Axe)

Pole Axe: Stab windup to .65, Overhead and slash release to .55, Stab release to .5, Turn speed buffed to 53,000

Warhammer: Overhead windup to .5

Grand Mace: Overhead windup to .575, Combo times buffed to .7 for all attacks, Overhead base damage to 115, Slash base damage to 82, Stab base damage decreased to 45, Turn speed buffed to 53,000

Broadsword: Parry negation buffed to 16

Norse Sword: Stab base damage raised to 57, Overhead combo time buffed to .625, Slash combo time buffed to .6, Parry negation to 16

Falchion: Overhead damage type changed to Cut, Overhead base damage raised to 82, Slash damage type changed to Chop, Slash base damage raised to 75, Stab base damage to 50, Parry negation buffed to 17

Flanged Mace: Overhead base damage raised to 75, Slash base damage raised to 70, Overhead windup to .475, Overhead combo time to .65, Parry negation buffed to 17

Morning Star: Overhead base damage raised to 72, Slash base damage raised to 65, Overhead and Slash release times buffed to .55, Parry negation buffed to 17

Holy Water: Overhead damage type changed to Blunt, Overhead base damage raised to 65, Slash base damage raised to 65, Stab base damage raised to 55, Stab combo time buffed to .65, Parry negation buffed to 16

Hatchet: Slash base damage raised to 70, Overhead base damage raised to 75, All combo times to buffed to .6, Parry negation buffed to 16

War Axe: Overhead base damage raised to 85, Stab base damage raised to 57, All combo times to .65, Parry negation buffed to 16

Dane Axe: Slash damage type changed to Cut, Slash base damage raised to 92, Overhead and Slash release times buffed to .6, Parry negation buffed to 17

Longbow: Broadhead power decreased from 57 to 56

Warbow: Broadhead power increased from 65 to 70

Crossbow: Power increased from 60 to 61

Short Spear: Pierce throw attack power adjusted to 60

Saber: Overhead power adjusted to 62

MAA Crossbow Headshot damage modifier now 2

Knight Crossbow Torso damage modifier now 1.2

Knight Bow/projectile Torso damage modifier now 1.2

UPDATE 1.7

[b][color][font]This is a [/font][/color][b]Test Build[color] to see how the first batch of changes voted on by the Mercs Balance Council are going to play out.[/color][/b][/b]

[b][b]
    [color]Changelog:[/color]

[color]EXPERIMENTAL BUILD[/color]

[color]-New Adrenaline Mechanic: When you kill someone, you get 30 stamina. Doesnt go higher then your max stamina[/color]
    [color]-Decreased feint window of spear type weapons by .025[/color]
    [color]-Raised minimum stab windup to 0.475[/color]
    [color]-Archer Flinch reinstated[/color]
    [color]-Archer cut damage multiplier raised to 1.1[/color]
    [color]-Archer projectile location damage modifier changed: x3.0 Head | x1.75 Torso[/color]
    [color]-Archer crossbow location damage modifier changed: x2.5 Head | x2.0 Torso[/color]
    [color]-Man at Arms projectile location damage modifier changed: x2.0 Head | x1.0 Torso[/color]
    [color]-Man at Arms crossbow location damage modifier changed: x1.75 Head | x1.0 Torso[/color]
    [color]-Vanguard projectile location damage modifier changed: x2.0 Head | x1.0 Torso[/color]
    [color]-Vanguard crossbow location damage modifier changed: x1.5 Head | x1.0 Torso[/color]
    [color]-Knight projectile location damage modifier changed: x2.0 Head | x1.0 Torso[/color]
    [color]-Knight crossbow location damage modifier changed: x1.75 Head | x1.0 Torso[/color]
    [color]-Cudgel overhead damage buffed to 55[/color]
    [color]-Saber slash damage buffed to 50[/color]

[color]-Shortbow rebalanced[/color]
    [color]Bodkin & Broadhead 45 base damage[/color]
    [color]Draw time decreased by .1[/color]
    [color]Ammo count raised to 45[/color]

[color]-Longbow rebalanced[/color]
    [color]Bodkin 52 base damage[/color]
    [color]Broadhead 57 base damage[/color]

[color]-Warbow rebalanced[/color]
    [color]Bodkin & Broadhead 65 base damage[/color]

[color]-Light Crossbow rebalanced[/color]
    [color]50 Base damage[/color]
    [color]Ammo count reduced to 10[/color]

[color]-Crossbow rebalanced[/color]
    [color]60 Base damage[/color]
    [color]Ammo count reduced to 9[/color]

[color]-Heavy Crossbow rebalanced[/color]
    [color]89 Base damage[/color]
    [color]Ammo count reduced to 8[/color]

[color]-Short spear rebalanced[/color]
    [color]Throw 65 Base damage[/color]

[color]-Javelin rebalanced[/color]
    [color]Throw 70 Base damage[/color]

[color]-Heavy Javelin rebalanced[/color]
    [color]Throw 90 Base damage[/color]

[color]-Sling rebalanced[/color]
    [color]Pebble Max: 35 damage[/color]
    [color]Leadball Max: 49 damage[/color]

[color]Throwing Axe rebalanced[/color]
    [color]-56 Base damage[/color]

[color]Throwing Knife rebalanced[/color]
    [color]-36 Based damage[/color]

[/b][color][b]Have fun! and HUGE thanks to omar for helping me out with the adrenaline code

[/b][/color][/b]

> A more detailed list of current changes in mercs:
    > 
    > - "First hit flinch" - you can now flinch releases, which means that hit trades are reduced alot. However, trades can still happen when both players hit each other at roughly the same time
    > 
    > - Raised minmum windup for swings 0.4, for overheads & stabs 0.45
    > 
    > - Charge attack disabled
    > 
    > - Sprint parry lockout removed
    > 
    > - Health regens double the speed when you stand still, vanilla speed when you walk
    > 
    > - Handle hit tracers halfed on following weapons:
    > 
    > Polearms
    > 2H Heavy Blunt
    > 2H Axes
    > 1H Axes
    > 1H Blunt
    > 
    > - Handle hit tracers tripled on following weapons:
    > 
    > 2H Swords
    > 
    > - Archer range resistances changed [EXPERIMENTAL]:
    > 
    > ```
    > ProjectileLocationModifiers(EHIT_Head) = 1.5
    > ProjectileLocationModifiers(EHIT_Torso) = 1.0
    > ProjectileLocationModifiers(EHIT_Arm) = 1.0
    > ProjectileLocationModifiers(EHIT_Legs) = 0.65
    > CrossbowLocationModifiers(EHIT_Head) = 1.75
    > CrossbowLocationModifiers(EHIT_Torso) = 1.0
    > CrossbowLocationModifiers(EHIT_Arm) = 1.0
    > CrossbowLocationModifiers(EHIT_Legs) = 0.65
    > 
    > to
    > 
    > ProjectileLocationModifiers(EHIT_Head) = 3
    > ProjectileLocationModifiers(EHIT_Torso) = 1.3
    > ProjectileLocationModifiers(EHIT_Arm) = 1.3
    > ProjectileLocationModifiers(EHIT_Legs) = 0.65
    > CrossbowLocationModifiers(EHIT_Head) = 3
    > CrossbowLocationModifiers(EHIT_Torso) = 2
    > CrossbowLocationModifiers(EHIT_Arm) = 2
    > CrossbowLocationModifiers(EHIT_Legs) = 0.65
    > 
    > ```
    > 
    > -2H Swords Feint Window reduced by 50ms [EXPERIMENTAL]
    > 
    > -2H Swords Combo Feint Window reduced by 25ms [EXPERIMENTAL]
    > 
    > - Bearded axe rework [EXPERIMENTAL]:
    > 
    > Slash now 95 Damage Cut
    > Stab now 20 Damage with slightly increased knockback (4000 more)
    > Slash windup .525
    > OH windup .575
    > OH & Slash release .6
    > Combo slash to slash .7
    > Combo slash (rest) .725
    > Combo oh stuff .75
    > Combo stab stuff .65
    > 
    > - Falchion was buffed aswell since 1.0 of mercs [EXPERIMENTAL]:
    > 
    > Swing & OH to 75 Damage Chop
    > 
    > - Longsword, changed since 1.0 of mercs [EXPERIMENTAL]:
    > 
    > OH Damage increased to 84

Feedback is appreciated. Feel free to post any ideas and suggestions you have. Enjoy guys, make sure you share this with your Chivalry friends. Remember, if something is unbalanced it can be easily looked at.

Credits

Crushed
    Maceman
    Ky wild (helping me with a small dodge function)
    Xyvilon (helping me find the handle tracers)
    all the other people who helped get mercs more popular and the council
    spook for logo <3
    beef for website
    thanks for ogre helping me with adrenaline mechanic!

**DONATORS

-**Skillz
    -Sir loin of beef
    -Swagfox

Huge thanks to you guys!

• alternate ripostes when?

• I like all of the confirmed features, but am unsure about the change to kicks.

I hope to see the first unconfirmed change soon.

• not sure about removing dodge, i wanted to remove dodge and parry first so you have to either parry or dodge but not both and get away

• ninja roll instead!

• lol zombo slasher slasher now slasher soon slasher almost ready

@CRUSHED:

Its still a while for Chivalry 2/Slasher

things slow down when you get some bugs in… concept art is not art…

• Dis sounds gr8 m8 I r8 it 9/11. I’ll put it on my na server too since it never gets used

• @gregcau:

lol zombo slasher slasher now slasher soon slasher almost ready

things slow down when you get some bugs in… concept art is not art…

i didnt say anything about SLASHER yet jokes on you silly!

• @zombojoe:

huh the one thread you didn’t say it in???

• @zombojoe:

Soon when?

• slasher will be coming shortly!

• @CRUSHED:

Its still a while for Chivalry 2/Slasher so I decided to make a small mod coming the next few days that we want to test in scrims …

Seems really interesting and well thought out.

I don’t play competitively and neither do many other players with lots of hours in the game, so we could test this out on a public TO server too. I would be willing to rent a server and run this mod on it for testing purposes instead of just trying it out in scrims.

• So i just had another test session with RAW BONER and Shard

basically its working pretty damn good, hit trades are gone for 90% of the time

the last 10% are counters (you can flinch counters when u hit them very early), and when both players hit each other at the exact same time. So basically the bullshit trades where you hit someone way earlier but it still trades are gone

also this makes the game alot more “hardcore”, a group of good players can now wipe out whole squads of players clean without taking hits and the spin2win comboing forever playstyle can get punished now… you know how people spin around with maul in pubs and when you go in to flinch them its a bit too late and you get traded? yeah that shit doesnt happen anymore

• @CRUSHED:

So i just had another test session with RAW BONER and Shard

How about flinch time? Is it not a problem when you can constantly flinch slow weapons in between their combos if you have a fast 1-hander?

• @Fang:

How about flinch time? Is it not a problem when you can constantly flinch slow weapons in between their combos if you have a fast 1-hander?

normal hits are impossible to interrupt. Raw boner managed to flinch me with norse when i dragged with zweihander though

also morningstar+kite stabs can interrupt combos in facehug, but this is all zweihander not the faster 2h and very up close. when you even get the smallest distance inbetween your enemy and yourself its no problem at all with zwei combos

also most hits that land from mid combo spam will end up in a trade, like i said in above post

If theres problems in that regard i dont mind putting the minimum windup up to .45 and giving the onehanders something in compensation

• Crushed, could you maybe organize some more scrims or pugs with this mod? Sounds promising, but I am worried about a few things and would like to test them out (Quarterstaff may become uber powerful, for instance).

TBS will never remove dodge because it would cause too many tears, fix dodge-in-active-parry so scrublords like me can’t crutch on it and beat Stinker/Tyrant by outstamming them as MAA lmao.

Intelligent firepot nerf too? Or is that too much for a simple mod.

• what did you have in mind for firepot?

i will def organize some scrims with this mod… but later… its 7 am in europe haha, atm tweaking health regen (takes longer to start but regens faster)

yeah will have to see about super fast weapons, thats why i said i wouldnt mind raising the minimum windup more on some weapons

will have to test things alot and adjust some things ofcourse, but the end result will be no doubt better then vanilla chiv

sprint lockout is also removed

if anyone wants to help me with this mod contact me on steam

• oh shit I forgot you were CRUSHED for a moment thought you were NA for some reason, I was probably thinking you were raw boner or something cause of the caps.

A minor version of DW health regen sounds awesome, tweaked so that you can’t heal during a melee clash but you can heal in between clears/arrows in your knee instead of F10’ing or suicide pushing/asking teammate to kill you.

My idea for firepot was to INCREASE the aoe, but remove the whole DoT aspect of it so that it acts like an area-denial tool (e.g. CS:GO molotov) than a Holy Grenade from Worms: Armageddon. Standing in the fire does a lot of damage rapidly, but you can run out of it to stop getting hurt. This way, you need to put a bit of brain power behind your tosses and, rather than getting instant 30-50 damage on enemies, you restrict their movement/control the map more. Could be interesting to see used strategically in TO, just be careful not to throw a dumb ass molotov that screws up your team from entering the fray too. Would also encourage people to maybe using the knives/shield instead if they just want direct damage.

• Crushed, CRUSHED, crush, all the same lol

yeah its a good idea, i always thought the firepot should be an area denial too instead of “throw at people”

what do you guys think about archers… keep the flinch gone or readd archer flinch & give more headshot bonuses and lower torso damage?

• Kick stam drain removed
    Jump stam drain removed

Do heavy kicks consume no stamina? Do they still cause damage?

Also, handlehits were kinda inconsistent, why bring them back? Since the bubble reduction, facehuggers and groundsniffers, especially 1handers, already have an advantage vs Knight* with their stabs, why make OHs OP too?

*There are times when shield users or 1handers in general beat the crap out of me because I can’t backpedal quickly enough and they keep lookingdown+facehugging. So it’s hard not to get an insta hit from either some normal attacks but mostly their ripostes. I’m talking about morning star/HWS/norse, fast 1h kind of weapons vs 2H. It’s worse with kite users since they can flinch midcombo.