Mercs

• revert all knockbacks to CU1.

• I got to do a few duels and a pug with the mod yesterday and I think there is definitely a lot of good in the mod but still believe it needs some further tweaking. I’ll start with what I really love about it.

I’m thrilled that stamina and health regen got a buff even though it might look a little silly to crouch to start it it’s a great solution without having to either globally buff stamina or adjust individual weapon stam drain values.

Now onto FHF I love the fact that hit trades are few and far inbetween and weapons like the maul that used to just be ridiculous have been put back in their place. From what I saw in the pug Spook was using Maul and didn’t seem to be hindered much by FHF so I think it’s really a win, win in that situation. Players that are actually good with Maul will still have success and players that just used it as a BS hit trade machine will have to move on to a new strategy. I also like that you accounted for how much of a buff this would be to fast 1h weapons and globally adjusted windup times to balance things out as well as removed Maa dodge. My main concern is how much of a buff this will be to lookdowns, reverses and b0ckswings and how much of a nerf it will be to dragging. Now maybe I just didn’t get enough playtime to really figure out how this will all play out but it seemed that if I saw my opponent dragging say Messer for example all I had to do was stab him in the chest with Poleaxe or SOW and I could flinch him pretty much every time with enough practice. Now if this is the only way to prevent hit trades and this is what the competitive community as a whole wants I’m all for it and I’d be happy to adapt.(for the record I main SOW so it actually buffs my main playstyle)

Alright moving on to archers wow this is getting pretty long…. Okay so I’m happy to see a body damage nerf and a headshot buff I just think the current changes are too extreme. As a knight I was brought down to kick health by a single headshot from a sling. I know the trade off is a body shot would do next to no damage but I think on a competitive level most good archers will have too much success getting headshots. Sure in pubs archers won’t even be a factor anymore with how low body damage is but competitive play is what I think most of us agree we want balanced. What I would propose is giving headshots a smaller buff while giving body shots a smaller nerf. I think weapons like Heavy Xbow and Warbow should be able to 1 shot all classes with a headshot but weapons like sling and short bow should only do around 50 to 60 damage to a Knight with headshots. I don’t know enough about the HTK with bows to give more detail I just think it needs to be less extreme. What I do agree with is having multiple weapons available to archers that will one shot other archers with body shots, counter archering is very important to keeping the balance in my opinion. Last thing I want to address is projectile flinch I agree that archers should be a support class and that flinch is important to them doing this. But I would suggest if we’re going to give them a headshot bonus that that flinch should only interrupt attacks and not parries. I’d be perfectly fine with my parries being interrupted as well if archers received a nerf to body damage and headshot bonus stayed the same as vanilla but if we’re buffing them so that a few weapons can one shot even a knight with a successful headshot I think the flinch needs to be stictly defense and only flinch attacks not parries.

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear some constructive feedback on what you guys think about my observations.

• New Update is out!

Changelog:

-Fixed King HP regen
    -Fixed javelins
    -Fixed instant respawn bug
    -Removed Crouch stamina regen feature
    -Dodge is back - Cant attack during dodge anymore - 300ms attack cooldown after dodging
    -Knockback on brandistock,halberd & spear lowered
    -Tweaked archer damage values
    -Fixed throwing axe damage

Enjoy :D

• Too bad Crouch Stamina regen and Jump cooldown removal caused bugs, I would love that shit.

Also, great mod in general. Still needs stamina buff, though.

• @CRUSHED:

New Update is out!

Changelog:

-Fixed King HP regen
    -Fixed javelins
    -Fixed instant respawn bug
    -Removed Crouch stamina regen feature
    -Dodge is back - Cant attack during dodge anymore - 300ms attack cooldown after dodging
    -Knockback on brandistock,halberd & spear lowered
    -Tweaked archer damage values
    -Fixed throwing axe damage

Enjoy :D

What exactly did you change with the archer damage values?

• New build is good, can’t talk for MAA players though, dodge is situational now I suppose.

• @Dire:

What exactly did you change with the archer damage values?

Knight: A bit more torso damage but no more oneshots on the head, Vanguard : a bit more torso damage but also more headshot damage

• I haven’t played the mod yet so my opinion isn’t super valuable but less stamina used on parry and cftp would be awesome.

Everything sounds awesome though. I’m going to try to get the Hardwire server running this.

• @CRUSHED:

Knight: A bit more torso damage but no more oneshots on the head, Vanguard : a bit more torso damage but also more headshot damage

Sounds good for Knight. I didn’t play any Vanguard with the mod yet so I’m not sure how extra headshot damage will play out yet. Anyways this was an awesome idea hopefully we can get everything balanced out soon and start pushing TBS to make this live.

• Dodge is back - Cant attack during dodge anymore - 300ms attack cooldown after dodging

lol this is worse than before it’s like DW, cooldown make the game irresponsive, clunky you know that, taking a real decision and removing it for rework the class was a better idea x)

Also this make me laugh how everyone needed 6 months to realise crushed was right about flinch in release.

• @Edmund:

lol this is worse than before it’s like DW, cooldown make the game irresponsive, clunky you know that, taking a real decision and removing it for rework the class was a better idea x)

Also this make me laugh how everyone needed 6 months to realise crushed was right about flinch in release.

everyone thought he was trolling

• I didn’t think he was trolling.

But I still don’t like FiR. A choice between two evils I’d rather not have flinch in release.

• Only got to try it in a pub, but as far as first impressions go I think this is really really great. FHF works better than expected and the archer/maa changes are certainly a step in the right direction. Hell, this might be enough to make me actually enjoy this game again.

obligatory
    VOLVO PLZ ADD, AND GIVE ME ONE!!1!

• I still don’t get why ripostes should be so hard to flinch. As soon as stamina is fixed, there should be no problem blocking a few more attacks, waiting for the right opportunity to riposte + thanks to FHF, there will be more opportunities where trades won’t happen.

• @B4RK:

I still don’t get why ripostes should be so hard to flinch. As soon as stamina is fixed, there should be no problem blocking a few more attacks, waiting for the right opportunity to riposte + thanks to FHF, there will be more opportunities where trades won’t happen.

If you make ripostes easier to flinch it will be too easy to spam a lone opponent to death. Now bad timing is punished since the underdog can target switch and keep attacking instead of parrying/trading until they die.

People just have to get really used to the new meta first, so we can see how teamfights play out. This mod changes a lot of things in all possible scenarios, so don’t judge the strong riposte just yet.

• I’ve tried it and FHF is really interesting. So far I like it a lot, especially with the semifast/fast weapons. But weapons like Morningstar, dubaxe and zwei just feels clunky, zwei is alright though because of the reach.
    I do not see a need for the 0.3 attack cooldown after a dodge, that they’re not able to combo an attack that follows the dodge should be enough. Right now it’s basically a free hit after a MAA dodges, if they dont parry which would make them lose even more stamina.
    I really love spear vs brandi fights atm, the brandi user has to FTP all the time against the spearuser if they use the same type of attack which I think is interesting.
    I’'m not sure about the weaponbalance in the mod though, feels weird with some weapons.
    The health regen is great and not OP at all.

Conclusion: FHF and the improved health regen should be in vanilla.

• Dodge is supposed to be the tool that lets MAA survive in TO, they should have to actually think between dodging and parrying in duel scenarios. It should have penalties if your opponent anticipates the dodge. I think it just needs animation tweaking or something else to make it obvious when that 0.3 attack cooldown ends. Oh, and remove parry-in-active-dodge, I know CRUSHED has been meaning to do that when dodge returned.

Vanguard will probably be the “easiest” class to play if FHF ever goes live. Knights actually need good awareness once again to not get uber flinched from every orifice, and MAA don’t have ez-mode SF2 Akuma SSJ Goku offense anymore with dodge nerfs.

• @a:

Oh, and remove parry-in-active-dodge, I know CRUSHED has been meaning to do that when dodge returned.

Vanguard will probably be the “easiest” class to play if FHF ever goes live. Knights actually need good awareness once again to not get uber flinched from every orifice, and MAA don’t have ez-mode SF2 Akuma SSJ Goku offense anymore with dodge nerfs.

I actually dont want to implement no dodge with parry yet because i want to see how MAA plays out now and it seems just fine, i don’t want to overnerf MAA i think they would be food with no parry + dodge

And idk what you mean with slow weapons being clunky zwei and maul is still very popular its just no more hit trades playstyle :P

For the next update i was thinking about:

Stamina parry drain overhaul, fixed respawn time of 10-15 seconds & the health regen right now only on standing stilll, not walking, walking will be vanilla regen

spawns seem pretty fast atm & the health regen is a bit op… yes its awesome but it has too much effect on scrims atm and thats not what i wanted with this change

• The only problem here is that you’re building on a horrible foundation.

• @Jetstream:

The only problem here is that you’re building on a horrible foundation.

omg this ^

slasher when?