Shield Fade

• For those who love first person. And love shields.

I find it impairs my vision insanely. I’ like it if the shield was faded, at least enough (in my perspective, first person) so that you can get the just of what is in front of me. As it stands I want to see everything and take it all in, and the shield just doesn’t allow that. (not that it matters, I don’t like using shields anyway in games, I just think it would improve the player chivalry experience)

• Blocking part of your view is meant to be a downside to large shields which third person unfortunately bypasses, so I can’t say I would support this idea.

• I second SlyGoats opinion.

You can’t see through a shield in real life, why would you add an unrealistic feature like that to Chivalry?

• I agree with Sly also, but this is why i suggested a button to look around you (as the ½ button did in M&B), but unlike other games this shouldn’t be 360 degrees free view, only, like i said in my post, to a certain point where it seems realistic, as in within 180¤ for instance.

• @Elminster:

I agree with Sly also, but this is why i suggested a button to look around you (as the ½ button did in M&B), but unlike other games this shouldn’t be 360 degrees free view, only, like i said in my post, to a certain point where it seems realistic, as in within 180¤ for instance.

it would be nice to see 180 degrees around you. but they would have to zoom out of you player more, and then it wouldn’t feel like your the one fighting anymore. it would be controlling a puppet instead. which is also why i dont like playing the game in third person