Poll: Most unreadable Riposte

• This Poll is obviously very subjective because you may not have played against each of these weapons in equal amounts. Or this one lagger you are allways playing against uses X weapon

I have grouped some weapons that behave very similar and not listed some weapons that have deceptive ripostes when there are stright upgrades to them in terms of unreadableness.

Poll will be open for 2 months

• Q staff is the most Bullshit weapon lol. Its like a blunt long dagger.

• Actually I find Qstaff less frustrating to read than Norse Sword, Dagger and Shortsword stab ripostes. It’s just 100% gamble on my end when I fight one of those.

Those weapons are also frequently the ones that make you want to rewind and see for yourself because you’re pretty damn sure you parried that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FUh7T_boks
    Sums my feels up quite nicely.

• Sorry, what exactly do you call unreadable? When the riposte comes too fast that you can’t react to it? Or when there are not telltalte signs the guy parried and will riposte?

If it’s the second, the thing is, you can make almost all ripostes “unreadable” that way. Sometimes some ripostes will look worse than others. It’s just the way they blend because there’s little to no “windup” involved.
    After a succesful parry, you are always deflected for a short period of time. If you queue up an attack in order to riposte, you will need to correct that deflection, i.e., drag to correct your aim. The shorter it takes you to do that probably has to do with how unreadable a riposte becomes.

I, for one, have seen this kind of shit (at 1:25) where the guy looks almost entirely static one second and the next you get a stab in your face countless of times, with all kinds of pings, with pretty much all weapons. Maul, poleaxe, norse, HSW, brandi, polearms in general.
    Sometimes there’s no grunt when the opponent ripostes, which makes them even more unreadable.

I no longer know where to reliably look at. I’ve tried to pay attention to sounds, to the position of his weapon, to the movement of his legs/shoulders/arms… and it’s never really consistent. I just need to be extra cautious and back pedal to get a chance to read them and it’s all because there’s so little movement on his end (because that’s how Chivalry blends some ripostes) that it shortens the reaction window, or more than I’d like.

• Halberd stab riposte, can look like they’re going back to idle.

• @Alphonse:

Sometimes there’s no grunt when the opponent ripostes, which makes them even more unreadable.

In my experience they never grunt in a riposte. Thats how I teach noobs how to riposte, if the guy grunted the riposte didn’t work and the noob will have to be faster.

Stab ripostes in general are a pain in the ass imo.

• If the opponent got less than 20 ping zwei is harder to read than a qstaff/knife riposte of someone with a more regular 35-80 ping tbh.
    I’ve kinda gotten used to qstaff by now so it doesn’t bother me that much, but that and all spearslash ripostes are annoying.

• Where’s the billhook?

• @Kreittis:

Where’s the billhook?

You can at maximum have only 10 options but actually i never thought about the billhock as noone ever uses it

• where is the brandistock?

the fork is definitely the hardest IMO. you have to try and discern between the lighting fast upper stab riposte, or the swing riposte which barely has any animation. The LMB does not give you enough to react to such a subtle animation.

plenty of people use the billhook but I don’t see how that’s hard to block. all the other options on the poll just require good reaction time.

• @Kreittis:

Where’s the billhook?

billhook. . . plz go away.
    I hate you for even mentioning that despicable weapon.

• 1. Morning star stab wins EASY

2. Spear slash

3. shortsword facehug stab = GG

QS is cancer but i haven’t seen it many times in action.

• @ashvins:

1. Morning star stab wins EASY

2. Spear slash

3. shortsword facehug stab = GG

QS is cancer but i haven’t seen it many times in action.

I agree with the MS stab, that shit is wacky.
    QS is just downright broken, the amount of weird things you can get away with is crazy. The lookdown OH is old-GS level fucked, and the reverse stabs are mental, not to mention it hits waaaay sooner than the animation implies.
    Surprised no ones mentioned the LS yet, stab ripostes have a tendency to hit really early these days. Never used to have a problem with them, does my head in haha. At least with the SoW you know its coming in stupidly fast, LS though you can see winding up but then out of nowhere you eat a stab.

Might just be me though.
    #20fpslife

• @LTTLWLF:

QS is just downright broken, the amount of weird things you can get away with is crazy. The lookdown OH is old-GS level fucked, and the reverse stabs are mental, not to mention it hits waaaay sooner than the animation implies.
    Surprised no ones mentioned the LS yet, stab ripostes have a tendency to hit really early these days. Never used to have a problem with them, does my head in haha. At least with the SoW you know its coming in stupidly fast, LS though you can see winding up but then out of nowhere you eat a stab.

Might just be me though.
    #20fpslife

I feel your pain bro, low fps makes stab ripostes a nightmare. People said about the billhook, its one of the most fucked up stab ripostes imo, bonus points if you are playing with less then 30 fps when you face someone with it.

• @LTTLWLF:

Might just be me though.
    #20fpslife

LS riposte stabs AND overheads. Sometimes the overhead goes crazy and lands instantly, i’ve done it many times. On my end it looks like it skips the windup and release animation. It only happens at facehug range, and the timing has to be perfect to pull it off. Very random but broken.

Recently i’ve been having issues with the billhook, the ripostes come out much later than expected.

• Poleaxe stab riposte rustles my jimmies but I always expect it now so not that bad.

For some reason, regular, unaccelerated swings from the zwei and LS screw my day over 60% of the time every time. Also stabs from the zwei flatten out weirdly and I can never tell they are in my mouth.

• Poleaxe, the others are fast but the poleaxe is the one that seems least consistent with it’s animation

• @Ready:

Poleaxe, the others are fast but the poleaxe is the one that seems least consistent with it’s animation

I’ve never had trouble blocking the axe stabs.

• Many people do have issues with the poleaxe stab ripostes. No idea why. Poleaxe is my go to weapon for knight I use it a lot and yeah some people just don’t parry at all with poleaxe stab ripostes when I expect them to. I don’t have any issues with it but hey I use it tons so I would be used to it.

• @lemonater47:

Many people do have issues with the poleaxe stab ripostes. No idea why. Poleaxe is my go to weapon for knight I use it a lot and yeah some people just don’t parry at all with poleaxe stab ripostes when I expect them to. I don’t have any issues with it but hey I use it tons so I would be used to it.

Because Poleaxe has an idle stab animation. If you expect it, it’ll be easier to parry though.