Name change in this game only?

• I found an entry where the name simply stated Player, but didn’t dare to change it.
    I am Pigmachine everywhere, for good and for bad… but it certainly don’t fit in the ‘Medieval Warfare’ era.
    I’m not so damn bad that I want to change it due to being totally humiliated in combat (at least not always), it’s more of a breaker in the feeling of the era. And ‘Pigmachine have killed Sir [insert name here]’ makes me flinch a bit

Do I have to get a second Steam-name just for this game, or can I somehow change it in this game only?

• You can’t change your name in-game, unfortunately. You’ll just have to change your steam name (this takes like 5 seconds, to be fair) before you play if you feel that strongly about it.

• Ok thanks, never changed name in steam before… and considered only people with some bad trades used it :)
    I guess I’ll give it a try, or let them suffer from my non era suiting name… (Just read about a guy looking for a ‘Bruce Wayne’, so I guess it’s no deal-breaker other in my eyes)

• Rename yourself ‘Sir Pigmachine’ :I

• Haha! Or Lord Porcus Machina

Sir Porcus Machina it is now :rapture:

• I wouldn’t worry about your name being unchivalrous tbh. I’ve seen a lot of names including

Ser Rebral Palsy
    Sloppypoobag
    Douche McBag
    The Corpse Rapist

There are worse names than pigmachine. I like that name actually. Porcus Machina does sound better though.

• Setname.

I thought that command worked. Type in setname followed by what you want to be called. Setname Porcus Machina.

• I can live with the ‘new name’ a while in steam, havn’t checked console or it’s commands yet

• Yeah there’s a console command called setname. Red orchestra 2 runs on the same engine as chivalry, has the same basic console commands and has the same name bug where it sets some people’s names as player with a bunch of numbers. People use the setname command to get around it.

• @lemonater47:

Yeah there’s a console command called setname. Red orchestra 2 runs on the same engine as chivalry, has the same basic console commands and has the same name bug where it sets some people’s names as player with a bunch of numbers. People use the setname command to get around it.

Setname only works as an admin iirc?