Do the helmet stop any damage, or is it just an 'ornament'?

• I’ve been curious about that, but haven’t been able to test it out for myself (even thou I bought 3 full bundles, and 3 CMW copies… and my mates are too lazy to play with me). (only given away 3 so far)

The deadliest warrior ones… I actually just bought to have fun with later on, since I think it’s… well not fun at all, and awaiting my new mouse.

Chivalry Medieval Warfare is the most fun I’ve had in multiplayer ‘fps’ in a LOT of years! And absolutely the most fun in this setting. No idea how I could’ve missed it for so long!? Maybe because I don’t normally play FPS-kinda games.

• Just an ornament.

• Thanks! for the info… might run around bald in the future :) … well I only play Mason anyway, and like the archer helmet. But now I know it’s not needed

• It always felt like back in the first few months of Chivalry’s lifespan, when you could smack helmets off of people with blunt weapons, that I always was able to crush heads easier when they had no helmet. That was probably just because I was low rank and didn’t know the game though.

• Noticed that the flying helmets with a headshot (if not fatal) were a cool thingie, and thought it might decrease armor, but the arrow still were lodged in their forehead, and they didn’t seem more vunerable.
    So I were a bit curious… as I’m still a noob at this.

• @Pigmachine:

Noticed that the flying helmets with a headshot (if not fatal) were a cool thingie, and thought it might decrease armor, but the arrow still were lodged in their forehead, and they didn’t seem more vunerable.
    So I were a bit curious… as I’m still a noob at this.

That’s a bug

• @Kim:

That’s a bug

Well thats a bug but that’s rare. Helmet comes off with all headshots lethal or non lethal that’s what he said. I don’t think he’s actually seen a projectile knock a helmet off doing no damage.

• ive seen that plenty of times during scrims especially

it always happens when you hit the helmet model without hitting the head hit box

you have to miss the head hit box but still hit the helmet so no mouth shots

• if you get a gold helmet, its adds to the amount of damage you receive. From arrows HUE

• @50ShadesofClay:

if you get a gold helmet, its adds to the amount of damage you receive. From arrows HUE

Haven’t worn my gold for more than a day. I learned about it’s arrow magnetic properties in a few short hours and took it off for a more dull, arrow repellent cap.

• @Gauntlet:

Haven’t worn my gold for more than a day. I learned about it’s arrow magnetic properties in a few short hours and took it off for a more dull, arrow repellent cap.

As someone who makes a habit of popping gold hats, thats a wise move.