Really dissapointed with the development this game has undergone

• basically, i used to play this game all the time because it was simply a great game.

then two big changes happened and I just stopped playing, not due to outrage, just because it bothered me enough that the game wasnt worth playing anymore: the change to weapon animation
    and
    the change to UI

this and the focus on constantly pushing out new skins for players to play for instead of creating new content or polishing the game really pissed me off and I cannot believe such a great game has fallen so far.

• How come you don’t like the new UI? I loved it.

• new first person animations were a bit hit & miss tbh

• First person and 3dr person animations/shadows have always been off. I am not sure why that is the case and why they haven’t fixed it. It maybe the case that they either created two seperate animations or they never synced them up correctly. I know it has been discussed in the past. Either case that could explain so many of the problems with the games hit detection.

As far as the UI goes they have done quite a lot to it and there are options for making it bigger/smaller or more/less transparent. It would be nice if you could increase the size of the crosshair dot because in high resolutions it simply disappears.

One of my biggest complaints has always been how your natural eye level with the weapons is not correct, specially with the swords. I am always looking lower because of it. Yeah this is probably my own issue as I used to do live steel weapon demonstrations with many of the weapons in game and I would never hold my weapons at that height even when running. Nor would I hold the weapons at any of the angles that are presented. Even more annoying is that almost all the swing traces are not straight in any way, specially with the halberd swings and stabs. Horrible swing trace patterns, nothing smooth or level about them.

• Not sure if a troll post. Did weapon animations change much if at all - don’t recall. UI is superior now - at least for usability.

Skins - um so you get pissed off if you go into the customization mention and click on something to purchase…ugh ok you are a delicate flower.

• @gregcau:

Not sure if a troll post. Did weapon animations change much if at all - don’t recall. UI is superior now - at least for usability.

Skins - um so you get pissed off if you go into the customization mention and click on something to purchase…ugh ok you are a delicate flower.

No, they never got changed and should have. Well maybe he was talking about ALT swings. If that is the case they fucked those up to if you remember right. Instead of actually fixing the animations they added a delay at the beginning of the ALT swings so that the timing was the same as the regular swings. Over all though I think the Alt swings were a fast improvement in adding complexity to the game.

3rd person VS 1st person animations are clearly not the same.

• @Retsnom:

No, they never got changed and should have. Well maybe he was talking about ALT swings. If that is the case they fucked those up to if you remember right. Instead of actually fixing the animations they added a delay at the beginning of the ALT swings so that the timing was the same as the regular swings. Over all though I think the Alt swings were a fast improvement in adding complexity to the game.

That was a long time ago, clearly redoing animations was a big deal. Which I find a little weird - surely a strong programmer can automate creation of animations, seems you could calculate it based upon some not too hard math calculations, maybe Crushed can answer that.

@Retsnom:

3rd person VS 1st person animations are clearly not the same.

For two equal skilled players 3rd is so advantageous it seems. The only advantage of 1st is maybe you could hide a windup from a 3rd person viewer. Never got into the 140fov fishbowl, perhaps the sweet spot but I prefer a game that doesn`t look crappy.

• no, it wouldn’t be a programmer but an animator putting in the correct key frames and actually not having a set of animations for each perspective. One if my biggest complaints that has never been resolved is that swing traces are not linear nor smooth. Because of this some dont line up well with their animations. This is very true with the halberd stab as the swingtrace is anything but straight, smooth and lags behind the animation. But revamping/correcting the swing animations for each weapon to be straight and smooth and then to match the 3rd person animations seems like a lot of work to wasted on an almost
    3 year old game.

• And you say I don’t play the game lol.

First person animations did get changed a while ago. Not that they ever matched 3rd person animations anyway.

If you play the mod where 3rd person animations are the first person animations you can see why they aren’t the same. You can’t see anything. And everything clips through your face.

In pretty much every first person game the 3rd person and first person animations are different.

• First person animations got changed when they moved the first person camera further back, no?
    Anyway, concerning animations, they became way more consistent once I upgraded to a new monitor from 60hz to 120hz.
    Doesn’t fix all issues, but it helps a great deal.

• @Hitom:

First person animations got changed when they moved the first person camera further back, no?
    Anyway, concerning animations, they became way more consistent once I upgraded to a new monitor from 60hz to 120hz.
    Doesn’t fix all issues, but it helps a great deal.

Smoother looking not more consistent.

• @lemonater47:

Smoother looking not more consistent.

How is that not the same thing?

• Consistent meaning all animations looking the same each time.

Smoother meaning less jittery overall.

Why would consistent mean smoother??? Its not the definition of the word.

• @lemonater47:

Consistent meaning all animations looking the same each time.

Smoother meaning less jittery overall.

Why would consistent mean smoother??? Its not the definition of the word.

Yeah, no, you’re a pirate, fuck you?

• @lemonater47:

And you say I don’t play the game lol.

First person animations did get changed a while ago. Not that they ever matched 3rd person animations anyway.

If you play the mod where 3rd person animations are the first person animations you can see why they aren’t the same. You can’t see anything. And everything clips through your face.

In pretty much every first person game the 3rd person and first person animations are different.

Nope, never got to play the mod, thought it was worth doing but that doesn’t mean that the modder did it right either. The animation tweaks were minimal and the camera position change had more effects than the minor changes.

There should be no difference between 1st and 3rd animations. Hell the shadow animations dont even sync up. It really doesnt effect me all that much because I dont play third person but it does change how you parry certain attacks when you go against the same class. But my bigger bitch was the swing trace animations not all being consistant throughout the full swing. Some go up and down and are wavy which can totally fuck you as you try and manipulate the swing, in real time like advertised. Stabs are even worse depending on weapon. Short swords are straight, dead on and far longer reach than they should be while Halberd stabs are all over the place and delayed behind the animation as examples.

• Personally, I’m more disappointed to the lack of development this game has undergone. For example, no better bots.

• Shut up about the bots you ain’t getting them and they shouldn’t be a priority.

• Okay.
    :( Makes me sad though

• @Skindiacus:

Okay.
    :( Makes me sad though

wait for slasher :)

• I cannot say I am disappointed with the development with the game as much as I disagree with some of the major decisions that were made. Overall they have tried to make changes and fix things some they do, others they break. Sadly they should have left many of the defaults in the engine alone as that would have allowed better fan based mutators, RCON tools and mods. I also know the struggles of any small start up company where you have designers that are more fanboys than businessmen and many business mistakes in hiring/firing, marketing, goals and other opportunities missed.