Your most honourable deaths

• Now that the game is reasonably close to balanced again and since there are still mostly threads where people complain about their deaths, I thought I’d make this topic.

I ask a simple question: What have been your most honourable deaths in Chivalry so far?
    Not funny per se, just something that’d make you nod approvingly to your monitor with a faint smile.

I’ll start;

1. When someone executes a perfect feint-to-parry-to-riposte with something fast like a Sword of War.
    **Granted, that shit is very hard to read. But I know it requires near-perfect timing, and I can never help but laugh.
    2. When someone kicks me off a high edge and I legitimately didn’t see it coming.
    **Self-explanatory I assume.

3. When someone says “Watch me pown/rek/kick ass/whatever with the catapult” and then nails it in 1 shot.
    Yeah. Those boulders in Battlegrounds or Outpost from 200m away. Just one catapult shot. 4 deaths. 0 teamkills. Preceded by a full minute of trashtalk about supposed catapult skill.

• I once took some pebbles to the head.

• A proper SoW feint duel.

• Any lengthy fight in which we both get worn down to <20% and he gets me as a result of my panic parry.

When he reads all my feints and rekts me without returning them.

Shield knights that cannot be stunned.

And as much as I hate to admit… archers atop the wall on stoneshill that get a headshot while I flail like wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man.

• I guess the most honourable death would be a preservation of sorts. Then there’s cremation and burial. Or burning and mass graves. You could melt the body in the tub like breaking bad. Getting eaten, falling from a height then being picked off by scavengers, drowning and bloating in a small pond.

Only the first 3 were arguably honourable, so…

Turning into a zombie, exploding in space, being lost during teleportation, being erased in a black hole, burning in hell (lol), gas attacks, mass extinction (aliens, natural, man-made), having a fat man smother and eat you, being killed on Game of Thrones.

• When I become friendly with some guy and we XX4 or XX1 while dueling.

When I poorly execute some move and the other guy does the same but executes it perfectly.

When the other guy ducks or matrixes my attacks consistently.

When the other guy stams me out and doesn’t immediately punish me yet still manages to beat me.

No-feint no-ROHs duels.

Kings’ duel in Belmez

• When somebody reads my feint (or calls it correctly) and then kills me with brutal efficiency.

Or if they have no stamina but they outplay me :c

• Getting outplayed by another maul. I’m not talking lucky headshots either, but rather when the other guy counters me perfectly and shuts me down. Doesn’t happen very often, but when it does I love it. Maul duel me more RAW.

• In my own map “On The Edge” I got sent flying about 50m through the air by my own ballista while I complacently thought “naaaah, nobody would be using that, it’s their first time playing the map”……to top it off, it was through 2 smoke bombs, which was even better.

• @Otreum:

In my own map “On The Edge” I got sent flying about 50m through the air by my own ballista while I complacently thought “naaaah, nobody would be using that, it’s their first time playing the map”……to top it off, it was through 2 smoke bombs, which was even better.

Ballista kills are as funny today as they were the first time I saw one. Something about ragdolling through the air at mach 3 or being pinned against a wall in an unnatural pose is just god damn hilarious.

• When I see one of my teammates getting ganged by the entire enemy team, I rush in to help them without a second thought. Dumb, I know, but I feel like a goddamn hero every time. And I can usually take out at least two or three of them with me, it all really depends on how good the enemy is.

If they’re all free weekenders or casual rank 30s and 40s, chances are I don’t die at all. But that’s not what this thread is about.

• @Jon:

When I see one of my teammates getting ganged by the entire enemy team, I rush in to help them without a second thought. Dumb, I know, but I feel like a goddamn hero every time. And I can usually take out at least two or three of them with me, it all really depends on how good the enemy is.

Definitely same here.

On the opposite note, when under the same scenario that teammate you’re trying to save accidentally teamkills you.

• @MrGrumps:

On the opposite note, when under the same scenario that teammate you’re trying to save accidentally teamkills you.

This has happened more than a couple times for me. It sucks especially much if they don’t apologize and just act like nothing happened. I don’t care too much if someone accidentally kills me as long as they apologize and understand that they did something wrong, although it wouldn’t be a bad thing if people were a little more careful with their swings. I always try to drag away from my teammate if it looks like I might hit them.

• I like to fight with a Long Sword and Kite Shield with a Mace as a secondary most days. It just is an enjoyable loadout for me that is not very cheesy. So I get many honorable duels with even far better players using Mauls or Greatswords. I remember this one death in a Last Team Standing in the Arena. My team was getting crushed by some players who were using overhead attacks and accelerating the attacks to almost instant kill some of the guys not used to this mechanic. I was having a good game and killed 3 or 4 of the Masons using this tactic and even kicked one into the center pit. At the end of it there were 4 masons left and I knew I was going to die. There were 3 knights and a vanguard left so I decided to try and take as many as I could with me. The vanguard was charging me and I was able to dock under his lunge and counter with a quick stab. then a knight sent an overhead maul my way and I blocked it with my shield and ran into the the other two knights while doing an alternate slash and hit both of them. The maul knight came charging me with another overhead but I side stepped him and hit him with and overhead and a stab. The vanguard engaged me again and I managed to cut hit head off. One of the knights ran at me but put himself too close to the wall spikes and I sent him into it killing him. I walked away to some cover to regain some health and stamina if I could but the two knights stayed on my tail. The maul knight swung and hit me but I still managed to have some health left. His next swing hit the wall I was near and I finished him off with a stab to the throat. The last night squared up with me and we exchanged blocked hits and drained our remaining stamina. I misread his bearded axe and he caught me with an alternative overhead. It was a really good fight and a death that I was okay with after killing almost 8 Mason players on my own with a pretty basic and fair loadout.