500 dmg taken from NONE in 1 hit

• So, I was playing in a 3v3 and there was this Vanguard using Brandi.
    I had him under control, he was not attacking me or anything, when all of a sudden I got instakilled.

He’s not exactly in range and he even has the parry animation when I get killed.
    http://a.pomf.se/yigavp.webm

It was so weird that I checked the console and noticed this item:

And this is the first frame of my deathcam

He even got the kill but it displayed the Flail icon and not a brandi.

What the fuck happened?

• South American meta obviously.

• The flail icon is the default when you get killed by something without being touched by a weapon prior. Though it will display your own name infront saying you killed yourself. Haven’t seen it do that before.

Falling through the map and traps will display this. Though some traps don’t even display anything in the killfeed.

• @lemonater47:

Falling through the map and traps will display this. Though some traps don’t even display anything in the killfeed.

you sometimes get the flail icon when switching teams. sometimes it just gives some nearby player your kill, too, it’s weird.

thing is, I didn’t switch teams, autobalance was off… and that’s Moor… what traps? lol.
    Did I step on some explosive pixel?

• sometimes when you f10 it happens as well, didn’t look like you were though.

• @Alphonse:

sometimes it just gives some nearby player your kill, too, it’s weird.

It gives the kill to last player who damaged you.

This looks like admin slay shenanigans, faulty idle kill plugin or TBS tier bug.

• Happened once to a steam friend on an official pub server as well.