Far Cry 4

• Anyone else feel compelled to buy this game for full price? It’s feckin awesome so far, but $70 games are a little ridiculous. A game shouldn’t be that much. It’s wrawng.

• Steam sales have loosened everyone.

• Yeah I bought FC4 at full price but I’m waiting for Game of Thrones to go on sale, meanwhile it’s half the price of FC4 anyway. What’s that say about my mindset?

• That’s actually everyone’s mindset.

People will generally wait for a game under the price of $40 to go on sale before they buy. They are far more likely to buy the game full price if is over that amount.

Games over that amount tend to go on sale far less often and will sometimes take over a year to go on sale for the first time.

Games cheaper go on sale far more often and a lot sooner. Taking only a month or two.

Hell chivalry over the past 30 days has gone on sale 3 times of something stupid like that lol.

This is actually a large problem for indie developers. They get their game on steam, set the price at $10 and wait. They have this huge following of people who all like the game and followed it before release. They predicted their sales and budget for that. Game is released and no one buys it. Strange. They look on their forums. Everyone is waiting for the first steam sale. The had gets good reviews by those who have purchased it and everything. But no one a buying it. The first steam sale comes along and the game is on sale. It sells like it was expected to sell. But at half the price, a quarter of the price or even a tenth of the price. Indie developers who complained quickly faced the wrath of valve.

Valve is 100% community focused. It takes a large 30% cut most online stores takes 15%. As long as the people are happy and games sell they are happy. They don’t give a shit about any developers. How much money they make is none of their concern. So why valve may be keeping you happy and its profits large they aren’t supporting or defending indie developers.

• ya but lemonater

due to the nature of online digital goods, chivalry can sell 10 billion times with virtually no production cost

once the game is out there it will continue to sell FOREVER and at a negligible/none cost to the devs

indie devs, CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE

like srsly man, once TBS makes more money than their budget, every sale is pure profit

• No production costs??

Making a disc and putting it a box didn’t cost much anyway lol. People’s wages is the main cost. This isn’t aimed at torn banner they are super successful. But at the bunch of other developers.

They take out big loans to cover the cost of living while they make their games as well as any other costs such as buying everything and paying a bunch of people.

• ya dawg just take it one step at a time then lol

just look at what tripwire did to get where they are now, sleep in their mom’s basements trying to win an epic games mod competition

not saying its easy, definitely on the difficult side, but smart planning can take of that, all it takes is some determination and reasonable marketable product

• Once upon a time, valve were a team of aspiring modders. This was long ago when the internet was young. Now they basically own pc gaming.

• ya gaben was some random nerd at microsoft who really liked doom

• Bugged as F, trust me. Although it’s getting patched into an acceptable state as of late.

• Mouse acceleration was 2 stronk 4 me when I tried to play it.

• It seems to want to autodrive even when I have autodrive off, which is really fucking annoying cause it keeps swerving around and making me crash. Also I keep running off of small ledges and wingsuiting into walls and floors. Other than that, great game.

• Number #1 problem for me was most definitely mouse acceleration. Thank god that got fixed last patch. Now I get to attempt to fix incredibly frequent CPU stuttering.

The problem I feel is that Far Cry 4 is your typical Ubisoft PC port that lacked any kind of attention and thorough testing.
    I mean, problems like the stutters and mouse acceleration would have only taken 5 minutes of testing to encounter, yet apparently the people at Ubisoft said “Yep, seems good. Upload and sell it, guys!”.

Here’s a list of problems I’ve encountered (some may already have been fixed by now, not that’s an acceptable excuse though):

• Mouse acceleration. Could, up to now, NOT be turned off completely in ANY way but extracting the game’s .dat files, manually editing the source code and then re-pack.
    • Constant stuttering. Definitely at its worst and absolutely non-playable state when driving around or using something fast like a glider, but also appears at even the slowest crouching speeds. Ridiculous.
      About 50% of this problem can be fixed by, you guessed it, manual file editing.
    • Absurdly long loading screens. Fast travel? Takes 10 seconds of reading next to useless game tips while the game is loading up the new area. Dying and respawning in the very same area? The game will load for 30+ seconds. WTF? All you have to do is restart the player’s position, but instead it seems to reload the entire game.
      To make matters worse, the game immediately starts stuttering again once the loading is done. It’s like you just wasted half a minute waiting for nothing because the game clearly hasn’t probably loaded everything yet.
    • FOV. Things in this game truly screw up big time if you set the FOV at any value that’s not the default one. Things like your camera glitching into the wrong seat while driving, fps dropping to around 5-10 while looking down particular weapon sights, and the screen endlessly zooming into the ground at some occasions.
    • Co-Op, though a lot of fun, is crushed by frequent Uplay server crashes and desyncs. (Just yesterday, I got insta-killed by an invisible truck that hit me. That sort of things.)

• @Rickvs:

Number #1 problem for me was most definitely mouse acceleration. Thank god that got fixed last patch. Now I get to attempt to fix incredibly frequent CPU stuttering.

The problem I feel is that Far Cry 4 is your typical Ubisoft PC port that lacked any kind of attention and thorough testing.
    I mean, problems like the stutters and mouse acceleration would have only taken 5 minutes of testing to encounter, yet apparently the people at Ubisoft said “Yep, seems good. Upload and sell it, guys!”.

Here’s a list of problems I’ve encountered (some may already have been fixed by now, not that’s an acceptable excuse though):

• Mouse acceleration. Could, up to now, NOT be turned off completely in ANY way but extracting the game’s .dat files, manually editing the source code and then re-pack.
    • Constant stuttering. Definitely at its worst and absolutely non-playable state when driving around or using something fast like a glider, but also appears at even the slowest crouching speeds. Ridiculous.
      About 50% of this problem can be fixed by, you guessed it, manual file editing.
    • Absurdly long loading screens. Fast travel? Takes 10 seconds of reading next to useless game tips while the game is loading up the new area. Dying and respawning in the very same area? The game will load for 30+ seconds. WTF? All you have to do is restart the player’s position, but instead it seems to reload the entire game.
      To make matters worse, the game immediately starts stuttering again once the loading is done. It’s like you just wasted half a minute waiting for nothing because the game clearly hasn’t probably loaded everything yet.
    • FOV. Things in this game truly screw up big time if you set the FOV at any value that’s not the default one. Things like your camera glitching into the wrong seat while driving, fps dropping to around 5-10 while looking down particular weapon sights, and the screen endlessly zooming into the ground at some occasions.
    • Co-Op, though a lot of fun, is crushed by frequent Uplay server crashes and desyncs. (Just yesterday, I got insta-killed by an invisible truck that hit me. That sort of things.)

sounds like a terrible experience

why would anyone buy this

• I really loved FC3. Luckily I had no cash or I woulda pre-ordered FC4. I’ll still buy it eventually since it seems like they’re doing a decent job patching it up.

• Everyone buying any piece of shit alpha game released as a full ‘experience’ because “they will patch it” is contributing to the cancer in this industry and should just find another hobby to ruin.

• @dudeface:

I really loved FC3. Luckily I had no cash or I woulda pre-ordered FC4.

I really loved FC1. Good times, a true singleplayer gem.

• @CRUSHED:

I really loved FC1. Good times, a true singleplayer gem.

i didnt like getting shot through tents all that much

nice and big maps tho

• Far Cry 1 is good until you have to fight the mutant monkeys.

• Never experienced the mouse accel issue since I just bought it last Friday. Stuttering and unplayable lag only happened to me once after playing for several hours, and was fixed by restarting the game. I honestly haven’t had a lot of gripes other than needing to install Uplay.