VAC bans.

• @Hand:

lul, was checking out the discussions, one of the banned said to look at his vids as proof hes innocent. Somethings fishy bout his dub axe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=X0jVi0eVE2I&list=UU9nXRhH-kxUjdEZaemPRX1Q#t=492

Something? That’s obvious speedhack. Not talking about footspeed because giant slayers makes it harder to judge but his dubaxe and zwei are swinging way too fast. Weapon switch is too fast too.

His longsword is as fast as claymore at the start of the video too.

• They were banned because they hack. Good to see VAC has updated.

• @lemonater47:

Lol. What hacks does it find now.

I don’t know the particulars. Glad it’s working though. Excited to see which players in my region bite it.

• Global Moderator

Yea VAC probably picked the stupid chase mech and mistook that joke as a speed hack

• @Lilboots:

Yea VAC probably picked the stupid chase mech and mistook that joke as a speed hack

Especially when the chase mech accidentally activates while running towards someone who’s just standing there looking at you.

• @Lilboots:

@MrGrumps:

Especially when the chase mech accidentally activates while running towards someone who’s just standing there looking at you.

Lol, VAC bans look for modified client files, it has nothing to do with the core game itself.

• @Rickvs:

Lol, VAC bans look for modified client files, it has nothing to do with the core game itself.

which means overclock speedhacks work just fine

• @Rickvs:

If you have customized your ini file for keybinds - you banned !

• Stop speculating and get educated.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Anti-Cheat#Design

Modifying .ini files or installing cosmetic mods will not get you banned. Game mechanics will not get you banned either. Stop being dumb.

• @Kreittis:

Stop speculating and get educated.

Modifying .ini files or installing cosmetic mods will not get you banned. Game mechanics will not get you banned either. Stop being dumb.

But it’s fun! Come! Be dumb with us!

Dare to be stupid.

• @Oy:

Dare to be stupid.

born to be dumb

• Easy, simplified way of telling what kind of file edits might get you into trouble is:

File in My Documents folder -> Good to go.
    File in Program Files folder -> Edit at own risk.

• @Oy:

Dare to be stupid.

k.

ooga booga i bet maul is buged and gives u vac banes

• Don’t you feel better now that’s it’s all out of your system? Personally I don’t spin or feint cause I don’t wanna risk vac ban.

• @Kreittis:

Stop speculating and get educated.

ok must be sprinting while spinning that did it - that definitely uses something from program files

• Probably hackers. From what I’ve heard, the game has been on sale quite frequently, which means a lot more people have bought the game… and instead of learning how to git gud, they installed some hacks.

Or maybe they were running a completely unrelated program in the background that VAC recognized as a “hack” and thought they should be banned. That’s also been known to happen.

• @Jon:

Probably hackers. From what I’ve heard, the game has been on sale quite frequently, which means a lot more people have bought the game… and instead of learning how to git gud, they installed some hacks.

Or maybe they were running a completely unrelated program in the background that VAC recognized as a “hack” and thought they should be banned. That’s also been known to happen.

Some people also activate hacks just to test things and still get banned
    Happened to my clan mate. He used speedhack in his own lan crypt server just to see what the bonuses are for each class.
    Got VAC’d for that.

• obvious hacker ^

• @MrGrumps:

Some people also activate hacks just to test things and still get banned
    Happened to my clan mate. He used speedhack in his own lan crypt server just to see what the bonuses are for each class.
    Got VAC’d for that.

Why did your clanmate have VAC enabled in “LAN server”? Obvious excuse tbh.

Natural selection, I’ll say. Natural selection.

• @Kreittis:

Why did your clanmate have VAC enabled in “LAN server”? Obvious excuse tbh.

Natural selection, I’ll say. Natural selection.

I don’t know, it might not have been a LAN server, but it was definitely a listen server he created where no one else could join.

And I don’t know the full story either so it’ll always be open to interpretation, but since he’s a friend, didn’t use the speedhack to harm multiplayer gameplay, didn’t complain and bought the game again on a different account, I’d rather keep my faith.