Noob Question About Dragging Legitimacy

• Dragging is legit, unless you use Messer. Then you’re a dishonorable fool. Because it desyncs.

• Dragging and feinting are a part of the game and the sooner you drop all pretenses of “honor” and just do what it takes to kill your opponent, the sooner you’ll get good.

• Legit, but remember; “With great power comes great responsibility”.
    For every drag and combo that you continue, the de-sync will rise up and up until all swing animations break and ghost swings are rampant.

Will you be prepared for the back-lash? the hate? Will you be responsible for your own actions and ultimately… your own demise?

• Legit, but the real question is: Backwards/reverse attacks, are they legit or not? I very much doubt that Torn Banner purposely implemented those.

• It’s legit, core skill. Feinting too.

You will see people complain about it, nobody likes completely unfair bullshit. But you have to do it.

Personally I think reverse overhead is OP and stupid. You get your hardest hitting ability to hit far faster than designed.

Something like overheads should do very little damage until near the end of release phase, whereas stabs and slashes should do very very little damage at the end of release phase.

Imagine taking a 6 foot sword or whatever, swinging it at arms length as slow as possible, and when you’ve swung it around 180 degrees super super super slowly, you try to kill a person with it…

Or pick up a sledge hammer, draw it way back behind your head and start to swing it, picture how little damage it does when you first start to bring it down, but how much you have at the end.

• Can’t say I appreciate drags but fights would be boring without. I’d just disarm them: getting rid of a) reverse overheads and b) ridiculous slowmotion swings.

• @Rinimand:

Based on this thread I went and watched a video about dragging (http://youtu.be/uBXD6UxgPs8) and tried it last night for the first time. I now OWN the bots in offline play.

I don’t think you need to drag against bots - they are not that smart.

• @Loaf:

Legit, but the real question is: Backwards/reverse attacks, are they legit or not? I very much doubt that Torn Banner purposely implemented those.

Of course, it spices up combat and not really hard to deal with.

• Global Moderator

How i have always seen it. You require one; either feinting or drags or it’ll be a trade fest going no where until stam gone. I will always drag before resorting to a lowly feint. Hue hue

• Dragging is what makes this game. One of the hints during loading between battles is “control weapon swing by using R stick”… without that control this game would be like every other fighting game.

• This post is deleted!