Thrusting dagger is actually op

• now theres some people who can read norse feints with shield, but thrusting dagger stab animation with kite shield maa. now thats something very weird. nobody uses it apart from my tard friend toshiro but he did and i got a bit rekt and a bit mad and now this thread is a thing.

the feint window/stabwindup/human reaction time is non-existent

halp

• @Rekrab:

now theres some people who can read norse feints with shield, but thrusting dagger stab animation with kite shield maa. now thats something very weird. nobody uses it apart from my tard friend toshiro but he did and i got a bit rekt and a bit mad and now this thread is a thing.

halp

I’m guessing this is only a problem in a duel. What setup are you using against him?

• I’ve done it before, it’s pretty absurd. The animation borrows the sword animations, allowing you to extend the stab attack far forward. It’s only useful in duel, and even then can be countered by players who use reach and footwork well.

• Thrusting dagger is better than shortsword in other modes than duel as well, you basically always land your overheads in the opponents face, meaning you deal the damage of shortsword stabs while having faster combos and ripostes while the recoveries are shorter so you don’t have to CftP most of the time.

• @Xylvion:

Thrusting dagger is better than shortsword in other modes than duel as well, you basically always land your overheads in the opponents face, meaning you deal the damage of shortsword stabs while having faster combos and ripostes while the recoveries are shorter so you don’t have to CftP most of the time.

I think he’s talking only about the kite (heater*) + thrusting combo, which is far more gimmicky than a thrusting dagger without shield. Otherwise the thrusting can be a viable alternative to short sword

• MAA has kite shield now? Good lord, how long was I asleep?

• @Rekrab:

now theres some people who can read norse feints with shield, but thrusting dagger stab animation with kite shield maa. now thats something very weird. nobody uses it apart from my tard friend toshiro but he did and i got a bit rekt and a bit mad and now this thread is a thing.

halp

ive trolled with that in duel servers b4

it was fun nobody could deal with it

• I think puma made a video of him playing duels with buckler+hunting dagger a while back. (WAiting for kreittis to post a link cause I’m lazy)

• @Xylvion:

I think puma made a video of him playing duels with buckler+hunting dagger a while back. (WAiting for kreittis to post a link cause I’m lazy)

This one. It was originally my idea and we switched to heater + thrusting at one point since being always out of stamina, thanks to buckler, was not that much fun.

It doesn’t really count because it’s against duel baddies, kinda like my fork LMB video.

• What fov is that? My eyes hurt.

• I believe he plays at 154.

• maa with shield is pretty dumb in most set ups though. If you’re referring to archer and daggar… can be easily beaten. Just use a 1 hit kill archer weapon and boom it’s over. Maa with it stands more of a chance but can still easily be beaten. Shield and daggar is interesting but as i said maa shield setups are pretty powerful and dumb. Morninstar and shield is ridiculously stupid.

• @Kreittis:

This one.

Competitive players play in fishbowls lol. Looks like crap but hey whatever gives you the edge.

• “Competitive”