Belmez

• So the masons can just catapult you while you are in spawn (push cart stage).

Whats up with that.

• The map is just terrible with many reasons including that one. I’m just glad that POS isn’t played competitively.

• I like it.

• If votes won’t go through I just leave the server, I don’t leave maps like coldfront, bazaar and citadel. Belmez takes a price and even makes the last 30 meters of battlegrounds feel like a dream.
    Don’t get me wrong, the map looks gorgeous, just like castle assault, but the gameplay is awful.

• I enjoy Belmez in a “Oh god, why are there so many bottomless pits everywhere” sort of way. It tries to do things differently compared to other maps and for that I congratulate it. It may have some problems but I still enjoy it for being a fun pub level.

• Leaving spawn helps.

• I didn’t even know there was a catapult in that stage.

• @Kreittis:

I didn’t even know there was a catapult in that stage.

it’s the one from the previous stage that opens up a hole in the tower. I never thought about doing that. thanks for the heads up, greg! :P

• @dudeface:

Leaving spawn helps.

Easier said than done, I got killed by it, respawned, moved and then saw 3 spawning people killed by it.

@LongSun:

it’s the one from the previous stage that opens up a hole in the tower. I never thought about doing that. thanks for the heads up, greg! :P

You are welcome

• People don’t like Belmez now?
    Community, make up your minds.

• @Skindiacus:

People don’t like Belmez now?

nobody said that

make your mind up about wanting bots or not.

• @gregcau:

make your mind up about wanting bots or not.

Wait, what? I do want bots, I never said I didn’t.

• belmez is the best new map imo. all the siege weapons should be removed. only the kickable ladders should stay.

• I like the map OK abut hard to say it is the best when there are some really great maps out there that so few know about. Belmez just needs to turn the ladders into smooth steps so that they are not jerky or if the devs added climbing animations, even better

• @Skindiacus:

People don’t like Belmez now?

Belmez is pretty good, but it’s no Dark Forest.

People need to stop adding siege weapons to their maps in my opinion. They either make the map extremely tedious (Citadel, Coldfront) or create issues with spawns being attacked (belmez, stoneshill). Only ones that do it right are Dark Forest and Battlegrounds.

• @LTTLWLF:

Only ones that do it right are Dark Forest and Battlegrounds.

yeah but the catapult in battlegrounds shouldnt have been in the map, it causes way too much teamkills.

• I like it!

• @J-D:

yeah but the catapult in battlegrounds shouldnt have been in the map, it causes way too much teamkills.

Siege weapons on every map cause loads of TD regardless, but their placement in Battlegrounds is spot on. Ballistas far enough on the fringe to make it useful only at certain points, while the cata works best for flushing out archers, and is positioned to take advantage of that.

• @LTTLWLF:

Siege weapons on every map cause loads of TD regardless, but their placement in Battlegrounds is spot on. Ballistas far enough on the fringe to make it useful only at certain points, while the cata works best for flushing out archers, and is positioned to take advantage of that.

This is because of the design and function of the catas. AOC catas, you were not actually mounted to it. You could accurately adjust and aim it, fire it and then fight over possession without being blinded or limited to the view of being mounted to it. Thus bad game design when we already had something that worked and functioned almost perfectly in AOC the Chiv catas are no improvement. In AOC I could aim and put a fiery catapult ball in a window. I could steal it, turn is 360 degress against the enemy, aim it straight down and do a suicide or jump up as it was fired and kill everyone around the cata. Much lulz. Miss those I tell you and they would be a massive improvement by changing those models out along with function.

• @Retsnom:

This is because of the design and function of the catas. AOC catas, you were not actually mounted to it. You could accurately adjust and aim it, fire it and then fight over possession without being blinded or limited to the view of being mounted to it. Thus bad game design when we already had something that worked and functioned almost perfectly in AOC the Chiv catas are no improvement. In AOC I could aim and put a fiery catapult ball in a window. I could steal it, turn is 360 degress against the enemy, aim it straight down and do a suicide or jump up as it was fired and kill everyone around the cata. Much lulz. Miss those I tell you and they would be a massive improvement by changing those models out along with function.

Not understanding the difference in CMW. You can turn the catapult against their own in CMW, not blinded due to finally getting the fix, what is the difference?

Oh you saying you could instant fire it and then defend - meh sounds like a hack rather than a feature.