Seriously - Fix the hit trading

• I know there are other threads on this, but it needs to be front and center and needs to be addressed immediately. Tornbanner - everyone is complaining about the constant hit trades in our voice coms. Like it needs to be top priority. The messer is just stupid and is ruining the game.

• Hit trades > Flinch in Release imo.
    But let’s not start that discussion all over again, it’s just how I personally feel about it.

The game could do with an original way to handle this. cough first hit flinch is awesome cough

• Do something about that cough buddy. Everyone is catching it.

• Yes, implement first hit flinch or something already. I’m getting tired of wasting all of my stamina FTPing or getting hit trade forced by messer/maul/greatsword scum.

• Bring back untouchable flinch-machine maa, you mean.

But seriously, both kind of suck. There needs to be a compromise. Thinking back, the old flinch system where you got flinched in release if sprinting or getting hit for >= 80 damage could work with modifications. Like 60 damage, or something.

• FHF would require a rework of wind up values on tons of weapons. Almost all 1h’s, Spear LMB, Fork, Claymore for starters… I mean it’d be worth it, but I don’t see TBS doing that themselves. At best, we’d have to test and configure the values ourselves and then send it to TBS.

• @a:

FHF would require a rework of wind up values on tons of weapons. Almost all 1h’s, Spear LMB, Fork, Claymore for starters… I mean it’d be worth it, but I don’t see TBS doing that themselves. At best, we’d have to test and configure the values ourselves and then send it to TBS.

AKA mercs mod

• @Kim:

AKA mercs mod

The way Mercs mod does it just flat out obsoletes a lot of the 1h’ers imo. Maybe I’ll have to play it again.

• @a:

The way Mercs mod does it just flat out obsoletes a lot of the 1h’ers imo. Maybe I’ll have to play it again.

Only class that uses 1h primarily is MAA, and they still have the major footspeed and dodge advantage. They’re still faster than most 2h.

• This thread is ridiculous Mystikal you are literally currently one of the worst players in this game when it comes to parrying skills, everyone and their mother knows you dodge out of every state and instantly queue up an attack regardless of what your opponent is doing. Its the most disgusting caveman thing Ive ever seen and this isnt a personal flame but its the truth, you hardly ever parry and everyone in the competitive scene will agree with me on this. Want a solution? stop trading, it takes 2 people to trade, if you trade hits as a maa its YOUR fault too. dodge away and parry, this thread is total nonsense. I have 0 problem with hit trades and I very rarely do trade hits, I ftp whenever available instead of hit trading. Hit trades are avoidable in MOST situations, the inevitable hit trade happens when both are in facehug range when the feint window has passed, but other than that, its not as often as you make it out to be for everyone, just for you because you hardly ever parry.

Also hit trading has only become a problem because its the caveman gambling era who try to get quick kills and refuse to read feints and purposely trade, those cavemen are easy to beat by just parrying and riposting, hit trading is NOT a problem.

• @Noobstomper:

This thread is ridiculous Mystikal you are literally currently one of the worst players in this game when it comes to parrying skills, everyone and their mother knows you dodge out of every state and instantly queue up an attack regardless of what your opponent is doing. Its the most disgusting caveman thing Ive ever seen and this isnt a personal flame but its the truth, you hardly ever parry and everyone in the competitive scene will agree with me on this. Want a solution? stop trading, it takes 2 people to trade, if you trade hits as a maa its YOUR fault too. dodge away and parry, this thread is total nonsense. I have 0 problem with hit trades and I very rarely do trade hits, I ftp whenever available instead of hit trading. Hit trades are avoidable in MOST situations, the inevitable hit trade happens when both are in facehug range when the feint window has passed, but other than that, its not as often as you make it out to be for everyone, just for you because you hardly ever parry.

Also hit trading has only become a problem because its the caveman gambling era who try to get quick kills and refuse to read feints and purposely trade, those cavemen are easy to beat by just parrying and riposting, hit trading is NOT a problem.

You mad bro?

Tyrannis who mains messer/maul has no problem with hit trades? Surprising. Still mad I whooped you in the duel server?

• Are you mentally challenged? I haven’t played with the messer or maul for quite a bit, Ive been playing sow/vanguard, and herp derp i dont have problems with trades because I don’t trade, I actually know how to parry, which is why i excel in tournaments and you don’t. gratz on a public duel server dodging out of every state to continuously heal while dodging, get over yourself lol you killed me one time in a duel server, as if duels matter.

• To be fair Tyrannis, and this is just from a duel point of view, so not totally relevant, but we dueled about 20-30 times the other day, and you either hit traded me or feint stabbed me with the SoW on almost every successful strike.

Don’t get me wrong, you are great, and you know how to work the system better than anyone, but you definitely hit traded me a shit ton.

And it is not like I was second to hit, most often I was first in the trade, by noticeable amounts.

So yeah you definitely trade. Im sure you just do it when you know you have more health, so its strategic or whatever, but trades were happening in almost every fight.

• Tyrannis, you are right I sucked that half of the match. Came top of my team in the first round I believe. But what you probably don’t realize is that I was out partying quite hard the night before with a bunch of hotties and was hungover and h*gh as shit during the match. I don’t usually take this game that serious… I pick getting laid over playing playing games. you can ask my clannies, i’ve shown them plenty of the chicks i’ve hooked up with… would put you to shame i’m sure.

plus I was playing attacking on stoneshill against 2 messers an brandi and bigs… and this tourney was right after the hit trade patch went in so I hadn’t adjusted at all (I hadn’t been playing much those days and would get hit traded when normally I wouldn’t). I can pull out a bunch of screenshots if you’d like as well… not sure why you feel the need to attack. just pointing out that the hit trades are crazy these days and pretty much everyone agrees.

• In public duel servers where theres a fountain that heals you maybe sure yeah why not hit trade in that setting, in a team setting where health matters, i dont go around hittrading everyone, its a terrible playstyle to crutch on and it gets you killed in team engagements every single time

• Nobody agrees with you myst, and getting laid and playing chivalry is so irrelevant it hurts my brain how you would even bring that subject up, if you trade hits its your fault. Success isnt measured by how cool you are mate, but clearly being an adult isnt your forte, getting drunk/high and partying, very important part to being successful in life. Plus youre on this game for thousands of hours so 10/10 reasoning there

• bring fhf remove dodging while parrying
    pls reward careful play more

• trading is too effective imo

• @CRUSHED:

hit trades are bad and dumb down the game

there are way too many trade tactics to call hit trading a bad playstyle, its broken lol

someone is 1htk away from death? trade

send one knight with messer in scrims to constantly yolo the enemys spawn and get atleast 2-3 slash trades off to bring people onto low hp and respawn in time

trading is so effective its retarded

its so effective that even archers trade

• @zombojoe:

its so effective that even archers trade

got no flinch when changing weapons? perfect opportunity to trade