Server not Starting or Binding Ports

• I’m setting up my server and am having a lot of issues with it. In another post we found that the server must be started with UDKGame.exe and not UDK.exe to even start. Now I just get a bunch of errors and the server won’t bind the ports or start. I used “netstat -a” to verify that the ports weren’t being bound. I’m still trying to figure this out but hopefully someone will have some insight.

Commandline:

UDKGame.exe AOCTD-Moor_p?steamsockets -seekfreeloadingserver -multihome=xx.xx.xx.xx -Port=7777 -QueryPort=27015 -maxplayers=24

System Specs:
    i7 quad @ 2.2GHz
    4GB DDR3
    Integrated Intel HD 3000 series graphics
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64

• http://support.ipswitch.com/kb/WSK-19980701-EM04.htm seems to be the error you’re getting. Are you sure your multi-home IP is correct?

Also you’re going to want to re-read my post in the other thread …
    @b3h47pte:

Yes, we disabled logging to prevent harddrives from filling up with logs.
    If you want logging you can use the UDKLogging.exe instead.

UDK.exe works fine, use UDKLogging.exe is you really want to.

• @b3h47pte:

http://support.ipswitch.com/kb/WSK-19980701-EM04.htm seems to be the error you’re getting. Are you sure your multi-home IP is correct?

Also you’re going to want to re-read my post in the other thread …
    @b3h47pte:

Yes, we disabled logging to prevent harddrives from filling up with logs.
    If you want logging you can use the UDKLogging.exe instead.

UDK.exe works fine, use UDKLogging.exe is you really want to.

I tried the same commandline on the server machine and it appears to be working. This may just be related to my Win 7 system. I’ll look into what’s going on with the IP address.

I still haven’t been able to get UDK.exe or UDKLogging.exe to work. I have read every post and I know that these two executables should work for me but they simply don’t. Now that I have a server somewhat working I can start to work on getting it to work with those executables.

Thank you for all of the assistance, hopefully I’ll get all of this worked out soon.

• I don’t know what changed but UDK.exe and UDKLogging.exe works now and we now have our server working properly. It is normal for UDK.exe to be empty, apparently disabled logging also means console logging. The Steam browser and PHP query scripts will verify the server is working even with an empty console.