How do I make a bot feint and attack?

• I’ve tried various things with Kismet and scripts but I can’t seem to get the bot to do anything. He just stands there. I’m not very familiar with modding, and I just wanted to do something quick with Chivalry. I also need it to be a perfect feint, but I’m content with any advice you can give me. I’ll probably have to figure out a way to simulate lag, but that’s for another day.

Normally I wouldn’t ask something like this but usually there are a ton of resources for what I’m trying to do. Not so much with a smaller game like Chivalry.

• Maybe have a look at the “training” map. there is a lot of bot stuff in kismet.

• Whoa whoa, you can change bot behavior with Kismet?

Idea is beginning to form.

• @KingJoff:

Maybe have a look at the “training” map. there is a lot of bot stuff in kismet.

Thanks! I’ll definitely look into that.

@Skindiacus:

Whoa whoa, you can change bot behavior with Kismet?

Idea is beginning to form.

I don’t know if you can. I just saw something like combot bot perform feint. I don’t know what else it would be used for besides performing a feint though.

• You can do that with scripts but if you have little experience it won’t be so quick. I suggest extending from the ai bot script and overwrite the functions you need.

• Crypt bots feint, they just dont follow up with an attack.

• @Hordy:

You can do that with scripts but if you have little experience it won’t be so quick. I suggest extending from the ai bot script and overwrite the functions you need.

Yeah, that’s what I was trying to do with scripts. Good to know I was at least doing something right.

• Look at the kismet in my grail ffa old style duel map…. or the bit kismet in irilla… bith of the have bit feint commands