Can we get some sort of Racism filter?

• I’ve seen it done it many games before. So Chivalry isn’t out of the question when I ask (or many of us ask) if we get a filter that auto kicks (or something of that nature) anyone who types out any racist slang. This would include anyone with racist names. I can’t tell you how many times I get into game to see the names “Fu** You Nier", “Ben ‘Gas the Kik*s’ Garrison”, "Niers Will Burn”, or anything of the sort as an “ACCEPTABLE” name. And NO the vote kick doesn’t work more than half the time because this is a horrid community that likes to see these trolls keep getting away with their BS. I’m not sorry for saying this, and it something that needs to be brought to light. When you actually do go to vote kick them? All they type out is some of the most vulgar hate slang I’ve ever seen, and they don’t get kicked. Now most of you would just tell me to turn off my chat. Well, no, that’s not going to happen. If I do that I can’t communicate with my team or see what they’re trying to tell me. I shouldn’t have to turn my chat off over racism. That alone tells you how bad racism is if people have to turn off their chats.

• the community is funny and horrid, that’s why I love this game. get over it or leave if you don’t like it please.

• There was no black people in Europe during medieval times and thus there was no racism.

• No warning bans solve this problem.

But it yeah a filter would be nice. Then again this game is severely lacking in server/admin support features.

• @xXx_NicCage_xXx:

There was no black people in Europe during medieval times and thus there was no racism.

omg youre right

but what about that robin hood movie with morgan freeman

are you telling me that was all a lie?

• Are you trying to restrict my freedoms?

• @FoamNinja:

I’ve seen it done it many games before. So Chivalry isn’t out of the question when I ask (or many of us ask) if we get a filter that auto kicks (or something of that nature) anyone who types out any racist slang. This would include anyone with racist names. I can’t tell you how many times I get into game to see the names “Fu** You Nier", “Ben ‘Gas the Kik*s’ Garrison”, "Niers Will Burn”, or anything of the sort as an “ACCEPTABLE” name. And NO the vote kick doesn’t work more than half the time because this is a horrid community that likes to see these trolls keep getting away with their BS. I’m not sorry for saying this, and it something that needs to be brought to light. When you actually do go to vote kick them? All they type out is some of the most vulgar hate slang I’ve ever seen, and they don’t get kicked. Now most of you would just tell me to turn off my chat. Well, no, that’s not going to happen. If I do that I can’t communicate with my team or see what they’re trying to tell me. I shouldn’t have to turn my chat off over racism. That alone tells you how bad racism is if people have to turn off their chats.

Racism may be “stupid”, but think about the precedent you’re setting by censoring a point of view. Just because a point of view isn’t popular, or is generally accepted as wrong, doesn’t mean the minority that support it should be suppressed. If that’s the case, any minority with an unpopular PoV could be suppressed (i.e. environmentalists in U.S. c.1970). The principle must be upheld, for better or for worse.

• Well… what will you come up with next a joke filter also? Even comedians can’t tell a good old joke nowdays
    without some over sensitive borg complaining. You can disable chat I think in Chivalry. Lets not even start
    about the frozen chip factory policies regarding the west and how its viewed other regimes who don’t even
    allow free speech or woman’s rights, let alone play some video game online.

• An anti-slashing-nub-tker-filter might be more useful… Racism filter… You’re on the Internet, don’t try to restrict my freedom man, and more importantly, let the good trolls like me piss off gullible butthurt kids. They take it so seriously everytime I say a joke or taunt them. It’s so funny. It’s a shame if you take seriously every “racist” name, every fucking joke on the chat.

• @xXx_NicCage_xXx:

There was no black people in Europe during medieval times and thus there was no racism.

http://afroeurope.blogspot.com/2010/08/history-of-black-people-in-europe.html

• OP, is this like your first multiplayer pvp game or something?

We should also get some murderer filter because murders offend me.

EDIT: Oh wait, what about a swear filter? This is a family friendly game after all and swearing offends me.

• The reality is most of the try hard people playing are dick heads and like to talk about **** and racism as it turns them on to do it on the internet. Mainstream games have filters but I guess it was not a priority, perhaps for CMW 2 if they look for a broader audience.

I guess the forums are full of these people - certainly it seems to be the rank 48+ that are the worst offenders. Kids play the game too but not that they care. Personally whatever doesnt offend me but I can see why the game should have a filter. Oh look the forum has a filter… but not the game, go figure…

• @parkrangerstan:

Racism may be “stupid”, but think about the precedent you’re setting by censoring a point of view. Just because a point of view isn’t popular, or is generally accepted as wrong, doesn’t mean the minority that support it should be suppressed. If that’s the case, any minority with an unpopular PoV could be suppressed (i.e. environmentalists in U.S. c.1970). The principle must be upheld, for better or for worse.

Racism isn’t accepted in society. People only do it in game because they have the safety of being behind a keyboard. Yet 95% of them wouldn’t dare be racist in any other situation.

• These arguments in support of racism are pretty dumb. Grow up, find some clever way to joke if you’re legitimately not just a kid trying to be an internet edgelord.

• @lemonater47:

Racism isn’t accepted in society. People only do it in game because they have the safety of being behind a keyboard. Yet 95% of them wouldn’t dare be racist in any other situation.

where i come from people are racist all the time

check your privilege gwailo

i still dont see why anyone should be bothered tbh, if strangers on the internet are upsetting you with words you got better things to do

• @zombojoe:

if strangers on the internet are upsetting you with words you got better things to do

If they are 16+ it doesnt matter much but younger people play and they should not be subjected to the members of this forum twirling dancing, trolling their hate speech just because they are sitting in their moms basement and are trying to get a reaction, any reaction because they have so little interaction in their lives.

Having said that most of it goes over their heads and they ignore it, it is the older people and those with an education that get a little sick of those idiots.

• The level of whining about words is so saddening in our world today. I hate to break it to you but words have no meaning or power unless you give them power and meaning. People are so hyper sensitive and so easily offended. They are a sissified open wounds waiting for the salt to be rubbed in it. Even worse is that anything can and is considered racist. But most of these easily offended douche nuggets have no clue about what real racism is.

Real racism is the believe that one race is superior to another, that you prejudge because of someone’s race and you have the power of force to apply discrimination.

The problems with some idiot ranting in chat, racist comments are that they have no idea what anyone’s race is in game and they also have no power of force to apply any discrimination.

Sadly even fewer understand why in America there is a protected right to free speech, specially unpopular speech. These people are the first to censor speech, to control what you say, do and think. Yet what happens when what you think and say becomes unpopular or socially/politically incorrect? Should you be punished and banned because you think differently than other people? Maybe we should just round you all up in concentration camps and if that doesn’t work, maybe we can just exterminate you.

“If everyone just thought as I did, we would all get along….” Well I guess we can force them to do it.

I dont think anyone is defending racism, that is a dumb argument and intellectually dishonest. If you are easily offended there are many things you can do besides crying on the forums and demanding actions that fit your delicate sensitive nature, just a few and not in any order.
    1. Disable chat
    2. Mute player - if that option still exists
    3. vote kick
    4. find a different server
    5. play a different game
    6. speak up and state your case why they are stupid and wrong - this requires intelligence and intestinal fortitude
    7. ignore it.
    9. join a sensitive clan that will cater to your needs. wants and desires.
    10. get, pay and admin your own server - requires money, a job, and the desire not to sponge off of other people’s servers for your good time.
    11. find a TeamSpeak 3 server, clan TS3, or heaven forbid, pay for and admin your own.
    12. Get over it.
    13. get a sense of humor
    14. Quit trying to force others into your way of thinking.

In other words, Be your own racism filter. Don’t like something, move along.

• @gregcau:

If they are 16+ it doesnt matter much but younger people play and they should not be subjected to the members of this forum twirling dancing, trolling their hate speech just because they are sitting in their moms basement and are trying to get a reaction, any reaction because they have so little interaction in their lives.

well i mean chiv is an 18+ so

• Content filters? Really? We’re so sensitive these days that we can’t be our own content filters? You’re an adult, ignore it. Life is full of sounds, feelings, emotions, sights, tastes and smells that are unpleasant. Seriously grow the hell up. Fuck…

I saw this soccer mom bitch, oxycontin-popping hoe buying her little kid, who couldn’t have been any older than 8, an “M” rated game. This mom will likely then bitch about how video games are horribly violent and that they should be banned.

• @Retsnom:

Sadly even fewer understand why in America there is a protected right to free speech, specially unpopular speech.

You should probably educate yourself on how freedom of speech actually works and what is and isn’t protected.