The warhammer- underrated and under appreciated

• One of the least commonly used weapons, most players call it trash tier and don’t take the time to learn how to make it work. If you learn how to work around it’s lack of reach it can actually be very devastating to knights and vans. I’ve found it’s one of the best weapons out there for body feints. Experienced players who usually don’t fall for them seem to regularly get got with them and the slow release and high damage is especially helpful in this regard.

• It was pretty fun to use on that shield wall server lol. Knights and shields only. So you’re up against everyone else using swords and the occasional flail. The warhammer is like the best weapon.

• Meh. Only reason I consider the Home Depot Hammer to not be complete trash tier is because enemies have never gotten used to it. Same goes for the very few kills I can manage with the Double Axe and occasionally even the Flail.

And that’s even in duel. If you can manage a steady offense, particularly in 1vsmany situations, with the Warhammer then I gotta say “Good for you!” and respect you for it, because I find the absurdly low reach for an already slow class of the Warhammer (and the other weapons stated above) an impossible-to-overcome negative in any situation other than 1vs1. TO in particular.

• Lol home depot hammer. Isn’t that American though? Surely there’s an European home improvement/DIY store. Its the Bunnings hammer here. Because Bunnings is the crap version of Mitre 10.

• The drags are great, people keep falling for them.

• The bunnings hammer suffers from the same issues at the flails. If you’re face hugging the weapons decide to ghost swing through players sometimes resulting in your losing your head and dealing 0 damage to the enemy. Never used to happen. I don’t know why TB removed handle hits for such small weapons. It’s still a fun weapon though. Most players don’t have the patience for any weapon that is remotely challenging and just stick to easy mode. (Messer, brandistock, greatsword, claymore etc etc)

• @lemonater47:

Lol home depot hammer. Isn’t that American though? Surely there’s an European home improvement/DIY store. Its the Bunnings hammer here. Because Bunnings is the crap version of Mitre 10.

American culture spreading around the world like some kind of parasitic being.

The closest big DIY chain I can think of is IKEA but afaik they don’t sell IKEA brand hammers.

Warhammer is not good or “underrated”, why use warhammer when you could use grand mace or maul or even double axe? Shields don’t count because shields are terrible.

• @Tyoson:

The bunnings hammer suffers from the same issues at the flails. If you’re face hugging the weapons decide to ghost swing through players sometimes resulting in your losing your head and dealing 0 damage to the enemy. Never used to happen. I don’t know why TB removed handle hits for such small weapons. It’s still a fun weapon though. Most players don’t have the patience for any weapon that is remotely challenging and just stick to easy mode. (Messer, brandistock, greatsword, claymore etc etc)

I can’t honestly say I’ve experienced a more frequent rate of ghost swings with these weapons as opposed to anything else.

• I’ve never had my warhammer go through people like the flails do, flails seriously need a fix.

@Bio I think I got a few IKEA hammers.

• @Xylvion:

I’ve never had my warhammer go through people like the flails do, flails seriously need a fix.

@Bio I think I got a few IKEA hammers.

I loave the flail when it does register the problem is that so many times you see the weapon pass through opponents. It makes me sad when the flail is having trouble in very close combat where it should really shine. I hope they tweak it so it is more responsive.

• Goddamn hammer got some sick overhead delays, good thing I usually have a longer weapon against this setup.

• you can basically drag the alt overhead which makes it bearded axe length :L

• @Ready:

One of the least commonly used weapons, most players call it trash tier and don’t take the time to learn how to make it work. If you learn how to work around it’s lack of reach it can actually be very devastating to knights and vans. I’ve found it’s one of the best weapons out there for body feints. Experienced players who usually don’t fall for them seem to regularly get got with them and the slow release and high damage is especially helpful in this regard.

I feel like you can say that about most extremely short ranged weapons. Devastating in duels, but tend to fall apart in team fights due to lack of reach.

• It’s a pretty bad weapon. It’s only useful in a strict 1v1 fight against another knight. For anything else it sucks. Good vanguards will use superior movement speed and weapon knockback to keep out of warhammer’s range. MAA’s will press the win button and make it impossible to hit them. You won’t even get close to the archers. And in a group fight it’s too short to allow for target switching, making it very predictable and bad for helping teammates.

• I was pubbing with it a couple weeks ago and I was doing really well, getting a LOT of headsplodes. It was very, very satisfying to dominate people with a Canadian Tire mallet and surprisingly easy. In a scrim or serious match-up I can see why it’s looked at so poorly, but if you’re one of the high rank Rambo players that just runs around killing shit and carrying your team in td/lts then it can be pretty good. Something about headshotting people with a warhammer just makes me all fuzzy inside.

• its good in a limited fashion in scrims, you basically go full caveman with the easy 2 hit kill on knights

just gamble every time and hope your opponent doesnt turn around and force you out of range with the bubble lolz

• Are just the lmbs 2htk or can you 2 shot Knight with overhead headshots as well?

• 2 torso hits with overhead to a knight kills them. ezpz.

• I just crouch and go for the knees. It inspires more fear that way.

• Anything that can 2-shot a knight is good in my book.