A short rant on peasant hats

• I used some sort of loading glitch in the crypts map to make the helmets conflict… and what do I find? The fake mason peasant hat fits perfectly on all agathians, and the real agatha peasant hat works on masons too. (see screens)

I’m not quite sure why the mason peasant hat exists, but I suppose it was for variation or something. Anyway, pls TB make the masons have side flaps like true peasants.

Making them both an option in the customization menu would also work, it would be amazing to use the both hats.

And yes, i’m obsessed

• Come play on Unoffical clasical custom content. It has FFA, TD and LTS Volcano map where you can play as a peasant with a double axe. You’ll love it.

• I prefer the mason ones since they looks like some kind of prototype ushankas.

• @Hitom:

Come play on Unoffical clasical custom content. It has FFA, TD and LTS Volcano map where you can play as a peasant with a double axe. You’ll love it.

Yeah, I’ve already tried that, it’s pretty fun.

• @Kreittis:

I prefer the mason ones since they looks like some kind of prototype ushankas.

I prefer the agathian ones because… well, it’s the hat the peasants wear on stoneshill and it looks better imo

• Stop oppressing my prototype ushankas!

• @Kreittis:

Stop oppressing my prototype ushankas!

Stop resisting the glory of the side flaps!

• they should both be removed.

• @Xylvion:

they should both be removed.

Burn the heretic!

• @Kreittis:

Burn the heretic!

buff torch damage to burn heretics!

• Sodomite!​​​‏

• I’ve decided to stop wearing my peasant hats when the Santa hats are over. I have no classes to use it on. (I don’t play Mason or FFA)
    Archer: It’s glitched
    MAA: eh, I don’t play MAA much
    Vanguard: My skin looks better with no hat
    Knight: His face looks too derpy too be revealed

• agreed! i want the regular peasant hat for mason as well… it’s the main reason i don’t use it on mason. I love the agatha one idk why they are different.

• mason one looks terrible

agathian peasant hats for everyone

• Both of them look fine though, this is a peculiar discussion. I think it’s a good thing they’re different, or else filthy casuals will complain even more about lack of diversity between teammates’ and enemies’ outfits as an excuse to teamkill.

Btw, I believe the hat on Archer at least has been fixed; no more clipping.

• The only problem with the peasant hat is that it isn’t filthy enough.

• @Rickvs:

Both of them look fine though, this is a peculiar discussion. I think it’s a good thing they’re different, or else filthy casuals will complain even more about lack of diversity between teammates’ and enemies’ outfits as an excuse to teamkill.

Btw, I believe the hat on Archer at least has been fixed; no more clipping.

They do look fine, but that’s why I said it would be nice to have an option for both of them, to give more choice in the matter. As for casuals…. I don’t see why it would be so hard to learn the colors/models, it’s just a brown hat.

A very special one

• @Evilsouls:

I don’t see why it would be so hard to learn the colors/models

Vanguard “no helmet” option was disabled because people were so dumb they couldn’t tell what team they were on.
    Because the only difference between agatha vanguard and mason vanguard is the helmet, if you look at the silhouette.

I suspect that this is the reason why mason and agatha have different peasant hats too.

You shall never take my proto-ushanka away.

• Cos your really need to distinguish silhouettes from 2 feet away.

• @Kreittis:

Vanguard “no helmet” option was disabled because people were so dumb they couldn’t tell what team they were on.
    Because the only difference between agatha vanguard and mason vanguard is the helmet, if you look at the silhouette.

I suspect that this is the reason why mason and agatha have different peasant hats too.

You shall never take my proto-ushanka away.

I do remember when the Vanguard no helmet option was taken away, I can understand that certain colors can be misleading… but I still don’t understand why people can be so silly.

Anyway, I just think it would make both parties happy if you could choose which one to use, to the blind eye I don’t think people could tell the difference. Of course I could be completely wrong and I don’t know anything about the mindset of a casual who plays the game for the first time thinking everyone is an enemy when they join a mode called “team objective”, or any other team mode for that matter.

You cannot resist the temptation of using the glorious side flaps… just imagine, a mason archer with the perfect peasant espionage costume.