Brandistock

• Easiest weapon for anyone to do relatively good with in the game, yet is arguably one of the best if not the best team fight weapons. Animations are the worst of any weapon in the entire game, half of the windup is the wep just sitting behind the user, cocked back, impossible to tell at what part of the long stab he is in unless you are constantly looking at it, and even if you do block it, its almost as bad as getting hit in some cases with the way Chivalry: Stamina Warfare (or yellow man juice bar warfare) plays out and the impossibly retarded knock-back values coupled with one of the longest reaches in the game. Why isn’t this removed from the game or at least made useless yet?

Also, thanks for the obvious troll nerf of .05 windup increase on the slash last balance patch, TBS. Like that even made a dent on this easy weapon.

Also anyone notice how brandi users tend to be extremely full of themselves, and when you confront them about using the brandi they never attribute any of their success to the fact that their weapon is extremely broken. Here’s some funny responses i’ve seen:

“Do you have a list of weapons that are okay for me to use?”

“What weapon is not op in your eyes?”

“You mad?”

etc

and then from the rank 20 in the server that is a budding brandicunt, thinks he knows enough about the game to make valuable input with <100 hours

“Brandi isn’t op, nothing is op, this game is completely balanced”

“this guy is just good at the game, and i know because i have lots of experience in the low rank servers, being good myself with the brandistock.”

Seriously haven’t seen a single guy that mains brandi and isn’t an absolute cunt.

I can’t be the only one.

• Funny you mention it, I’ve found that you can basically tell someone’s current mood/arrogance-factor by just looking at how they play with the Brandi.

Mediocre -> Probably doesn’t main it (yet), so has a good attitude.

Above average -> One of the bigger cunts in the game.

It’s actually rather funny considering I asked a rank 37 (I think) to switch to something else a long while ago and then he got destroyed all over. He was constantly trying to copy my playstyle and weapon afterwards but to no avail, then called me a “drag whore” and left.

• So I have been using it lately for the flavor of the month. My thoughts

1. Overhead is relatively quick
    2. Stab is a long distance perhaps beyond the animation

So it is good, but really compared to using a sword it is still lagging behind. There are no combos and once you face it a number of times it becomes predictable.

• I have no idea if this post is actually for discussion or just a rant. Anyways, Brandi is fine. That is all.

• both. how is brandi fine?

• and are you a brandi user by any chance chuck?

• There have been multiple threads concerning the Brandi in the past few months (after the Brandi LMB speed nerf). I think a lot of the high-end players would agree, the Spear is currently “better” than the Brandistock in competitive play due to the fast LMB and still having a good, reliable HTK on the thrust while being notably faster and a smidgeon longer. The Brandistock’s 2 HTK on Knight requires two headshots, which is quite unreliable. Headshotting MAA for an instagib is certainly a nice perk that the Brandi has over Spear, although headshotting the dodge-at-arms isn’t exactly easy.

Brandi is probably the easiest weapon to do well with though. Reading its overhead feints isn’t so bad if you’re under 60 ping until they get in facehug. However, since it has the longest wind up, you can kick or do a fast attack like SoW lmb if they try to chain feint you while closing the distance.

• @Psyfon:

and are you a brandi user by any chance chuck?

SoW Knight Homie. Though in pubs I use Poleaxe, Swole Hammer, and pretty much every other Knight weapon.

Also refer to Truck’s post. Its lack of CFTP makes what it has going for it balanced. The only imba thing was fixed(The slash).

• Brandi is fine. Halberd zwei billhook and spear are all better. Brandi has dogshit feints. Only annoying thing about it is knockback and retard 1 shots on maa.

• I just hate that Shishkabob guy. Him and Kimiko, that’s all they’ve used since launch is the 3 pronged pokey stick.

• Lol, another post wining against brandi.

Brandi animations are fine, a good brandi player hit you by foot work. If you can’t read brandi animations, change game.

Too easy to counter, with sow as knight, spear, swei, halberd as vanguard.

What about halberd animation desynch when you miss the first hit or swei animation. Accelerate stab of sow is funny too, hit before the animation.

Stop wining and play, spend a few hours against a good brandi player and see how it’s easy to counter.

• Lol no, Brandi is easy to counter in either an even matched group fight or when you have some decent reach of your own.

Try fighting the ludicrous knockback of a Brandistock with something like Warhammer or Double Axe and then come back.
    Now try fighting multiple.

• I don’t really care about the brandistock, but it’s a crutch weapon. I’d be happier if I knew that people crutching on it knew they were crutching on it, but I often get the feeling they think they’re doing well because of skills and not brandilolling noobs in the back.

• @Rickvs:

Try fighting the ludicrous knockback of a Brandistock with something like Warhammer or Double Axe and then come back.
    Now try fighting multiple.

Knockback is with brandi OH, you can easily trade. Sure short range isn’t the best way. Read my post again and you will see sow, swei spear or halberd, not warhammer. If you try to counter a brandi with your fist, it’s difficult.

Multiple brandi are invincible, that’s right.

• I fear more a Spear user then a brandisnoob cunt. But that weapon is trully a pain in the ass if its user know what he is doing. Its “b0lonce”, but the animations suck big time, just like the spear. Slash riposte can be fucking invisible with the spear, thats some heavy bullshit imo, everyone falls for it. Not really a windup probblem i think, its more the fucked up animations.

But brandistock is a good weapon for new players, so easy to use in pubs.

• @Vanguard:

I fear more a Spear user then a brandisnoob cunt. But that weapon is trully a pain in the ass if its user know what he is doing. Its “b0lonce”, but the animations suck big time, just like the spear. Slash riposte can be fucking invisible with the spear, thats some heavy bullshit imo, everyone falls for it. Not really a windup probblem i think, its more the fucked up animations.

But brandistock is a good weapon for new players, so easy to use in pubs.

Brandi LMB riposte isn’t scary at all with 60 ping, they just kind of freeze with the brandi tilted and then swing you. Spear LMB truly is just idiotically fast.

• brandi is fun

• Archer is fun as well, getting hit by projectiles isn’t fun though.

• @Xylvion:

Archer is fun as well, getting hit by projectiles isn’t fun though.

i dont know what your saying m8, they are the shining example of balance.

• @a:

Brandi LMB riposte isn’t scary at all with 60 ping, they just kind of freeze with the brandi tilted and then swing you. Spear LMB truly is just idiotically fast.

Yeah, imo brandi is fine if you compare it to the spear. What mostly ggets me killed against a brandi is its overhead drag. But as I said, I think it is a b0lonced weapon just like the spear (the fast-as-fuck slash gets compensated by the low damage it deals), but it could be much better to fight against with some animation polishing…

What TB gotta have in mind is that, imo, some veterans (like myself) got usued to the bullshit animations this game has, so things get “b0lonced”. But think in a noob perspective, things in this game could really use some visual polishing imo.