Unlocking - remember that

• Funny, there are lot of new players (you can tell with 4400 concurrent playing and so many noobs even on non-noob servers).

So the whole unlocking and some poor guy complaining about trying to kill (a high rank haha) with a hatchet as a vanguard.

Makes me think back to the early request of reseting the unlocks. So I propose TBS arbitrarily resets all unlocks so we have to do it all over again.

Would be fun do you not think? Gives you a goal, resets the playing field and adds a little fun.

• I don’t see a need for it as I can use every weapon in game except for the “new” flail.

• Merc mod unlocks all weapons no matter what rank you are.

• Create another account and share the game….

• Perhaps resetting unlocks could be an option.

I wouldn’t want it forced upon us though.

• @gregcau:

So the whole unlocking and some poor guy complaining about trying to kill (a high rank haha) with a hatchet as a vanguard.

If the issue is that a new player doesn’t have access to the same weapons as an old-timer, how much would resetting the unlocks accomplish? Why not instead remove the unlocking system, period? Why shouldn’t everybody have the ability to use all of the weapons at any time?

• Looking back, getting kills with old weapons and then finally unlocking a new one was one of the best experiences I’ve had in Chivalry, but I wouldn’t want to relive it. It’d ruin the feeling of accomplishment, especially so when the reset’d be forced.

On a different note, I’d love to keep unlocking new items. I still want weapons with a slight golden glow after you reach like 5,000 kills with that particular weapon.

• @DaciaJC:

If the issue is that a new player doesn’t have access to the same weapons as an old-timer, how much would resetting the unlocks accomplish? Why not instead remove the unlocking system, period? Why shouldn’t everybody have the ability to use all of the weapons at any time?

I think they should have done this a long time ago.

• @DaciaJC:

Its not about that, I just have fond memories of working on unlocks, it gave meaning to every kill.

• It would be fun, but you have access to the greatsword from the start, so uhhhh.

• Just play pretend and go through em all again.

• @gregcau:

Funny, there are lot of new players (you can tell with 4400 concurrent playing and so many noobs even on non-noob servers).

Makes me think back to the early request of reseting the unlocks. So I propose TBS arbitrarily resets all unlocks so we have to do it all over again.

Would be fun do you not think? Gives you a goal, resets the playing field and adds a little fun.

There used to be a way to reset your unlocks and rank. It was on the old forum. Something about editing an ini file

• @gregcau:

Its not about that, I just have fond memories of working on unlocks, it gave meaning to every kill.

Yeah I was really disappointed when the new weapons did not have to be unlocked. We need achievements and or unlockable skins.

Duke nukem forever had thousands of custom skins that could be unlocked through achievements. Despite the games bad reviews, I really think this is a nifty multiplay feature. Even a few tiny things like different gloves. A little flag on your weapons handle. A badge.

The achievements matched the skins too, like killing 100 players with drunken brawl gave you a beer helmet.

Even without skins I really think some new achievements would be refreshing.

• Unlocking was boring. I just wanted to hurry up and have access to everythinf so I could play whatever I wanted when I wanted. You can pubstomp with any weapon in the game.

• It doesn’t matter if my shit gets reset. Most of the weapons I use are default except for the halberd

• It was a nice experience… back when everything was… fresh.

• Unlocking was the worst part of this game. Everyone should have access to the same weapons.