Finals

| Tempest **vs.**Faucheur | Teripper
    Clay
    | Crush
    StinStin
    | Tempest Duels

|

• @Noobstomper:

That is disgusting, I always knew his recovery time was complete nonsense.

Yeah after watching all of the videos, it’s completely obvious. I had some suspicions about his stamina recovery; now it all makes sense. Anyways, Ninja if you read this, you’re a great player who doesn’t need shitty hacks to be good. Just admit and apologize; come back and play legitimately

• You’re too kind Stan, even without hacks I don’t think many people want him back.

• @a:

You’re too kind Stan, even without hacks I don’t think many people want him back.

Let’s keep it friendly please.

Great tourney everyone. Biggest and most competitive one I think. Big thanks to Height and Lapu for hosting and all the refs/streamers/casters/clay/xale for all the hard work. Lookin forward to February.

• TEMPEST WINS! :peaceful:

Crushes on darkforest attacking. Comes down to 17 seconds on first objective on darkforest defending then cart gets stopped in tunnel!

Stoneshill Tempest stops Faucher at 39 peasants then tyrannis leaves and F forfeits.

• GG fellas, thanks for hosting the tournament Height!

• Word! Height best tourney organizer na!

• Thanks to all who have thanked me for hosting the tourny. I know there were some rough spots at times, but thanks for bearing with it and making it come out well. Ofc, most of what I do is just glorified begging. The people who really deserve thanks are:

Streamers
    Zebra- Volunteered and did an awesome job. Gen vs Nem was an awesome game to watch and we got to watch it thanks to him. Great guy and hope he does more :D
    Chuck- Helps out every tournament and is easily one of the best streamers in the chiv community. Streamed and showed off his sick menu/loading screen.
    Soldier1stClass- This man has been absolutely instrumental to the past 3 tournaments. Streams, refs, cohosts… does whatever he is needed for.
    Skillz- When he isn’t running a Tempest team or two, he’s offering to stream and finding other volunteers. Dedicated his whole weekend both during Tempest games and when we needed him.
    Clay- Didn’t know if he was gonna stream or play or even get on, but he showed up when we needed him and streamed a couple matches. Good shit breh.
    Stin Stin- Streamed and reff’d both days, including reffing the finals. Great guy who helped raise Roseyboyz up to a good tournament run and helped the entire tournament himself.
    Clock- Another one of those eq guys who is just always there when ya need him. When his kids were crying on Saturday, he reff’d. When it was more mellow on Sunday, he streamed. Awesome supporter of chiv scene.
    Sleepy- In addition to running the superb learnchivalry.com site, he streamed a match for us on Sunday and offered to do more but we were already filled up. Great guy and go check out his stuff!
    Massi- A scumbag. Truest scumbat. Jkjk. Good guy who has helped plan tournaments, played in tournaments, and streamed a bit this time around as well. Good luck with your kitty bro. Sorry that I already took the best one, so he’s unavailable.
    Teripper- Last but not least, Teripper. This man streamed 5 matches in a row on Saturday, did a match on Sunday hours before the scheduled start time, and then did more after the scheduled start time. Man is truly a beast and he deserves praise and tributes in his honor.

Referees
    Chicken- Helped ref, cohost, lent us his server, and found other refs to help with the rest of the tournament. Go check out HIS TOURNAMENT. You’ll be safe in his capable hands.
    Sir Loin- Helped with reffing and cocasted with Skillz. Remember how I said Skillz got people? He was one of them, and his help was greatly appreciated.
    Lexith- Remember how I said Chicken got people? Lexith was one of them, and the beast reff’d most of tournament on Saturday. He was even willing to help Sunday if we needed him. He put up with my late responses and what not: great guy who did a great job.
    Stinker- Pretty sure he reff’d, but he always volunteers to help by cocasting and asks if there’s anything we need. Glad to see him play in a tournament after so long.
    Spook- Has been helping keep the chiv scene alive for a long time. From hosting his own tournaments to co-hosting others to helping out in any capacity, offering to stream as well as ref, always an outstanding guy who I still think is lying about not being like 25 years old or something given his maturity.
    Crushed- Crushed is Crushed. Say what you will, but between MERCS Mod and awesome weapons, Crushed has done what he can to benefit this community and this game. Now he refs NA tournaments all the way from Yurop. 2 bad he can’t be Sophax at M&B.
    Rathion- Literally just bailed me out’ve a tight one. All around great guy, great vanguard, and someone who embodies what I think comp chiv is all about. He’s good and competitive without being an asshole, and always willin to help out.
    Anomoly- Always a pleasure to deal with when he was communicating on behalf of Tempest 2, but as soon as he was free he was asking how he could help. Thanks for reffing and being supportive man.
    Sarge- Another guy who as soon as his games were finished asked if we needed anything. Glad to have him back from the land of Archeage.
    Linus- Out of all the refs we had, Linus was probably the freshest to the comp scene but was maybe the most concerned about doing a good job. He got asked last minute, but familiarized himself with the rules and asked questions and stepped up when we needed him.
    Ronny- Another poor soul I roped into his first time reffing. When issues arose, he stuck in there valiantly. Even when I was free to take over, he wanted to see the thing through to the end. Awesome guy who handled himself well.
    Amish- This guy is the shit. Honestly, always steps up when we need him. The entire comp community is already indebted to him for his work with eq. This is the type of guy who sits out so newer players can play, who fills whatever role is needed at a moment’s notice, and who continues to be someone who I trust quite a bit to go above and beyond.

Above and Beyond
    Simon and Lapu- These guys helped me out in a way that no other people have for any tournament I’ve hosted. Out of all the tournaments I’ve had, I had to actually go. I had to ask myself who I could hand the tourny off to that was 1) Online, 2) Trustworthy, 3) Well enough liked that people wouldn’t hate on the decision or have some people feel disenfranchised, 4) Was willing to take on the responsibility. Lapu was that person. He’s streamed for tournies past, reff’d in this tourny, but on Sunday he became the host in charge. Whereas I’ve done this a few times and had the benefit of months to plan this, he got thrust into the flames and did an amazing job. Simon was vital to the process as well. Both of these guys have been two of the brightest starts of the chiv community for a while. There’s a reason why pretty much everyone likes them. They’re good men, and I am honestly ridiculously thankful for them.

Karasu- He hasn’t been playing in the tournies in a while, but that hasn’t stopped him from supporting the scene in every way he knows how. From offering to help long before the tourny began, to being there both days, to taking over for a brief time at the end on Saturday as well as being the only other guy in the google doc with me helping arrange shit before I left… He’s a helluva guy.

I’d like to thank all the teams and individuals that competed. You guys are why we host these things and you by far make them worth it. I know there were some rough patches this tournament that were forced by the accelerated scheduling, mid-tourny scandals, the double elim bracket format’s unpredictability in scheduling, and simple geography. Disputes were inevitable, but I feel like everything turned out okay. People were understanding for the most part, and I hope folks genuinely had a good time.

I’d also like to thank all the teams specifically, but then this would be even longer. I can genuinely say though that I enjoyed interacting with every single clan. This was the most amount of teams in the history of chiv team tournaments (anything above a 3v3 basically). To have so many clans be so good at the game and have stellar captains made this tourny awesome for me despite how stressed I usually am. From the first ever LTS tiebreaker (Gen vs Nem getting EXACT same progress on DF… crazy) to I think the first ever come from the losers bracket win of Tempest, this was truly a historic tourny that I’m honored to have been a part of. Thanks, and hopefully we’ll see ya next time :)

• Thanks for the kind words and thanks for hosting the tournament. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of viewers on twitch and feel that Chivalry has a chance of regrowing its competitive scene from it. Without these tournaments you host the competitive scene in NA would be virtually non existent.

• This tournament was certainly the most fun of the three I’ve partaken in, and it seems to be the absolute most wild one as well from the sounds of it. Some highlights from the games I’ve spectated or played in, or from what I’ve heard:

• Genesis vs Nemesis… Jesus, I don’t think I have ever been as stressed in any sort of game, video game or high school sports, than in this match. The Darkforest match was butt-clenchingly close, and we were absolutely not prepared for that, given that we were on the defense first and thus dnf’d Gen before they did the same to us. Genesis’s archer gets an ABSOLUTELY crucial javelin kill on me as I’m pushing cart uncontested (mind you, I am a Knight with a SHIELD equipped while this is happening), stopping me dead at 35% (we needed over 37% to win the match). I think that, by this point, we only had a couple minutes or so, so we only have two pushes left at best. We’ve been losing all our melee engagements… until Palaceer narrowly wins a 2v1 and books it to the cart, pushing it to 37% before he’s finally halted. Once it switches to Arena, Genesis gives us quite a whooping as they’re able to surround us and just outmaneuver and outplay us. It’s not until we start pushing ourselves and going aggressive that the momentum finally swings to our favor before Genesis runs 7 on us… GG Genesis, one of the (if not THE) most stressful and insane matches of anything I’ve ever played…

• Genesis vs Tempest 2. I think it was this one. I only saw glimpses of it (mostly first half), but Genesis put WORK on offense! They absolutely blitz’d through the first and second objectives, complete with their archer getting a great sneaky ninja on the cart at cave during the second objective. I thought for sure that Genesis had this game in the bag… but that turned out not to be the case! The sluice gate, the great equalizer, was a huge obstacle for them, and I suppose that was Tempest 2’s salvation in being able to out-speedrun them in Darkforest. I did not watch much of the second half, I’m afraid.

• I didn’t personally witness this and I’m having trouble finding a VOD for it, but I heard GoD had an especially impressive last stand versus Eq in Stoneshill. Though they still eventually lost the match according to the brackets, their King defense was an especially impressive showcase of perseverance according to the stream chat and witnesses. And they managed to defeat Vq as well, a team who actually impressed me a lot in our first scrim against them in their return.

• Loverboyz vs Nem. This was a scrim that seemed to be neck-to-neck until the very last two minutes. Both teams absolutely struggled and fought tooth and nail for every pixel of progress on that Stoneshill ram. Had it not been for Beast’s huge push and dent on the door, the Loverboyz may have taken the game. Unfortunately, the server was absolutely awful for a couple members of both teams.

• Tempest vs Faucheur… All I’ll say is, Faucheur deserved the semi-finals victory for fighting hard to not get DNF’d within the last hair on each objective, and then using that momentum to DNF Tempest in turn. Tempest deserved the tournament, because I don’t think any team has put in as much work as they did between this tournament and the last one. They finally snatched the elusive #1 tournament spot, congrats Tempest.

Lots and lots of fun, quite a few surprises and nail biters in this tournament. Best Twitch chat ever. Double eliminations made the scheduling and marathon of games even more stamina draining than any Maul out there, but man it was worth it.

And thank you, thank you Height, for your gracefulness with us this tournament!

• awesome post height, was really an awesome tournament to watch and ref

I hope Torn banner picks up on these things one day :)

• Syndicate had fun and hopefully we’re more competitive in the next tournament. Luckily there’s people like Height willing to host and organize these tournaments, otherwise all of us chivalry try-hards would have even less reason to play! Thank you.

• Nice tournament guys!

It’s always fun to watch some competitive matches - always makes me want to play chiv more.

• My Pleasure Height!

Cheers!

• Height: WHEN IS NEXT ONE?