A typical example of low-rank servers being a problem.

• http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/537383728185336458/168DEBA29F39FE31A21F7E524B49AFC344D67A2E/

This actually happens most of the time. Reaching lvl 15 in Chivalry is not so easy and takes some time. When you lock low-rank servers at 15(instead of say 0-10lvl) you effectively force the regular TO/LTS/TDM servers to be empty in the mornings.

I believe that players 10+ have the ability to play in normal servers and in my opinion TB should not divide their playerbase like that.

EDIT: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/537383728186116639/AA25F6D0292B1567F92A966722353B50B42C0BE7/

• Yep, so many.

• I got rank filter on so I don’t have tos ee them :L

• What’s more the poor bastards don’t learn anything. Thing is they think they have learned everything by rank 16.

• That is another part of the problem. Its level 15s killing 10s, that are killing 5s. By the time they get out of low-rank they think they’ve mastered the game. Then they get crushed by some random lvl 50 and quit the game altogether.

• @nanotekGT:

Then they get crushed by some random lvl 50 and quit the game altogether.

How does going directly to the high rank servers and getting immediately crushed by a random lvl 50 prevent that.

Dumb argument.

Leave them alone and let them enjoy the low rank servers, at least they will be able to unlock some weapons before reaching the other servers.

And there are plenty of rank 30s and 40s playing in the low rank servers using a family share account.

• Low rank servers are another form of cancer for Chivalry

• Low-rank servers have their place. I was the biggest advocate for them. That said, they don’t need so many servers. I’m still pissed they took our nice, fast 32p Central TO server to give to the noobs.

• Just come play on the |ĶiĻă| Thunderdome, NFOServers nice and solid, pretty well admined. Hell I might even give ya admin Billdoor.

• @gregcau:

How does going directly to the high rank servers and getting immediately crushed by a random lvl 50 prevent that.

Because then they know how good some players can be. If you practice against rank 15 all the time, you’re only going to get as good as a rank 15. If you practice around rank 50, you’ll become as good as a rank 50.

If you practice against bots for your first 200 hours, you’re going to suck forever. Don’t ask how I know that.

• @Skindiacus:

Because then they know how good some players can be. If you practice against rank 15 all the time, you’re only going to get as good as a rank 15. If you practice around rank 50, you’ll become as good as a rank 50.

If you practice against bots for your first 200 hours, you’re going to suck forever. Don’t ask how I know that.

they should really add a like comment system

• @Skindiacus:

We were all low ranks once. When I was rank 5, there were already lowrank servers, albeit not a lot.
    Nevertheless, I still remember playing in them. But when I got to rank 16, rank 40s were so rare that I barely ever engaged them.
    Funnily enough, I progressed together among others till rank 30 and had to figure out most things on my own.

Only when I was rank 30 did meta delay drags start being a thing, but before then I got rekt by a couple of rank 50s and 40s (man rank 50 was almost nonexistent back then and now there are rank 50s everywhere) and asked how the hell are they all hitting me while I’m parrying. What they said and what I think everyone should learn from the start through the tutorial :

“I was aiming for your back”.

Just that sentence made me try to force hits on people’s backs which made me learn dragging before they even became so commonly known.
    Basically, the game needs to explain exactly how manipulatable the attacks are right from the start, so that players experiment just how true that is together. Even in the lowrank servers.

• When I was rank 5 everyone was rank 5. Nothing had really been discovered. Not even F10 yet. We had just found out what the scroll wheel did. A couple of people as MAA had pressed V by accident also.

• I don’t remember anything before rank 30 something

• @MrGrumps:

-Wall of text-

I think I was rank 53 or 54 when low rank servers first popped up. Even a year ago there were a shitload of rank 40’s, not a lot of rank 50’s though, because there was a rank bug going on for 2-4 months where no one got any experience at all, fun times.

• Yeah I started playing half a month before that scenario. There weren’t any low rank servers? I could’ve sworn there was.
    Actually, I remember switching a lot of servers at rank 20-22 and not rank 15, so I may have just moved from officials to servers like the missed Gentleman’s Treehouse.
    That’s not too different from what I described though. There weren’t that many true rank 40s.

• @MrGrumps:

Yeah I started playing half a month before that scenario. There weren’t any low rank servers? I could’ve sworn there was.
    Actually, I remember switching a lot of servers at rank 20-22 and not rank 15, so I may have just moved from officials to servers like the missed Gentleman’s Treehouse.
    That’s not too different from what I described though. There weren’t that many true rank 40s.

I remember when that rank glich existed when a lot of people got to rank 46 magically. I was legit rank 44 and this rank 46 dude kept telling me that I knew nothing about the game because I was lower rank. I had 750 hours in game, he had 11. Fun times.

• I skipped from 44 to 46 when that was happening. Never was rank 45.

The 46 jump still happens by the way. Not as commons but there’s still level 46 players with a low amount of hours.

• @lemonater47:

I skipped from 44 to 46 when that was happening. Never was rank 45.

The 46 jump still happens by the way. Not as commons but there’s still level 46 players with a low amount of hours.

This is very true, recently I found a lvl 46 that was sad about his rank, and how everyone would tell him how bad he was for a rank 46 lol, poor man

• @Vanguard:

This is very true, recently I found a lvl 46 that was sad about his rank, and how everyone would tell him how bad he was for a rank 46 lol, poor man

To this day I will never judge any rank 46. As there’s still a good chance he would of got that rank due to the bug.