Merry Christmas Everyone!

• Merry Christmas! Enjoy your day! :watermelon::satellite::surprise::pig: tbh

• Gah. Living east OP. I still have to wait 12 hours.

• Quick, something clever!

…erm…

…Shit.

Merry Christmas to you too… :(

• Man this x-mas was awesome.

• I got rekt by food, and alcohol.

…I should make a guide on how to survive Polish Christmas.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to you all!

• oh xmas ham oh xmas ham, with mustard salt and other stuff.
    Man 2gud4me
    lotsa schnapps wiii.

• I was up till 1.30am so I called it a bit early. The real Christmas starts now! Got a new foot pedal for the drumkit. Happy days! Enjoy your ham and turkey and drinks and all the rest everyone!

• @Tyoson:

I was up till 1.30am so I called it a bit early. The real Christmas starts now! Got a new foot pedal for the drumkit. Happy days! Enjoy your ham and turkey and drinks and all the rest everyone!

nah, was over 6 hours ago for us pagan Yule celebrators. wiie.

• yawns
    Yay. It’s actually Christmas for me now!
    It’s also really late.

Night.

• Santa gave me a handy j but other than that it was pretty uneventful. Ho ho hold my balls please.

• It’s not merry anymore! Servers are down :(

• Merry Chivmas from Nuremberg.

Malric would love the Kaiserburg. It needs just here and there some red banners. :)

• I ate so much chocolate I’m even fatter than I was before.

• Guess who got a EVGA gtx 980?

This Guy!

• @Retsnom:

Guess who got a EVGA gtx 980?

This Guy!

Lovely :D I’m going to buy a new GPU soon. Thought I’d wait until after christmas so I can snap up a cheap deal.

• 30 minutes after boxing day was over it starts to snow, bloody cruel world.

• Well I got the GTX980 for only $512 because it was a return. I was hesitant at first to pull the trigger on it till the guy at the stor said the guy returned it because his wife made him. Then when I got it home and installed (I had to reconfigure my entire layout of drive bays cause the card is so freaking big) I realized why he returned it. It is the layout of the back plate, it only has 1 DVI-1 connector port, there are 3 display ports and 1 HDMI port. I am pretty sure he wanted the other back plate with 2 DVI ports. So I have to pick up a converter cable.

It is pretty amazing card though. Low power usage and temps only got to 40c at full load. The sad part is that Chiv still renders like shit. so much is not rendered or build with anti aliasing, specially models… The archer baracades are the worst along with textures with patterns when viewed from a distance. The trees also suck balls as they shimmer and twinkle. I have been playing with both in game settings and Nvidia settings and got some improvement in quality but Chiv just sucks visually.

• @Retsnom:

Well I got the GTX980 for only $512 because it was a return. I was hesitant at first to pull the trigger on it till the guy at the stor said the guy returned it because his wife made him. Then when I got it home and installed (I had to reconfigure my entire layout of drive bays cause the card is so freaking big) I realized why he returned it. It is the layout of the back plate, it only has 1 DVI-1 connector port, there are 3 display ports and 1 HDMI port. I am pretty sure he wanted the other back plate with 2 DVI ports. So I have to pick up a converter cable.

It is pretty amazing card though. Low power usage and temps only got to 40c at full load. The sad part is that Chiv still renders like shit. so much is not rendered or build with anti aliasing, specially models… The archer baracades are the worst along with textures with patterns when viewed from a distance. The trees also suck balls as they shimmer and twinkle. I have been playing with both in game settings and Nvidia settings and got some improvement in quality but Chiv just sucks visually.

Aw that’s a bugger, at least it’s working though haha. It is a fairly dated engine though, so it’ll be interesting to see what torn banner will do with UE4. I don’t actually mind the look of the game, I’m using a radeon 5850 at the moment on full graphics, but I’m at the point now where most new games need to be run at medium.

• I just showed a clan member who has an Nvidia card, the dramatic difference in card settings.
    If you have a Nvidia card, get the new drivers and in the Nvidia contol panel goto the setting:
    DSR Factor and put a Check in each resolution setting
    DSR Smoothness and put the slider at 50%

Then run Chiv and goto Ruins.
    Stand on the top of the far Left building on Agatha side and look across the map where the Mason CTF flag is.
    Those boards at your default resolution will flicker and look like ass
    Then in Chiv, change your resolution settings to the new highest settings.
    Now look at the difference. You can actually see the boards and they are not flickering

The problem is that depending on how fast your card is, it will render it beautifully but your FPS will most likely suck. I can get 4X resolution and still pull off 60FPS but the game animations, micro stutters in heavy combat. SO now I have to find a the best of both worlds in settings.

• Hey Retsnom, I still play with your potato configs man, they saved my Chivalry. Thanks a lot for that!