REANEBALE VOICE CHAT

• Reanebale the voice chat fo fock sake. TORN BANNER how bad are you at making games?

• I’d like to think they’re pretty good at making games, just not so good at implementing additional features correctly.

To be honest, I don’t think this game would benefit from having voice chat.

• Pls no voice chat. Most players who use it are in clans or participate in organized pugs and use outside VoIP services such as TS3 and Mumble. No one listens in pubs anyway, so it would only serve as a medium for the prepubescents and trolls to entertain themselves.

I would also add that as an indepedent and relatively new company, TBS has done a pretty damn good job getting Chiv where it is.

• How would voice chat improve the game? Better team play? Have you tried herding cats? That’s what it would be like. With a lot of screaming, dubstep and kids.

• The voice chat was always abused by random people playing dumbass music and shit. Turned it off for good after 2 weeks of chivalry.

• I’d be okay with it if you could individually mute people. That way you can shut up the annoying music/mic spammer while still having comms open.

• This thread is stupid and you should feel stupid.

General voicechat adds at least thrice as many disadvantages as it does advantages. Gaming communities simply like to troll, sad as it is.

If it were to be re-added it’d have to be really easy to just limit yourself to the people (probably friends) that you’d want to talk to and easily be able to mute other players or use a private conversation.
    In other words: Use Skype or TeamSpeak and be done with it.

• I love voice chat. I used to say things like “BEHIND YOU!” and then heaps of people would turn around. Great times. There was also this one player who did an absolutely spot on Morgan Freeman accent, and he’d just narrate everything he was doing in game. It was a good laugh. It doesn’t really help the team out much, but individual muting was available for people who don’t like all the riff raff, and it was fun for people who enjoyed the laugh. I’d be happy for it to come back, but either way I don’t really care.

• @Kim:

I’d be okay with it if you could individually mute people. That way you can shut up the annoying music/mic spammer while still having comms open.

Yeah, this is a bare minimum requirement.

In a way, I really like that Chivalry has no voice chat. Keeps the game more “immersive” and in character, makes people use voice commands more, and it has a bit of an old school pre-1.3 Counter-Strike feel to it.

• @Rickvs:

In other words: Use Skype or TeamSpeak and be done with it.

Or, you know, the extremely ignored Steam voice chat.

No support. I never liked voice chat on Chiv.

• I say yes cause foreign trolls make me laugh

• What kind of a world do we live in where fanboyism cancels out the request for a basic feature? A basic feature that I might add worked on release, broke after a patch and then after failing to fix was removed.

It’s valid criticism to take the piss out of this blunder.

• “Basic feature”? Nope. Most games don’t have built-in voice chat anymore - for a reason.
    Anyway, what value does voice chat have for this game? None. I really don’t want to spend 15 minutes listening to a 12 year old eat cheetos and yell at his sister while cussing every time his nub-butt got smoked. Since the individual mute never worked, most voice chatters got booted from the game anyway.
    Also, could someone buy the OP a spell-checker?

• The OP is one of those 12 year olds you described obviously judging by his spelling.

• If I wanted to talk to 12 year olds I’d join Rekrabs teamspeak, huehuehueuhe. <3

• To be honest, I do miss it as it was a lot of fun trolling voip in AOC with playing movie clips and the like. But I think untill the net code is improved it will be nothing more than a bandwidth eater.

• if it functioned well i’d love to have it in game, it just was very shotty before and didn’t have many good features. Could just make an option to disable voice chat like you can with in game chat and problem solved for people that don’t want it. Could be a global setting like that across all your games so if you diddn’t want it you’d never have to hear it. Also have individual mute for people that want it but don’t want to hear certain people. Could be a server option to only have it in your server if you want to enable it. Could have a proximity feature like in rust or day-z. Little mic icons showing up above players head near name ;) . Hopefully sound quality and pick up could be better because the sound quality was terrible before and voice just went in and out and only worked 20% of the time (made up stat) so it was more annoying just becauase the voice would skip in and out.

i think voice would be cool but only if it worked well.

• @Xylvion:

If I wanted to talk to 12 year olds I’d join Rekrabs teamspeak, huehuehueuhe. <3

;_; y u do dis
    1v1 me bro. oh wait you’re too scared to dool anybody
    rekt

• @Rekrab:

;_; y u do dis
    1v1 me bro. oh wait you’re too scared to dool anybody
    rekt

fite me irl.

• LOLs on my old AOC server, one of the rules was that if you were 16 or younger you were not allowed to use the mic. If we heard a pubescent child with cracking voice he was instantly muted by server admins. They would get all pissed and start raging in chat and then that would get muted. Oh the good old days….

Playing “look at my horse”, “trollololol” song or the fight song from Original Star Trek was just hillarious. Bananna Phone!