IDEA FOR REVERSE OVERHEAD ATTACKS

• How about determining the damage you do based on the velocity of the weapon, which would stem from length of swing. It would also add a skill factor into hitting your opponent at the last possible second for maximum damage. I’m just trying to come up with a way to save this game, because it deserves much more love than the developers have given it in the past (no offense, but its true). Let me know what your guys thoughts are on this issue, and what else we could come up with to help save the game we love (or used to at least).

(I’m still unsure of if the dev’s care about this game anymore or not)

Also, are feints still an issue people are bantering about, or has it become accepted now?

Thanks,

Steel

• Deadliest warrior.

• @lemonater47:

Deadliest warrior.

LOL, does anyone even play that pile of crap anymore?

• Here’s a better idea, learn to parry reverses, they don’t come out any faster than any other attacks, its not a magical maneuver that skips windups, sure they’re harder to decipher than caveman swings, but let’s be realistic reverses are readable without latency. to further that, lets be realistic reverses have absymal range on every sword and heavy blunt, halberd roh has a bit of range but the halberd is horrific so yeah

• @Noobstomper:

Here’s a better idea, learn to parry reverses, they don’t come out any faster than any other attacks, its not a magical maneuver that skips windups, sure they’re harder to decipher than caveman swings, but let’s be realistic reverses are readable without latency. to further that, lets be realistic reverses have absymal range on every sword and heavy blunt, halberd roh has a bit of range but the halberd is horrific so yeah

Yes but they hurt my immersion

• @?Steel:

LOL, does anyone even play that pile of crap anymore?

He says that because it has your idea in it m8. That’s one of the things that makes it a pile of crap

• Wouldn’t this make dragging op?

• This is too complicated, in my view, if you want to fix this ,a simple solution will be : imagine a vertical axis from your guy’s head , whatever damage is being dealt “behind” this line it should do only something like 20% of the actual damage of the weapon . This is very realistic, you can’t possibly kill someone behind you with your sword while preparing to land a hit with full force in front of you ; also i think it’s very confusing for new players and detrimental to the game to see this weird hits going on . It is fun , nevertheless :)
    Unfortunately, even if they wanted to , my opinion is that TB does not have the technical ability to fix such matters because they lack the necessary skills as this is quite a complex matter to “fix” - so they will just leave it like this .
    You know, we discovered accelerated overheads only after a couple of months of playing since release and many cried that it breaks the game , no realism and so on . TB analyzed the issue and i think they wanted to “fix” it but they realized that it’s either too complicated or they don’t know how and they risk breaking the game even more. So, they called it a feature :) , now it’s even present in the load-screen messages .

• A reverse does come out faster than any other attack because it hits just as the windup ends and does not have to travel or swing to do damage making it as fast as possible because of the animation. That depends on positioning and how you perform the bachswing, and the weapon you use, and your ping, and your fps. Reverse does not skip windup because it happens right as windup ends. If you wanted to fix it you could just remove the damage from the start of a weapons release so it does not appear instant. Would not affect look down overheads because that involves a weapon going into release along with an animation people can react to a bit more. Or you could try having someone spam you with it until you can always defend against it, but you’ll fall for fake-outs and wont block if there is a slight ping spike, and you might also panic block if someone spins in a circle depending on their setup, or if they spin while blocking to fake a reverse riposte depending on setup.

• Bockswing feints are just guh… With american ping, you absolutely must panic parry the instant you see them going for the xbox360, and some weapons like Maul can do an actual roh, miss, and turn 180 to drag hit you instead. Or they can body feint the roh and transition into the drag. Or they can bockswing feint. This is part of why so many NA knights (and, sigh, even NA Vanguards despite them having the footwork and knockback and reach to avoid a caveman style and also lacking the health to hit trade) gamble and caveman. They get punished for playing as if they have 0 ping aka PROPERLY.

• Doing the ROH, miss 180 and get them with the last part of the swing can be done with a claymore. A 360 overhead essentially with 2 opportunities at hitting someone. Can’t hit them twice though good thing you can’t. Parrying one if those though can really throw the person off who did it lol. Some rank 30s can pull it off. But if you parry their 360 overhead they don’t know what to do. They will often just stand there and take a hit. Or they will immediately panic parry. Meaning feinting will easily kill them. Even just not doing a riposte will get them.

• i just called it a fake-out so i wouldn’t have to explain what it is

• Best way to leave your opponent clueless about what happened: reverse alt overhead with the halberd, comboing into a fake-out reverse slash, that is easy as fuck to delay with this glorious weapon, then you combo into a stab that has a almost invisible windup animation that you can also delay/accelerate easily as needed.

Of couse, if it is against a knight there is a great chance that you are going to get hittraded at some point, but is really good to show low ranks how noob-friendly this game is

• If someone tries to reverse OH you, always try to parry. Either you parry it successfully, or they feint/miss and start turning around to attack you again. Just rotate around the person the same direction they’re turning. Reverse OH’s aren’t hard to deal with.

• complaining about feint is less common now. deadliest warrior nerf drags

• the problem is the instant release….can’t do anything about it besides using DW tracers.

Good luck parrying the billhook, you’ll need 10 ping for that.

• @ashvins:

the problem is the instant release….can’t do anything about it besides using DW tracers.

Good luck parrying the billhook, you’ll need 10 ping for that.

I wouldn’t mind early hit tracers dealing slightly less damage to nerf backswings efficiency. But not the whole DW scale of “when the hell am I supposed to hit?”

• @Xylvion:

I wouldn’t mind early hit tracers dealing slightly less damage to nerf backswings efficiency. But not the whole DW scale of “when the hell am I supposed to hit?”

in dw youre supposed to hit when you are looking straight at your opponent without dragging for maximum damage

• I love when people spam reverses it’s so easy to hit them with ripostes.

• @Dire:

I love when people spam reverses it’s so easy to hit them with ripostes.

Unless they’re in 3rd and just parry with the back of their head.