New tactic for rank 50+ observed?

• Hey guys

Sorry, but my PC didn’t record the game for some reason, I’ll try again when I see it again… Is it a new tactic for +50 rank (have only seem 2 of them so far) to jump into enemy spawn, an then keep respawning to whichever class preferred an kill the enemy as they spawn… essentially to prevent the other team from getting out of spawn & unable to be killed because keep respawning before die. This was on an official TO server & on different maps

Thanks
    Hen

• I have heard of that, I guess it is with the new maps which were not vetted as carefully.

• You can do this on any map. If I really feel like doing so, I could MAA super jump into enemy spawn, then throw firepot and repick MAA to restock HP and firepot and spam again. Or I can go Maul and oneshot people.

• lol I love doing this it’s hilariously stupid

• Just remember that you can do it yourself, if you find an enemy abusing this in your spawn, just switch to maul or heavy xbow with your teammates to finish them and then switch back to your normal load-out again.

• New tactic?

We’ve been doing it for months.

Jonas on the steam forums recorded some people who actually macroed selecting a class to a key. So they can jump into an enemy spawn and mash the button. That’s abusing it.

Still needs to be fixed. Been reported several times.

• Yeah, some idiots do this. I saw some kid called StormChazer do this in FFA in the cisterns where he would camp this one spot and change back to full HP every time he was about to die.

• ah, yeah. that was donut master and ossuary clowning around.

@jrmftw:

Just remember that you can do it yourself, if you find an enemy abusing this in your spawn, just switch to maul or heavy xbow with your teammates to finish them and then switch back to your normal load-out again.

although, if they select class fast enough they can even respawn after dying.

@gregcau:

I have heard of that, I guess it is with the new maps which were not vetted as carefully.

it can be done on just about any map. this example happened on Battlegrounds first stage mason spawn. they both superdodged/jumped into the granary.

• @LongSun:

ah, yeah. that was donut master and ossuary clowning around.

although, if they select class fast enough they can even respawn after dying.

it can be done on just about any map. this example happened on Battlegrounds first stage mason spawn. they both superdodged/jumped into the granary.

Can confirm respawning after death in the same spot… I did it accidentally during a scrim in the sluice gate lol.

• yes i have seen this too.

But we couldnt even kick that fool. It was the admin on a “Official TO UK” server.

The fix would be easy: make the change loadout volumes teams only

• @Jon:

Yeah, some idiots do this. I saw some kid called StormChazer do this in FFA in the cisterns where he would camp this one spot and change back to full HP every time he was about to die.

Which is why darkforest cistern isn’t on the official FFA servers (The EU server that runs it is private even if it’s “official UK blah blah”).
    TBS should do something about that, make it so that people can’t put official in their server name.
    And fix darkforest cistern FFA so you can’t repick your class everywhere.