Pubs which side

• Which side do you choose in pub Team Objective?

I see time after time many (but not all) high ranks will choose the easiest side (which is almost always defending) to make their kill score and life easier.

Personally I almost always go attacking just for the challenge, but what about you?

• I always played attack earlier, but because I can’t rely on people, they’re idiots not capable of finding the objective. I got tired of carrying teams, having to do everything all by myself. So I was like “screw it” and now I always play defense.

• How is defending usually easier? I usually just go random teams unless it’s hillside(defensive maa kick into the ocean strat).

• Well OP, I chose based on the voice acting I want to hear in that moment lol. Recently I’ve been more Mason then Agatha

• Masons. Always.

• Always attackers.

• @Xylvion:

I always played attack earlier, but because I can’t rely on people, they’re idiots not capable of finding the objective. I got tired of carrying teams, having to do everything all by myself. So I was like “screw it” and now I always play defense.

This. Except I stay on attack and just switch to archer when I get no support. If my team wants to be useless, then I will be too.

• Well, when I didn’t have HughesNet, I would be a high rank loser and go defending because I could focus on getting kills and boosting my ego.

• Mainly attacking, unless I want to play knight, then it’s always agatha because “Thank you brother” “Thanks”

• Attacker cause it gets really bloody boring defending. Hold for 20 mins then lose the stage, repeat.

As attack you can run around killing until the last 5 mins then sc**** a few faces on the barricades or whatever and move on.

• Random.

Normally I’d also press TAB before the match would start and decided if I should switch team or not. Same for when multiple players would disconnect in a short amount of time; I’d always check the teams and switch if needed.

But it’s been 2 years since I started playing Chivalry and I still have yet to find a player with the same motivation, so eventually I just decided to stop balancing around manually.
    Game starts. Pick random team. Stay in team and start pubstomping if the teams get unbalanced. It’s not my problem anymore.

It would also really help, though, if the game’s autobalance wasn’t like “Herp derp Agatha has 9 rank 50’s and Mason has 10 rank 5’s so that means AGATHA needs extra players cus playercount == balance harhar”. That’s what bothers me the most.

• ^To be fair there are two legit rank 63s in EU and they’re both so awful that any rank 30-40 is harder to beat than them. Then again it’s a higher chance that a high rank is more skillful than a lowrank so I agree with the rank balance because of that. I don’t like it because if I want to play with my friends and all of a sudden we’re split up becauase we’re higher ranks, that’s silly.

• Attacking unless I can’t get on the attacking team. Always bothers me how most of the good players stack on defense every time, though.

• @Tyoson:

Mainly attacking, unless I want to play knight, then it’s always agatha because “Thank you brother” “Thanks”

This so much. Couldn’t be more accurate

• I used to play random all day erry day but then TBS in their infinite wisdom took it out because it was OP or something.

Now I just play the side where the more skilled archers are because I hate getting shot/javelin’d.

• @Kreittis:

I used to play random all day erry day but then TBS in their infinite wisdom took it out because it was OP or something.

Now I just play the side where the more skilled archers are because I hate getting shot/javelin’d.

But getting hit with projectiles is fun and balanced.

• @Xylvion:

But getting hit with projectiles is fun and balanced.

http://i.imgur.com/u80QrDz.png

• I prefer attacking because I think it’s more fun and I love constantly moving forward, trying to progress. I love the strategies for attacking more, too. Although I’ve always loved getting 5+ kills in one catapult on the ram in early stage 2 Stoneshill as defense. But I always try to join which team needs me more, and stick to it even if people switch to my team. I don’t like switching teams mid game and sacrificing all my progress. If I get auto balanced I just wait in spectate until my team opens up.

• I chose random because that’s the closest thing to “always Agatha”.

• Sit back and defend with Longsword/Maul Knight and take it easy