New ballista bug ?

• I was suspecting something for a while now, and I think it has been confirmed.

I don’t know how it is possible, but when you hit an ennemy with a ballista, it seems to count as team damage.
    I noticed it on coldfront, siege stage, when I used defensive ballistae. I was making a lot of kills, never hit a teammate, and when I looked in the player list, I got more than 50% team damage.

And today, I spawned in first stage, on agatha side, took the ballista and made 2 kills with it. Then, I made 2 melee kills, with no allies around and not a single team hit. Just after that, someone votekicked me with 80% team damage…

Seriously, what’s wrong with ballistae ??

• I think it is because Coldfront is a backwards map.

You longer you defend against the siege, the shorter the time the king has to escape.

Might be the same map which says you win the objective when you lose it (or is that another one of the new maps).

• @gregcau:

Might be the same map which says you win the objective when you lose it (or is that another one of the new maps).

No, I believe that’s Outpost. It says you failed to burn the tents after… well, burning the tents.

Either way, I can’t really confirm this bug since I’ve never really bothered with siege weapons much. I’ll give it a try, considering it sounds rather major.

• You may be right, it might be only in Coldfront since I never had this problem on any other map.

EDIT: I decided to play on coldfront in order to prove my point, it took me one try : http://youtu.be/8Jl_0fKQVAo

• Nice find, interesting bug… remind me not to hop on a ballista on coldfront

• is it just that ballista? I got a few ballista kills over on the other capture point and didn’t get any team damage. I also noticed another guy in your video get a ballista kill and he had 0% TD. is it possible you tagged some friendlies? for some reason they turn invisible for me when they’re fighting down on the beach/water.

• @Gauntlet:

Nice find, interesting bug… remind me not to hop on a ballista on coldfront

Thanks. I don’t find it interesting though, it’s pretty fucked up. I think there’s a troll in TB’s devs team, it’s the only explanation that comes to mind.

• @LongSun:

is it just that ballista? I got a few ballista kills over on the other capture point and didn’t get any team damage. I also noticed another guy in your video get a ballista kill and he had 0% TD. is it possible you tagged some friendlies? for some reason they turn invisible for me when they’re fighting down on the beach/water.

Look at the footage, I spawn, wait for a ballista to be available, fire ONE shot at ONE enemy, got him, end up with 100% team damage. A friend of mine got the exact same problem on the second stage, he ended up with 60% team damage after some kills with ballistae…

• well it doesn’t happen every ballista kill. what’s making it happen though? any ideas?

• @LongSun:

well it doesn’t happen every ballista kill. what’s making it happen though? any ideas?

That’s the problem, it happens every time for me ^^ every ballista kill count as team damage. I would be happy to have some feedback from other players though. But if you don’t use ballistae as often as i do, you wouldn’t see the impact on your team damage ratio.

I don’t see what can cause such a bug, but it’s real. Maybe it’s there since the supposed ballista fix 2 patches ago, I noticed it a few weeks ago but never tested it until now.

EDIT : for the record, I tried on Citadel and Stoneshill, didn’t get the team damage. It seems to be a Coldfront-related bug.

• @LaPoutre:

I think there’s a troll in TB’s devs team

hmmm

I have to look at every bug report now.