Question about returning after a long break

• The longest I’ve gone without playing since I got the game in December 2012 is about 3 weeks so I don’t know what it is like to return after a significant break. Early next year a couple of games are coming out that I’ve been anticipating for a long time so I’ll most likely be taking a few months off Chiv to focus on them.

My question is after returning from a break of 3 months or longer are you able to just pick up where you left off? Can you straight away join a game and pull off your 1337 moves or are you a bit rusty when you return? If so, would it be because others caught up while you were away or you need a little time to remember how it’s done?

• No, no, and no.

That was easy.

• I’ve found that when I return after a long break I do insanely well and usually get 20-3 K/Ds. The longer I play the worser I get

• I really don’t know man, once I started playing this, I couldn’t ever leave, game is just too good imo.

• Not really. You’ll probably spend about 10 minutes in the options menu first constantly feeling unfamiliar with whatever FOV and mouse speed settings you set it to, then realize Chivalry is different from those other games you had played; it’s a bugged mess.

At that point you either decide to re-quit or manipulate that bugged mess like the rest. TLDR No, it’s not easy to immediately pick it back up.

• Longest I took off was 5ish months, been pretty sketchy since then but it’s definitely getting easier. No where near as good as I used to be, but at least I’ve lost some of the old bad habits haha

It ain’t easy, and it ain’t good, but we do it anyway.

• 4 month break for me, I was awful for a couple of days, then back to normal.

• @Ready:

The longest I’ve gone without playing since I got the game in December 2012 is about 3 weeks so I don’t know what it is like to return after a significant break. Early next year a couple of games are coming out that I’ve been anticipating for a long time so I’ll most likely be taking a few months off Chiv to focus on them.

My question is after returning from a break of 3 months or longer are you able to just pick up where you left off? Can you straight away join a game and pull off your 1337 moves or are you a bit rusty when you return? If so, would it be because others caught up while you were away or you need a little time to remember how it’s done?

I stopped playing for about a year, came back recently and did fine even in scrims. Then again, I still do play very old school, no reversies and whatnot. As long as you built solid fundamentals, the muscle memory comes back quickly. Probably the hardest thing is the “feel” you get from playing a lot, mostly visual judgement of weapon ranges. I had the added problem of getting used to the stupid bubble, then coming back when it was removed, so my parrying was quite bad for a longer while than it should have been.

All in all, it was pretty smooth to come back, but I am also the type of person who doesn’t get mad if something was my fault and not the game’s, so that it made it easier. If you are more of a rager, it might still be quite frustrating.

• This is how I feel about Chiv… replace the CandyCrush with Chiv…

• @Ready:

Can you straight away join a game and pull off your 1337 moves or are you a bit rusty when you return?

I’m always a bit rusty for the first couple games. It takes me a few matches to warm up before I can do all the spins and shit.

@Ready:

If so, would it be because others caught up while you were away or you need a little time to remember how it’s done?

I need some time to warm up. I don’t forget though, I remember everything. It’s all here in my head.