TBS update please

• Well actually I am pretty satisfied with where the game is in terms of content and balance, just need my new gaming laptop.

Still it would be nice to have a message from Steve, perhaps a vague hint as to what is in the works for CMW 2. I think with the large team they have, funds from constant sales, experience from using an old engine and a mod to the potential of upgrading to real software development environment, I think CMW 2 could be rather good.

And hey just shoot the shit and communicate something, like your love of Toronto (I am biased).

Or just disable the forum for anyone who reaches 10,000 posts so people choose their posts wisely.

• Fhf when TB

• @Vanguard:

Fhf when TB

speak English. Flinch horse fuck?

• @gregcau:

speak English. Flinch horse fuck?

First Hit Flinch, in other words every attack flinches the opponent no matter what state. It’s meant to prevent hit trading and “caveman” (read: gambling) gameplay. I personally think that, like many other ideas with good intentions (such as removing handle tracers), they need not be hastily changed. With the example of handle tracer removal, you need only look at the effected weapons to see there exists huge issues that were only discovered after the patch launched. There are many swings going through players without registering, it’s the reason that swords kept their handle tracers actually…

I would like to see a hint at what this unannounced Unreal Engine 4 project is, a little taste to keep the spirits high.

• First hit flinch you gutless man of wax

• Flinch horse fuck.

Horses confirmed.

• @lemonater47:

Flinch horse fuck.

Horses confirmed.

horses are coming with irilla

• @Gauntlet:

First Hit Flinch, in other words every attack flinches the opponent no matter what state. It’s meant to prevent hit trading and “caveman” (read: gambling) gameplay. I personally think that, like many other ideas with good intentions (such as removing handle tracers), they need not be hastily changed. With the example of handle tracer removal, you need only look at the effected weapons to see there exists huge issues that were only discovered after the patch launched. There are many swings going through players without registering, it’s the reason that swords kept their handle tracers actually…

I would like to see a hint at what this unannounced Unreal Engine 4 project is, a little taste to keep the spirits high.

i feel like C:MW won’t get patched anymore IF this is actually chiv 2. They probably figure fuck cmw and put all focus and our discussions into balancing the new game. but we’re stuck here in caveman game.

but as far as hastily changing fhf, it’s really good man, and any issues caused with it is far better than the current issues with hit trading IMO. The handle hit just like archer nerf were done poorly and lazily by tb. They didn’t do anything weapon specific it seemed to see how badly they would affect certain weapons. Same with archer nerf they didn’t really nerf them and just made crossbows obvious choice.

animations are god awful too. not even just weapon swings although they’re the worst, but even just movement. I feel like vanguards at least skip frames when they are moving and just slide to the sides. I’ve seen them Maa side dodge me so many times becuase there’s 2 frame animation and yet they took 4 steps apparently.

• Dude I told you that would happen if they nerfed archer damage. You said it wouldn’t and that archer would be “balanced”. That didn’t happen.

Also caveman tactics didn’t exist till 2 months ago. Why? FIR wasn’t even in the game for long before they removed it and caveman tactica wasn’t a thing then either. Why? That’s what people should be asking. Why wasn’t the current hit trade meta around before the initial secret FIR that everyone thought was a bug?

FHF won’t make everyone happy. Majority of people wanted FIR removed. What will adding it back do? Change up the game entirely back to something a lot of people disliked.

We shouldn’t have to be picking the lesser of two evils. As that’s what this is. A choice between caveman and flinch city isn’t a great choice. People are deciding based on what they feel is the least worse.

• how many times do I have to tell you lemon, wanting archers nerfed does not equal tbs implementation of it. Saying projectile damage nerf means just that, because tb decided to nerf warbow broadheads and nothing else is beyond me. Long ago making the light crossbow reload faster than it takes to wipe my ass was not my choice.

we wanted flinch in release removed, hit trades existed before but not as prevalent. There are plenty of times when things SHOULD get flinched but they don’t. Not only was flinch in release removed (or actuallly not really because it still happens) but flinch in general is broken.

so are attack recovery vs. flinch recovery times.

It’s all broken lemon and it’s nothing that one person did and voted for, its an accumulaton of many changes.

why do i consistently argue with idiots, it makes me the idiot. Why can’t i just ignore you?

• @50ShadesofClay:

how many times do I have to tell you lemon, wanting archers nerfed does not equal tbs implementation of it. Saying projectile damage nerf means just that, because tb decided to nerf warbow broadheads and nothing else is beyond me. Long ago making the light crossbow reload faster than it takes to wipe my ass was not my choice.

we wanted flinch in release removed, hit trades existed before but not as prevalent. There are plenty of times when things SHOULD get flinched but they don’t. Not only was flinch in release removed (or actuallly not really because it still happens) but flinch in general is broken.

so are attack recovery vs. flinch recovery times.

It’s all broken lemon and it’s nothing that one person did and voted for, its an accumulaton of many changes.

why do i consistently argue with idiots, it makes me the idiot. Why can’t i just ignore you?

I said archer was fine. You said it wasn’t. Now look what happened. You gotta factor in what TB would actually do. And you were absolutely fine with them nerfing broadheads before they actually nerfed broadheads in fact that was one of your major issues.

FhF ain’t gonna be solving any problems. Game will still be frustrating and bullshit just on the other end of the stick. We want to avoid any of that.

Keep calling me an idiot. TB has to make changes that make sense. Nerfing all archer projectile damages didn’t make sense. So TB did a smaller nerf which also didn’t make sense as they didn’t know how to balance archer properly. As all they had was haters telling them to do the extreme.

• @lemonater47:

Keep calling me an idiot.

Then stop making idiotic posts. You said you manage youtube channels - do you troll every channel like this for your job?

Get outside, work out, fuck a girl, do something other than using this forum as your personal twitter.

• @gregcau:

Then stop making idiotic posts. You said you manage youtube channels - do you troll every channel like this for your job?

Get outside, work out, fuck a girl, do something other than using this forum as your personal twitter.

Had fun saying all that?

• @lemonater47:

Had fun saying all that?

Maybe I just wanted to say the fuck a girl part.

• Warbow nerf wasn’t all bad. More people use xbow now and that’s fine with me because it’s far worse overall than pre-nerf warbow.

• @dudeface:

Warbow nerf wasn’t all bad. More people use xbow now and that’s fine with me because it’s far worse overall than pre-nerf warbow.

actually its a lot better because before warbow had an advantage over xbow by being the better counter archering weapon

xbow has better HTK on everything now, similar firerate, much better speed and range, and you can pop out and snipe people really quick and it has more ammo

and pavise is OP protection from archers

the only thing warbow does better than xbow is the mobility which situationally useful, if ur team has a hard time holding ground warbow is a better choice cuz u probably wont be safe to reload with xbow

• Xbows had their place beforehand. The warbow nerf has just revealed their power. Rather than their being 2 dedicated anti archer weapons there is only one. And its sorta multi purpose. The normal crossbow with its projectile speed and range makes it the bed counter archer crossbow and now best counter archer ranged weapon.

• @lemonater47:

FHF won’t make everyone happy. Majority of people wanted FIR removed. What will adding it back do? Change up the game entirely back to something a lot of people disliked.

People wanted FIR removed cause it was random and retarded.
    FHF is consistent.

• FIR was also consistent. Only happened when you sprinted or got 80 damage dealt to you.

FHF now just happens regardless. I suppose it doesn’t require you to think anymore.

They are both opposite to what the game is supposed to be. To what the game is now and how it was for one and a half years.

• Hey Guys, we just returned to the studio yesterday, you will be hearing more from us soon. Hope you all had a good Holiday Season!