Feint Theory Question for Master Feinters

• Somebody mentioned this to me the other day-

Attacking after reading a feint rather than waiting for the incoming real attack.

Who does this naturally at the moment?
    Does it actually work and help you?
    Is this not applicable to certain classes/weapons?

Any advice for learning this habit would also be appreciated.

• I can only see this working if you have a dagger and they have a maul. Otherwise it would be a trade at best. Not really beneficial considering you’ll probably lose more health than they will. Better to lose a bit of stamina than 1/3 to 3/4 of your health.

• @lemonater47:

I can only see this working if you have a dagger and they have a maul. Otherwise it would be a trade at best. Not really beneficial considering you’ll probably lose more health than they will. Better to lose a bit of stamina than 1/3 to 3/4 of your health.

Yeah but when the feinter is using a weapon that’s going to lose the hit trade or you’ve already gotten a hit on him, he’s usually going to want to feint to parry. Two feints and a parry will destroy his stamina so he lost the stamina battle.

Only works if the feinter knows what he’s doing though

• i just maul lmb if i think they are going to feint and i have lot of health

if i see them feint and read it also do a maul LMB because ill trade and do big dmg

• @zombojoe:

i just maul lmb if i think they are going to feint and i have lot of health

if i see them feint and read it also do a maul LMB because ill trade and do big dmg

You’re the man zombojoe, you’re the caveman.

• if they feint to parry me they stam out big time

• I sincerly don’t know anymore, I think I just wait because otherwise I trade. Feints needs to be punished by FHF in theese situations.

• i can only get it to work when i play sow and of course it doesn’t work against super fast weapons

• it really does work but it’s really hard to get used to, I can’t do it personally but I know a lot of ppl who can

• You need gud timing to pull that out, and the slower tour weapon, harder it will be. I usually kick people in da face when i read the feint

• best way is to attack when you see his windup when youre anticipating a feint, and ftp if it wasn’t one.

• If you want to waste all of your stamina asap sure, although I do the same thing sometimes.

• i do that when i have a stamina advantage

• I’d suggest just kicking them when you read the feint so you can avoid trades, but kicks are borked so its probably not the best idea.

• if you kick and temporal warp mechanics kick in causing you to phase through your target you will die because you can’t parry after kicking

• @zombojoe:

if you kick and temporal warp mechanics kick in causing you to phase through your target you will die because you can’t parry after kicking

and you lose tons of stamina.

• @Xylvion:

and you lose tons of stamina.

Stamina doesn’t have mass.

• @Skindiacus:

Stamina doesn’t have mass.

It does if you’re religious.

• @Xylvion:

It does if you’re religious.

Ahhahahhhaha these fucking blasphemers…

• You can do this with SoW, you can start up a stab as they attack, if its a real attack you can feint to parry and do EU strats to regen stam, if its a feint you can just let it go through, which will sometimes get you traded anyway, or if you are fighting someone that is somewhat good you can feint their feint to try and make them feint to parry, which wont work on most people because they’ll just try to attack and might just hit you but at least there wouldn’t be a trade, or you can read a feint and instantly look-down which is better but you might trade anyways. You could try to train yourself to kick when you read so you can get that extra stam drain too, but they might either have a hole in their stomach or they might just trade you with a real attack.