Dodge out of Active Parry

• Remove this ASAP.

This allows MAAs to be immune to feints. They literally never have to read feints if they don’t want to.

Enemy feints > MAA parries > Enemy starts attack > MAA dodges during active parry > Enemy misses/MAA parries again

MAAs can literally never be punished for falling for a feint as long as they have stamina. The MAA should also always have enough stamina because of their backpedal speed.

Debate.

• Failed parry->dodge = 20 stamina.
    Feint->Miss->Feint->Parry = 15+‘10 or 15’+15+‘8 to 15ish’= 53 or 58 stamina.
    Feint->Miss->Comboparry = 15+‘10 or 15’+5+‘8-15ish’ = 43 or 48 stamina.
    Feint->Miss->dodge out of recovery = 15+10+20 =45

Either way, the person who has to deal with the opponent dodging away, if the MAA is close enough to hit back, will lose a massive amount of stamina. If they don’t have to get out of the MAAs way after a failed attack they will still lose 25-30 stamina depending on if the opponent’s using a 1h or a 2h.
    Dodging out of flinch and recovery are also silly and should be removed. Even if they say they fixed the flinch timer reset during dodge it still cancels flinch. last time I played this MAA got hit by my first attack with the LS, I obviously started a combo, he dodged to my side, I hit him, he hit me. I thought this shit was removed already, but I guess I was wrong.
    It shouldn’t be so hard to prevent dodge during: Recovery, Flinch, Active parry, hitting someones parry, hitting the enviorment. The 0.3 cooldown is also silly, the cooldown for parry is 0.5s, cooldown for dodge should be at least 0.75s. If this was changed I wouldn’t mind the dodge costing 15 stamina once again.

• why would you nerf them

• @Xylvion:

Failed parry->dodge = 20 stamina.Feint->Miss->Feint->Parry = 15+‘10 or 15’+15+‘8 to 15ish’= 53 or 58 stamina.Feint->Miss->Comboparry = 15+‘10 or 15’+5+‘8-15ish’ = 43 or 48 stamina.Feint->Miss->dodge out of recovery = 15+10+20 =45Either way, the person who has to deal with the opponent dodging away, if the MAA is close enough to hit back, will lose a massive amount of stamina. If they don’t have to get out of the MAAs way after a failed attack they will still lose 25-30 stamina depending on if the opponent’s using a 1h or a 2h.Dodging out of flinch and recovery are also silly and should be removed. Even if they say they fixed the flinch timer reset during dodge it still cancels flinch. last time I played this MAA got hit by my first attack with the LS, I obviously started a combo, he dodged to my side, I hit him, he hit me. I thought this shit was removed already, but I guess I was wrong.It shouldn’t be so hard to prevent dodge during: Recovery, Flinch, Active parry, hitting someones parry, hitting the enviorment. The 0.3 cooldown is also silly, the cooldown for parry is 0.5s, cooldown for dodge should be at least 0.75s. If this was changed I wouldn’t mind the dodge costing 15 stamina once again.

Nah I don’t agree with other changes. If you get hit by someone who dodged out of flinch and attacked then you’re just too slow to hit him. The cooldown is working properly imo. MAAs should be able to dodge out of flinch.

• @JimmyTryhard:

Nah I don’t agree with other changes. If you get hit by someone who dodged out of flinch and attacked then you’re just too slow to hit him. The cooldown is working properly imo. MAAs should be able to dodge out of flinch.

Give me the ability to attack and parry during recovery/flinch/after hitting something and sure MAAs can dodge out of flinch.
    And I wasn’t too slow to hit him, I hit him asap as his dodge ended.

• They would fall for one feint and then die. Zweihander would also be even more useful.

• maa is op as fuck in TO

you dont even have to contribute to a fight, as long as you are running towards the objective and thrown your firepot youve done enough dmg

if people chase you, you can 1v1 them ez pz and if they dont you win the objective

• You can aways double feint the fuckers OP

• I voted remove without thinking, I take it back though, I think it should stay.

Feint them once, they parry and dodge away. After they’ve dodged, feint again and they’re stuck in the dodge lockout and it’s a free hit. They kinda need it or like boner said they’d just be boom feint dead. Only problem with this is that you’re wasting 30 stamina for their 20, so you need to kill them quick and hope they fall for the feint otherwise rip stam. So again, it all comes down to the big yellow bar game.

• zwei is great vs maa you can caveman/feint an overhead and either kill them with the headshot or kill them with torso hit + heavy kick

with the massive range and the 0.6 windup its pretty easy to force a trade

• Yeah MaA is br()ken in TO in its current state. It’s amazing how much easier it is to kill a leet knight or vanguard compared to a leet MaA. Plz fix. Messer makes it a bit easier, but that’s only because it’s OP.

• Clicked remove by accident. Don’t count that vote.

• Dodge-in-Parry + Quarterstaff is quite hilarious, you can beat players significantly better than you and outstamina any MAA due to your weapon choice. I really think the only things that can beat a MAA who doesn’t fuck up the parry/dodge are Claymore, Spear, and Fork. They gain the survivability of a Knight Shield in TO with it. And NA has MAAs who do just fine without dodge-in-parry, pretty sure EU would too given the often better pings…

• I fking hate the qstaff.

• @dudeface:

I fking hate the qstaff.

QQstaff is so cancerous in 2v1, can deal with it in 1v1 provided the conditions are good and they keep the teleporting to a minimum, otherwise my yellow juice just disappears.

As far as I’m concerned, they can keep dodge out of active parry if you remove their ability to use shields.

• remove dodge after parry but allow parrying after dodging
    if you remove dodge in parry altogether MAA will be shite

• @Albert!:

remove dodge after parry but allow parrying after dodging
    if you remove dodge in parry altogether MAA will be shite

You should still be able to parry during dodge even if they remove dodge during parry.

• Actually, now that I think about it, you guys have a point. Double feinting definitely is a thing… but the stamina advantage still goes in favor of the MAA.

I still believe that removing it is the better option, in any case.

• if this game implemented a better flinch system instead of hit trade warfare, you could properly change some of the maa “features”. I personally think dodging out of a panic parry is bullshit. Only class that can dodge so they don’t have to read a feint, if they chose not to dodge and get feinted well I believe they should be getting hit.

so many times after getting dodge stabbed like 2-3 times and i’m on my last leg but have 1 hit on the maa already, get him to finally panic parry for the finishing blow and he dodges out, stams locks me after the stab and i have to suck on my thumb like a baby.

They already get at least 1 extra dodge by just backpedaling for like 1.5 seconds or less so wtf?

all the other type dodges like out of recovery, bypassing recovery with dodge, dodging out of flinch… that all could stay for now, but if a better flinch like first hit or something was implemented… it could then be looked into changing. For now they would be too weak if all got taken away and would just die constantly.

• @50ShadesofClay:

if this game implemented a better flinch system instead of hit trade warfare, you could properly change some of the maa “features”. I personally think dodging out of a panic parry is bullshit. Only class that can dodge so they don’t have to read a feint, if they chose not to dodge and get feinted well I believe they should be getting hit.

so many times after getting dodge stabbed like 2-3 times and i’m on my last leg but have 1 hit on the maa already, get him to finally panic parry for the finishing blow and he dodges out, stams locks me after the stab and i have to suck on my thumb like a baby.

They already get at least 1 extra dodge by just backpedaling for like 1.5 seconds or less so wtf?

all the other type dodges like out of recovery, bypassing recovery with dodge, dodging out of flinch… that all could stay for now, but if a better flinch like first hit or something was implemented… it could then be looked into changing. For now they would be too weak if all got taken away and would just die constantly.

You have a point… with the current flinch system, it’s hard for MAAs to find safe openings in the battle. I find that typically I just avoid situations where I am fighting against 3 or more people even if my teammates are fighting with me because of the high chance for hittrades and backswings. The current otpimal role as MAA is basically flanker/vulture with emphasis on 1v1ing. You’ll notice that most elite MAAs these days in competitive will fall into either one or both of these roles. The rest who try to do anything else will just get demolished in every engagement.

If MAA loses their ability to win 1v1 so easily then yeah, they will just get demolished or be suited for only objective play/flanking.